Obama looks so small compared to this great man

See above.

Are you purposely trying to appear as stupid as possible? Or is it just your natural self?

he's trolling.

it's what these loons do. He's the equivalent of a weirdo who comes downtown at Christmas to heckle carolers about their faith.

I'd really just like to know how Reagan cut black unemployment in half. You said he did. You won't tell us how. Why not? Do you know?

So I guess if "trolling" means asking someone to provide evidence to justify their assertion, then yes, i'm trolling.

No, actually I'm merely asking how Reagan halved black unemployment.

OK, my question is answered. Be all you can be goes for stupid people too.

Well good for you then.

You can't even name a single concrete action by Reagan that was great.

Actually, I already met your challenge and then some. You asked what he did that was great, i provided multiple examples.

Now you want to know HOW he did those things and you're pretending he had nothing to do with them.

Sorry, you lose. You're just a troll.

OK, my question is answered. Be all you can be goes for stupid people too.

Well good for you then.

You can't even name a single concrete action by Reagan that was great.

Actually, I already met your challenge and then some. You asked what he did that was great, i provided multiple examples.

Now you want to know HOW he did those things and you're pretending he had nothing to do with them.

Sorry, you lose. You're just a troll.

And while we're on the subject, can you explain how you get that the black unemployment rate was cut by 1/2 under Reagan? I'm looking at this chart
Unemployment rates by race and ethnicity, 2010
and can't figure how you get that. Where did you get your number from? Did you pull it our your ass? I think you're full of shit.

You disagreed so strongly you can't even list a single great thing he did.

Yea, because profoundly changing the direction doesn't count as "a single great thing" to you. :badgrin:
Right, its something vague and general that requires no concrete action at all. All you need is a bunch of brain dead followers that think you're awesome even though they can't list a single particular thing you did that was great.

I don't think he was too worried about overselling the matter to the likes of you (Nothing personal).

He halved black unemployment, and presided over a 12 percent increase in family earning.

No, actually, both of your claims are factually untrue.

He didn't halve black unemployment. Black unemployment was 14.3 in 1980 and 11.7 in 1988. That's a 22% decline, not a 50% decline. So you're wrong.
http://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2011/ted_20111005_data.htm

Also, median household income only rose about 8% over his term. You can see in this table:
Median Household Income History in the United States
that it was, in inflation adjusted dollars, $48126 in 1988 and $44616 in 1980 for an improvement of 8%. And in fact, during his first term, the real value of the median income rose less than $200.

Reagan's modest 8% improvement over 8 years is better than any Republican President in recent history, but as you can see, it went from $46,616 in 1992 to $53,164, for a 14% increase over 8 years under President Clinton. So Reagan isn't particularly noteworthy for his 8% improvement, except that its the best for a recent Republican.

Where the fuck did you get your numbers, BTW. Did you just make them up or are you parroting something you heard somewhere that you obviously never bothered to check out yourself? That's the trouble with debating things with people like you. You only know what others have told you, you seldom decide to check out the facts for yourself. God forbid you have to read past a headline and do your own homework to make sure you aren't being lied to. Obviously - whoever told you Reagan reduced black unemployment by halve was full of shit. Obviously - whoever told you Reagan increased household incomes by 12% was also wrong. You probably couldn't even say where you first heard it - I'm sure that there are millions of sheep like you out their parroting the same false statistics. Its obvious you didn't come up with those figures on your own, because I presume you have basic arithmetic skills. But you'll continue to believe whatever FOX News or Rush Limbaugh or your ignorant conservative friends who get their knowledge from Hannity or Ann Coulter have to tell you because its easier than doing your own damn homework and thinking.

Last edited:
He halved black unemployment, and presided over a 12 percent increase in family earning.

No, actually, both of your claims are factually untrue.

He didn't halve black unemployment. Black unemployment was 14.3 in 1980 and 11.7 in 1988. That's a 22% decline, not a 50% decline. So you're wrong.
Unemployment rates by race and ethnicity, 2010

Also, median household income only rose about 8% over his term. You can see in this table:
Median Household Income History in the United States
that it was, in inflation adjusted dollars, $48126 in 1988 and $44616 in 1980 for an improvement of 8%. And in fact, during his first term, the real value of the median income rose less than $200.

Reagan's modest 8% improvement over 8 years is better than any Republican President in recent history, but as you can see, it went from $46,616 in 1992 to $53,164, for a 14% increase over 8 years under President Clinton. So Reagan isn't particularly noteworthy for his 8% improvement, except that its the best for a recent Republican.

Where the fuck did you get your numbers, BTW. Did you just make them up or are you parroting something you heard somewhere that you obviously never bothered to check out yourself? That's the trouble with debating things with people like you. You only know what others have told you, you seldom decide to check out the facts for yourself. God forbid you have to read past a headline and do your own homework to make sure you aren't being lied to. Obviously - whoever told you Reagan reduced black unemployment by halve was full of shit. Obviously - whoever told you Reagan increased household incomes by 12% was also wrong. You probably couldn't even say where you first heard it - I'm sure that there are millions of sheep like you out their parroting the same false statistics. Its obvious you didn't come up with those figures on your own, because I presume you have basic arithmetic skills. But you'll continue to believe whatever FOX News or Rush Limbaugh or your ignorant conservative friends who get their knowledge from Hannity or Ann Coulter have to tell you because its easier than doing your own damn homework and thinking.

Well then. Sounds like Reagan should be a hero of blacks compared to Obama.

black-unemployment.jpg

"Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference."
Mort Sahl

Thank You Mr. President - 49 second video

Helen-Thomas-Feb-08_4_1.jpg

Reagan and the press...

When President Reagan first took over the oval office, we would throw questions at President Reagan, and he would answer them.

Well, his three top aides were apoplectic. They didn’t know what was coming out of his mouth. They taught the president to say “this is not a press conference”, and they had him quite trained on that.

And one day we asked him what was happening, and he said to us: “I can’t answer that”. We said ‘why’?

“Because they won’t let me”, he pointed to Baker, Meese and Deaver standing behind, very grim.

“They won’t let me”…I said, ‘but you’re the President’…

Last edited:
Reagan would be called a RINO by you wackjobs today. Simply because he understood that there are times and in his case, multiple times when taxes need to be raised. You'd crucify him as a RINO if he dared to say such a thing today.

You people are hypocritical to the core.

Last edited:
Obama probably never truly celebrated this day growing up in Indonesia with a Muslim commie dad and hippy mom back here. Lol serious .....great speech ad always by Reagan happy fourth people I leave you with more Reagan and the socialized medicine speech.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdLpem-AAs]Ronald Reagan Speaks Out Against Socialized Medicine - YouTube[/ame]

Reagan wasn't of Reagan's caliber until he was.

Before he was elected he was the partner to Bonzo and the host of Death Valley Days.

How could we possibly have known that he had a belief system, morals and a conscience.

We have been taught to expect our politicians to have none of these things.

Anything beats the current guy, though. If we just get someone who stops the active campaign to destroy us, that's a start.

Reagan wasn't that great of a President. He didn't really do anything great.

The job of a President is more like the job of a parent. It's not what he does. It's what the citizenry does while he's in power.

Reagan allowed the US population to regain greatness.

Compare that to the current loser who is allowing us to regain a languishing dependence and a belief that our best is behind us. A President is judged not by the great things that he does, but by the great things the we do while he's in office.

Obama's like a golfer who has a beautiful swing and puts every ball in the pond.

He is a complete and utter failure, but he looks great while he's bringing us all down. I'll give you that.

Forum List

Back