Obama Lists Simply 'African American' as Race on Census

If you knew anything about the issue you wouldn't be in Willowtree's backyard repeating misinformation.

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists. In his autobiography he proudly stated he was given a Kenyan name but ten years later, on the campaign trail, he sold out and switched to African American to sell more votes. The sad thing is.....it worked. We still do not have an African American president.

kenya isn't in africa?

and how is he in willow's 'backyard'?

the reality is that whites with any black blood have ALWAYS been considered black in this society.

what do you call halle berry?

what about the fine young cannibals' lead singer?

weird??

He is a legitimate African American

Father- African
Mother- American

If you knew anything about the issue you wouldn't be in Willowtree's backyard repeating misinformation.

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists. In his autobiography he proudly stated he was given a Kenyan name but ten years later, on the campaign trail, he sold out and switched to African American to sell more votes. The sad thing is.....it worked. We still do not have an African American president.

kenya isn't in africa?

the reality is that whites with any black blood have ALWAYS been considered black in this society.

what do you call halle berry?

One more time.....

The term "African American" grew out of descendants of slavery and they knew their ancestors were brought from Africa and that was all they knew. Hence, African American. Obushama is a Kenyan-American and he has shit all over the reasons why "African American" exists.

Obushama knows his exact heritage. Descendants of slaves do not and that is where the term African American comes from.

What do I call H Berry? Fuxxing hot!

I checked other & wrote in American. I think we all should do that. Why do people still consider themselves as another than an American? The President could have shown some leadership in this regard to help end racism in this country instead of embracing it. Why do people still consider themselves as another race. Most of us are all mixed & according to DNA studies all came from the same parent way back.

Because that contradicts the idea of America. Having an ethnic heritage is not a bad thing so why try to nix terms like Irish American, German American, etc? Also, race is a myth and those aren't races but cultures/ethnicities.

I checked other & wrote in American. I think we all should do that. Why do people still consider themselves as another than an American? The President could have shown some leadership in this regard to help end racism in this country instead of embracing it. Why do people still consider themselves as another race. Most of us are all mixed & according to DNA studies all came from the same parent way back.

Because that contradicts the idea of America. Having an ethnic heritage is not a bad thing so why try to nix terms like Irish American, German American, etc? Also, race is a myth and those aren't races but cultures/ethnicities.

no shit....there is the human race....that is fucking it....the rest is bullshit....

I haven't filled out my census yet. Maybe I should check African-American.
My paternal grandmother was from Sicily. How do I know some African didn't canoe across and boff my great-great grandmother?

no shit....there is the human race....that is fucking it....the rest is bullshit....

Your correct. Human race would have been the best answer. All other answers are just racist.

He is a legitimate African American

Father- African
Mother- American

kenya isn't in africa?

what do you call halle berry?[/QUOTE]

Beautiful!

If I wrote in Irish American, no one would care or make a big deal out of it.

Y'all need to quit being such assholes.

Just a thought.

As a vast many African Americans in the U.S. are actually mixed race, I don't see this as a big deal. It used to be that anyone with any African ancestry was labeled black. I wish the census would stop asking such questions. We are all Americans.

What is hypocritical is how he ran as a mixed race Post Racial person - but I have long given up on Obama being intellectually honest or consistent.

I can imagine what Cons would say if he'd checked any other box.

Righty's, if you ever find yourself trying to make some kind of "he is half white" point....remember this, if he was banging your daughter or yuour wife, seriously, would you call him a half white gentleman? What color would come to your lips if you were describing him?

He is black. He has a black wife, and black children. There are many many mixed black people in this country, but they are considered black.

Last edited:
Righty's, if you ever find yourself trying to make some kind of "he is half white" point....remember this, if he was banging your daughter or yuour wife, seriously, would you call him a half white gentleman? What color would come to your lips if you were describing him?

He is black. He has a black wife, and black children. There are many many mixed black people in this country, but they are considered black.

It's pretty clear that's how you would feel if he were banging your daughter, given how you view him racially.

If I wrote in Irish American, no one would care or make a big deal out of it.

Y'all need to quit being such assholes.

Just a thought.

If he wore brown socks, there would be someone writing a thread about it. :lol:

It's pretty clear that's how you would feel if he were banging your daughter, given how you view him racially.

So you are saying you describe him as half white? lol

He is black. Period. Go Mr. President. The first black one in the countries history!

God bless America.

Forum List

Back