Obama Loses His First Debate

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
In a speech that the Gingrich campaign has begun broadcasting around the country, and which is posted at Newt.org, Gingrich presents a unique new vision for a booming American economy. I think you will find it pathbreaking. It is so compelling that it drew Obama into a transcontinental debate with the former Speaker, the first exchange that Obama has decisively lost since he appeared on the national stage.
Gingrich began the explanation of his vision like this:
What if we had a program that enabled the American people to develop so much new energy that we were, in fact, no longer reliant on Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran. We didn't care what the Iranians did in the Strait of Hormuz because we were safe in national security terms.
What if that new energy program created well over a million new jobs, high-paying jobs, jobs that put Americans back to work and kept the money here at home that we had been sending overseas, giving us a dramatic improvement in our balance of payments, strengthening the dollar and giving us a chance to live much freer and more independently?
What if that very idea also meant that we'd also have dramatic increases in federal revenue… without a tax increase but that, in fact, the federal government would have literally an entire new stream of money?

The American Spectator : Obama Loses His First Debate

In a speech that the Gingrich campaign has begun broadcasting around the country, and which is posted at Newt.org, Gingrich presents a unique new vision for a booming American economy. I think you will find it pathbreaking. It is so compelling that it drew Obama into a transcontinental debate with the former Speaker, the first exchange that Obama has decisively lost since he appeared on the national stage.
What if we had a program that enabled the American people to develop so much new energy that we were, in fact, no longer reliant on Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran. We didn't care what the Iranians did in the Strait of Hormuz because we were safe in national security terms.
Aw, jeez......"Frig" Newton imagines being the....

.......huh?

I thought that was a bad-thing, for Teabaggers??

:eusa_eh:

The result is that the official unemployment rate in North Dakota is 3.5 percent, with nearly 20,000 jobs paying $60,000 to $80,000 a year remaining unfilled for lack of sufficiently skilled applicants. Revenue from the booming growth is gushing into the North Dakota state government so fast that after seven consecutive tax cuts, the state enjoys a rainy day fund of several billion dollars, even though the entire state budget is only $2 billion.
nothing to laugh at in this part at least.

Great Article WillowTree!! I just wish Newt hadn't wasted his youth chasing pretty girls. He's a brilliant man and can put Obama rhetoric to shame. He can silence him in one swift move.

I hope Newt finds a place in the new Administration that will be coming in in 2012, I just don't think the party will let him be the candidate. ~~sigh~~

I didn't know loser Newt was even in the race anymore.

Huh.
Hell.....I'm thinkin' there are Teabaggers who are still waiting for Snooki Palin to make a formal-announcement.....declaring HER official-withdrawl.​

What if that new energy program created well over a million new jobs, high-paying jobs, jobs that put Americans back to work and kept the money here at home that we had been sending overseas, giving us a dramatic improvement in our balance of payments, strengthening the dollar and giving us a chance to live much freer and more independently?
What if that very idea also meant that we'd also have dramatic increases in federal revenue… without a tax increase but that, in fact, the federal government would have literally an entire new stream of money?

Obama does not care to turn his head and see Americans frustrated because his energy policy is lowering their standard of living by dinging them $1500 a year for the extra high gas just to go to work, the store, and pay utilities. While he is hobnobbing with the rich and famous green snobs worldwide on taxpayer dime, Americans are hitting up the piggy bank to pay their group high gas prices to stunt travel, giving up eating out and going on vacations.

I didn't know loser Newt was even in the race anymore.

Huh.
Hell.....I'm thinkin' there are Teabaggers who are still waiting for Snooki Palin to make a formal-announcement.....declaring HER official-withdrawl.​

I know I'm waiting for Snooki Palin. Damn straight.

Come on baby, don't play games, daddy's got a new set a cuffs.

:D
Better make your "move", soon.

She's startin' to look a lil' road-weary......

sarah_palin_now_also_mad_at_indias_lamestream_media-460x307.jpg

What IF? The Newt didn't address the question of how private companies will be forced to sell the oil & natural gas in the US of course.

Obama does not care to turn his head and see Americans frustrated because his energy policy is lowering their standard of living by dinging them $1500 a year for the extra high gas just to go to work, the store, and pay utilities.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......your issue is with those.....

handjob.gif

There's nothing like the comfort of a well worn bed--after a fifth of Jack.

What IF? The Newt didn't address the question of how private companies will be forced to sell the oil & natural gas in the US of course.
Addendum; the oil boom began in 2009:

Workers make $49,500 on average here, to Fargo’s $38,000. In oil, the fastest-growing employment sector, wages average more than $80,000 a year.

Job Service reported in July [2010] that 6,620 people from other states found jobs in North Dakota in 2009, more than 80 percent more than the 3,631 out-of-staters who found work here in 2008. In June, North Dakota’s unemployment rate of 3.3 percent was lowest in the nation.

In May, the last month for which Job Service has compiled numbers, there were 1,100 job openings in Williston, 655 of them in the oil industry.
And no, I do NOT credit Obama; once again however, the Newt left out some facts. (Combining Newt's brain with Snowe's decency would create a good Republican candidate.)

Forum List

Back