Obama: 'lipstick On A Pig, Still A Pig'

you mean like the pitbull in lipstick...

you guys need to toughen up. your pitbull's a whining wimp...

whaaaaaaaaa... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... they hurt my feewings.... whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Well, the difference being that she was referring to herself.

It's could be considered bigoted to call a woman a pig, or to refer to stinking fish when discussing a woman.

Particularly when we consider how incredibly thin skinned Obama is himself about things like that.

It's could be considered bigoted to call a woman a pig, or to refer to stinking fish when discussing a woman.

Particularly when we consider how incredibly thin skinned Obama is himself about things like that.
You're a pig, Allie, and you smell like a dead salmon.

:badgrin:

Tissue?

That's your right wing interpretation. I heard the remark and applause and I focused on the fact of no frigging policy change, just some frigging lipstick.

How about the lie of tell them no to the bridge to nowhere?

Does that count? How about McCain saying she sold the plane on Ebay? does that count.

Right now the right is spreading as many lies as possible, because they know the right believe automatically and the masses don't read to check them out.

She didn't fire the chef either. Even though she said she did, in her speech.

Here are some McCain position flip flops and blunders all in one handy package:

The REAL John McCain: Less Jobs, More Wars.

1) It is a logical interpretation to show that Obama is not the 'different politician' he has tried to sell himself as

You're right - BUT the change Obama has outlined is very clear, and it isn't style (as your comment suggests) but substance. Here's the change he has said:

Obama said he would stop giving tax breaks to corporations "that ship jobs overseas" and give them instead to companies that create jobs in the United States.

He said he would eliminate capital gains for small businesses and the start-ups that create high-wage, high-tech jobs and would cut taxes for 95 percent of all working families.

Regarding energy, "in 10 years, we will finally end our dependence on oil from the Middle East," he said. He said he'd invest $150 billion over the next decade in affordable, renewable energy sources of energy.

Obama said he would invest in "world-class" education because "it will take nothing less to compete in the global economy." But, he said, parents also must take responsibility for the raising of their children.

He pledged "affordable, accessible healthcare for every single American."

"And now is the time to keep the promise of equal pay for an equal day's work, because I want my daughters to have exact same opportunities as your sons," he said.

Obama said he would "never hesitate to defend this nation," but would deploy troops with a clear mission and a commitment and provide the needed equipment and the "care and benefits they deserve when they come home."

He promised to end the war in Iraq responsibly and "finish the fight" against al-Qaida and Taliban in Afghanistan, as well as renew "tough, direct diplomacy" on nuclear weapons proliferation or aggression.

On the other hand, McCain says he is for change, but he hasn't outlined what that change is. He seems to be against pork, but his record is confusing. He says he will 'take on washington' but doesn't say how. And, it's clear his maverick status has eroded in the past ~5 years.

(As far as the plane, she also said she sold it at a profit on ebay, both of those statements are lies as it was sold by a broker at a loss. I suspect you know this.)

Last edited:
this whole thing is stupid. it is a common expression. even huckabee believes obama wasnt going after palin.

"It’s an old expression, and I’m going to have to cut Obama some slack on that one," Huckabee said on Fox News Channel. "I do not think he was referring to Sarah Palin; he didn’t reference her. If you take the two soundbites together, it may sound like it. But I’ve been a guy at the podium many times, and you say something that's maybe a part of an old joke and then somebody ties it in. So, I’m going to have to cut him slack."

And the Obama camp pointed out that McCain used the same phrase while criticizing Clinton's healthcare plan as the same as the one she pushed as first lady. "I think they put some lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig," he said of her proposal.

At a February 2007 news conference on Iraq war strategy, McCain said, "It gets down to whether you support what’s being done in this new strategy or you don’t. You can put lipstick on a pig. It’s still a pig in my view.”

Smear or playing 'gender card?' - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

I think this may backfire on the McCain camp if they cry too many fake tears over this issue, esp given that McCain himself used it in reference to something pertaining to Hillary Clinton AND Barack had in fact used the phrase SEVERAL times in decribing the Iraq policy and other issues related to the adminstration.

I think this may backfire on the McCain camp if they cry too many fake tears over this issue, esp given that McCain himself used it in reference to something pertaining to Hillary Clinton AND Barack had in fact used the phrase SEVERAL times in decribing the Iraq policy and other issues related to the adminstration.

looks like a lot of people are falling for it though. i dont understand why people get distracted from real issues by stupid stuff like this

you mean like the pitbull in lipstick...

you guys need to toughen up. your pitbull's a whining wimp...

whaaaaaaaaa... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... they hurt my feewings.... whhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Riight. Because we haven't all seen Barry crying weekly over his hurt feelers. Like today.... whining that the mean ol Media is picking on him LOL. If the media actually trashed him like they do Palin, he would curl up in the fetal position and stay locked in his office under his desk.... just like Kieth Olbermann.:cuckoo:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_knocks_press_on_madeup_controversy.html

"Speaking at a high school in Norfolk, Obama took a few moments to address what he calls "the made-up controversy" of the day, Amie Parnes reports.

Obama said the McCain campaign moved to "seize an innocent remark and take it out of context because they knew it's catnip for the news media."

"See, it would be funny, but the news media decided that would be the lead story yesterday. This happens every election cycle. Every four years, this is what we do. This is what they want to spend two of the last 55 days talking about...Enough!" he said. well, duh

Obama called the attacks "lies, outrage and swift boat politics."

"These are serious times and they call for a serious debate...spare me all the phony outrage. Spare me all the phony talk about change."

poor O, just not ready for the big leagues. he hasn't figured out that there's a new flavor of the month and he's yesterday's news, a fish wrapper if you will.
i'm heartbroken

Last edited:
:D
Interestingly enough, it seems that everything the GOP is accusing the dems of, are the very things that they do themselves!

I especially remember the Paris/Brittney attack ads, which when they backfired, McInsane tried to pass off as "jokes".

Yep.....the GOP has gotten pretty pathetic as of late.

Those ad's did not backfire...which would be why dems hate them so much. Barry is losing his popularity as we speak. Youngsters are fickle and move on to the next new fad. Barry is yesterdays news to them and he doen't know how to handle it either.
:D

Riight. Because we haven't all seen Barry crying weekly over his hurt feelers. Like today.... whining that the mean ol Media is picking on him LOL. If the media actually trashed him like they do Palin, he would curl up in the fetal position and stay locked in his office under his desk.... just like Kieth Olbermann.:cuckoo:

it's nice that you crawled out from under your rock to join us...now shut the fuck up and do some research before opening your dick sucker to make stupid comments like that.

*playing the con game of insults and ridicule for today just to see how it feels*

it's nice that you crawled out from under your rock to join us...now shut the fuck up and do some research before opening your dick sucker to make stupid comments like that.

*playing the con game of insults and ridicule for today just to see how it feels*

AWWWW Kieth is that you big guy.... Well, since you crawled out from your rock,fair is fair... I love it when Dems can't take what they dish out. So suck it.

Last edited:

Obama thin skinned? That's funny since every criticism of McCain or the pitbull gets met by the right whining.

They need to grow up....

shall I go back and look at the threads to find your fake outrage when they McCain said the same thing about Hillary's plan?

I'm guessing I shouldn't waste my time.

And you might want to worry more about Sawah's merely passing acquaintance with the truth.

Forum List

Back