Obama Losing Independents

I've had a quite different experience. Most moderates I know appreciate Obama's leadership for not letting us eddy in the toilet, and kept our society above water. My wingnut friends are still pissed that the establishment of the GOP shove Romney down their throats.

I've had a quite different experience. Most moderates I know appreciate Obama's leadership for not letting us eddy in the toilet, and kept our society above water. My wingnut friends are still pissed that the establishment of the GOP shove Romney down their throats.

Well you're definition of a moderate must be a hard core left winger, just not an outright commie.

Let's be honest with each other...we have two choices at this point...Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Yes... Lets be honest. I'm not going to continue to have the same old shit all over again.

Ron Paul isn't even in the equation anymore nor has he been for a long...long time. So you are going to be standing in that voting booth come this Fall (I'm assuming that you are going to vote and hoping that IS the case) deciding between the two. What I'd like you (and others) to consider is what each man brings to the table to deal with the economic situation we find ourselves in.
OK. No... I will not be deciding between Obama and Mitt. I've done the "lesser of two evils" for so long it's not funny. It's not working. I'm voting for the man I want in the big chair. With full knowledge that I'm not helping republicans or democrats... However... There are less die hard republicans than democrats, so I'm pretty sure that yes... Obama is going to win with me doing that. I see that as Republicans fault... Not mine. Should have re-evaluated the republican platform. ((( I voted in Bush on both his terms. If the democrats wouldn't have put Kerry against Bush I likely would have voted democrat for the first time in my life. But... They didn't. I see Mitt and Kerry as pretty much the same type of politician. They tell you what you want to hear, but they forget that it's all caught on camera. I hate fucking George Bush. Fuck the lesser of two evils... No more. )))

In Barack Obama we would have someone with scant executive experience...little to no business experience and a demonstrated inability to build a political coalition to work towards a solution to our economic problems. In Mitt Romney on the other hand you've got someone with a great deal of executive experience...a great deal of business experience and he was the Republican Governor of a predominantly Democratic State which demonstrates the ability to work across the aisle.
Ummm... No... I don't believe Mitt would be any better than Obama. I think he'd happily take us to another war we have no business in. I think he'll happily, just like Obama, give money to other countries to be our "friend"... Until he actually acts like a patriot... I'm not going to think he is one.

The choice for me is rather simple. All this nonsense about Bain, Swiss bank accounts and dogs on the tops of cars? All inconsequential. I would probably enjoy playing a round of golf and having a few beers with Obama over Romney. Does that mean I think he should be President? No....because what I care about is competence.
Well... When he loses because the republican party refused to listen to the independents... Maybe you will be convinced that perhaps the republican party needs to change some of it's policies.

So... To be honest... I'm not voting for Mitt... I'm not voting for Obama. But I don't believe logic and the democratic party are bedfellows. Republicans ... Now they tend to be more logical. After they lose... Maybe the next election they'll change the party lines. Honest? I've already, like many independents, written this election off as it doesn't matter if Obama or Mitt gets it. We're fucked either way. I'll plan for the next one by letting you know why the republicans failed this time.

Last edited:
Let's be honest with each other...we have two choices at this point...Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Yes... Lets be honest. I'm not going to continue to have the same old shit all over again.

Ron Paul isn't even in the equation anymore nor has he been for a long...long time. So you are going to be standing in that voting booth come this Fall (I'm assuming that you are going to vote and hoping that IS the case) deciding between the two. What I'd like you (and others) to consider is what each man brings to the table to deal with the economic situation we find ourselves in.
OK.

In Barack Obama we would have someone with scant executive experience...little to no business experience and a demonstrated inability to build a political coalition to work towards a solution to our economic problems. In Mitt Romney on the other hand you've got someone with a great deal of executive experience...a great deal of business experience and he was the Republican Governor of a predominantly Democratic State which demonstrates the ability to work across the aisle.
Ummm... No... I don't believe Mitt would be any better than Obama. I think he'd happily take us to another war we have no business in. I think he'll happily, just like Obama, give money to other countries to be our "friend"... Until he actually acts like a patriot... I'm not going to think he is one.

The choice for me is rather simple. All this nonsense about Bain, Swiss bank accounts and dogs on the tops of cars? All inconsequential. I would probably enjoy playing a round of golf and having a few beers with Obama over Romney. Does that mean I think he should be President? No....because what I care about is competence.
Well... When he loses because the republican party refused to listen to the independents... Maybe you will be convinced that perhaps the republican party needs to change some of it's policies.

So... To be honest... I'm not voting for Mitt... I'm not voting for Obama. But I don't believe logic and the democratic party are bedfellows. Republicans ... Now they tend to be more logical. After they lose... Maybe the next election they'll change the party lines. Honest? I've already, like many independents, written this election off as it doesn't matter if Obama or Mitt gets it. We're fucked either way. I'll plan for the next one by letting you know why the republicans failed this time.

Yeah I hate to say it, I'm voting for Mitt, as bad as he is, Obama is way too much. Just gotta keep working and pick off the RINOS as we can. And we do need alot more transparency from our government and a fricken rule about the size of laws and what can go in them (I think any amendments should be germain only to the original law, no more stuffing shit in them and BOTH parties do that crap)

Well you're definition of a moderate must be a hard core left winger, just not an outright commie.

McCain, Snowe, Collins are all moderates that the extremist NutSuck party is trying to drive out of the GOP. Nope, I'm not a "commie". They're all hiding under your bed.

Yeah I hate to say it, I'm voting for Mitt, as bad as he is, Obama is way too much. Just gotta keep working and pick off the RINOS as we can. And we do need alot more transparency from our government and a fricken rule about the size of laws and what can go in them (I think any amendments should be germain only to the original law, no more stuffing shit in them and BOTH parties do that crap)
Transparency? Mitt???

I agree with what you are saying... But considering past experiences...

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Not for me... No more lesser of two evils... No more. Feel free to blame me and people like me when Mitt loses. That's actually the point we want to make. It is our fault we no longer want status quo. We own that. Well.. Those of us who aren't completely off our rockers.. But hey... Every party has that... Get those RINOS.

Last edited:
Transparency? Mitt???

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Not for me... No more lesser of two evils... No more. Feel free to blame me and people like me when Mitt loses. That's actually the point we want to make. It is our fault we no longer want status quo. We own that. Well.. Those of us who aren't completely off our rockers.. But hey... Every party has that... Get those RINOS.

Dude I didnt say Mitt was gonna bring it, Why dont people READ the post, I said we need it, and whether you like it or not, there are 2 contenders, that's it, you can do a protest vote and I do myself, but not for the President, gotta work with the hand your dealt.

Transparency? Mitt???

Dude I didnt say Mitt was gonna bring it, Why dont people READ the post, I said we need it, and whether you like it or not, there are 2 contenders, that's it, you can do a protest vote and I do myself, but not for the President, gotta work with the hand your dealt.
Fair enough.

Question... How are we ever going to get away from only having two contenders if you always have to vote for one or the other?

I think actions speak louder than words. So that's what I'm going to do. I respect your stance, but I do not agree with it.

McCain, Snowe, Collins are all moderates that the extremist NutSuck party is trying to drive out of the GOP. Nope, I'm not a "commie". They're all hiding under your bed.

Would that be the same John McCain that people like yourself described as "McBush" in the last Presidential election? Instead of a true moderate we got a far left Barack Obama. So now the Republicans nominate the most moderate candidate from those that were running and once again people like yourself are describing him as "extreme". Who's REALLY driving out the moderates? The Republicans that nominate them...or the Democrats that demonize them?

The crazees like buckeye45_73 are not the heart and soul of the GOP.

We proved that in selecting Romney.

After the election, Romney will make the buckeye45_73s toe his line or leave.

The crazees like buckeye45_73 are not the heart and soul of the GOP.

We proved that in selecting Romney.

After the election, Romney will make the buckeye45_73s toe his line or leave.

Nobody "selected" Romney. He was just the last guy to fall out of the little clown car.

Ah, the lefty narrative continues.

He was selected alright. And not because he was black.

Romney, in small part, was selected because he was white; let's not play games on this.

However, he was also selected because the mainstream of the party does not want the far right wacks to continue to make party-destroying stupid decisions.

Romney is going to win, then he is going to kick the far left and the far right square in the chops.

Would that be the same John McCain that people like yourself described as "McBush" in the last Presidential election? Instead of a true moderate we got a far left Barack Obama. So now the Republicans nominate the most moderate candidate from those that were running and once again people like yourself are describing him as "extreme". Who's REALLY driving out the moderates? The Republicans that nominate them...or the Democrats that demonize them?

So you deny that the Arizona Tea Baggers said that McCain needed a dirt nap and are trying to recall him? Yeah, I attacked McCain, especially on the chauvinistic war policies that he was pushing. For some reason, I didn't find "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" funny, nor clever.

So you deny that the Arizona Tea Baggers said that McCain needed a dirt nap and are trying to recall him? Yeah, I attacked McCain, especially on the chauvinistic war policies that he was pushing. For some reason, I didn't find "bomb bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran" funny, nor clever.

One guy said it, moron.

I forget, you guys can't read when you lose bladder control and piss in your own eyes.

So you admit that you attacked a moderate Republican...a man who was SO moderate in fact that he was actually discussed as a running mate for a Democratic Presidential candidate? Yet you'll come on here and declare that it's REPUBLICANS who are guilty of attacking moderates...even though it was Republicans who just nominated the most moderate of the candidates running for the nomination? You folks never fail to amuse, Huggy...

That is actually right up the Far Right's emotional alley: Obama, Romney, it's all the same to the freaks.

That is actually right up the Far Right's emotional alley: Obama, Romney, it's all the same to the freaks.
Huh... I must be a freak. Ahh well... I'm a proud freak that isn't eating bullshit anymore. You can go ahead without me.

Forum List

Back