Obama Losing Independents

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Digging into the crosstabs of our ABC/Washington Post poll it’s clear that Obama has a significant problem with independent voters. On every measure, independents are significantly more disappointed with the president and more open to a Mitt Romney message.

While 45 percent of voters overall say they approve of Obama’s handling of the economy, just 37 percent of independents believe that. Obama has a 12 point advantage among all voters on the issue of “who has presented a clearer plan for dealing with the economy – Obama or Romney?” But among independents that flips to an eight point advantage for Romney.

Even on the issue of Romney’s record in business, independent voters are more sympathetic to the Republican. Among all voters, more thought that Romney in his work as a corporate investor did more to cut jobs than create them (42 percent to 36 percent). But among independents, that flips to a six point advantage for Romney – 43-37 percent.

Obama Has Problems With Independent Voters - ABC News

And it is only going to get worse.

Keep telling yourself that before you go to sleep and your nightmares of a free world may end.

Telling myself what ?

That the polls say Obama is losing indes ?

You've got data to dispute that ?

Keep telling yourself that before you go to sleep and your nightmares of a free world may end.

Telling myself what ?

Yes, there are tons of polls that dispute that. None that your selective blindness will see, but if the boogieblack man scares you this much that you have to grasp onto every straw you can find i really ferar for your sanity. WATCH OUT! Obama is going to get you!

It is really amazing how one black man in power has scared a giant brown shitstain into the republican party's collective shorts.

Telling myself what ?

Yes, there are tons of polls that dispute that. None that your selective blindness will see, but if the boogieblack man scares you this much that you have to grasp onto every straw you can find i really ferar for your sanity. WATCH OUT! Obama is going to get you!

It is really amazing how one black man in power has scared a giant brown shitstain into the republican party's collective shorts.

I am sure you can provide some links.

I'll be waiting.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/19/us-usa-campaign-obama-poll-idUSTRE80I0B620120119

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/07/29/independents-souring-on-president-obama-poll-shows/

http://articles.businessinsider.com...dent-vote-michelle-diggles-obama-independents

Last edited:

Telling myself what ?

What is more amazing that you can suck on your Obama blow up doll and type at the same time and not make more errors than you do.

Telling myself what ?

I'm interested in seeing those polls, too. Links, please.

What's telling to me is how many people out there are moving from the Democratic Party and declaring themselves to be Independents. If memory serves me it's something staggering...like 300,000 over the past few years. THAT should be a concern if you're a progressive because it signals that a large "chunk" of your party didn't buy into the progressive agenda and wants to go a different way.

Telling myself what ?

Polls please.

Telling myself what ?

Got them Polls that show Obama isn't losing ground with Independents?

What's telling to me is how many people out there are moving from the Democratic Party and declaring themselves to be Independents. If memory serves me it's something staggering...like 300,000 over the past few years. THAT should be a concern if you're a progressive because it signals that a large "chunk" of your party didn't buy into the progressive agenda and wants to go a different way.

and yet every time I tell people I used to be a Democrat and they moved to far to the left for me, They call me a liar.

lol

Telling myself what ?

Sorry Listening, when someone randomly invokes the race card they automatically win the debate.

No polls or stats can save you.

Telling myself what ?

Sorry Listening, when someone randomly invokes the race card they automatically win the debate.

No polls or stats can save you.

Yep, and if Obama loses because Independents abandon him. tererun will waste no time coming in here, and saying Obama lost because of Racism, even though he will have lost because Independents who voted for him the first time, didn't the second.

Maybe 20 years from now tererun will have wised up, but today she sees nothing but what she wants to see.

Came in here, Played the Race card, made a completely false claim, and refuses to back it up with a link.

Need we say more.

Obama was pretty much an independents' dream in 2008. No record to run on, therefore they and the media could make him out to be whatever they wanted him to be. Progressives could make him to the be progressive (which he is). Independents could make him out to be moderate.... and so on.

Now that he has a record, and a very bad one at that, how is he supposed to claim that he's anything but far left, big government, massive debt spending, pro abortion, etc etc? I've talked to numerous people who bought into the hope and change rhetoric that now very much regret their decision. It's not to say that they're leaping for joy for Romney but the anti-Obama vote is going to be quite strong this year just like the anti-Bush vote was strong in favor of Obama in 2008.

This is only a surprise to those in the P-BO cult of personality and washington pollsters.

Forum List

Back