Obama: 'lipstick On A Pig, Still A Pig'

Well Silence, I respectfully disagree because I have seen the angry women on tv and they hate Obama and they would never vote for him. They were waiting for a reason to not vote Obama and Palen gave them a pass. I'm not saying all women are stupid or anything like that but they went over the demographics in the polls yesterday(I think the polls are suspect) and it was the older white woman demo that raised for Mccain.

That's not correct by any demographic analysis I've seen. What happened was that McCain solidified his right wing christian base with Palin. How that plays out and how she does in the debates will tell the rest of the story.

And, to second strollingbones, I'm a Hillary woman... and you couldn't pay me or the other Hillary supporters I know to vote for putting Palin anywhere near the white house. (Which is how I know that certain people who CLAIMED to be Hillary supporters and are now ostensibly all rah rah for a truth-challenged, extremist right wing theocrat aren't telling the truth).

That's not correct by any demographic analysis I've seen. What happened was that McCain solidified his right wing christian base with Palin. How that plays out and how she does in the debates will tell the rest of the story.

And, to second strollingbones, I'm a Hillary woman... and you couldn't pay me or the other Hillary supporters I know to vote for putting Palin anywhere near the white house. (Which is how I know that certain people who CLAIMED to be Hillary supporters and are now ostensibly all rah rah for a truth-challenged, extremist right wing theocrat aren't telling the truth).

Palin is drawing older white women who were previoulsy undecided, for the most part. We'll see if its just the novelty of it, or whether its sustained.

I personally haven't talked to a single liberal woman/feminist/hillary voter who would even consider supporting that religious rightwing freak Palin

Palin brought a lot of formerly reluctant bible thumpers into the McCain camp.

Selecting her was, in my opinion, a brilliant move on his part.

She's everything I hate, so she must be what the Neo_cons want.

I think her selection might ALSO have driven some people on the fence leading toward McCain firmly into the Obmama camp, too.

but in the whole, I think McCain got more votes from her selection than he lost.

Last edited:
Palin brought a lot of formerly reluctant bible thumpers into the McCain camp.

Selecting her was, in my opinion, a brilliant move on his part.

She's everything I hate, so she must be what the Neo_cons want.

I think her selection might ALSO have driven some people on the fence leading toward McCain firmly into the Obmama camp, too.

but in the whole, I think McCain got more votes from her selection than he lost.

Then pro choice women are dumb, because this woman will ban abortion even in cases of rape. And her policies are exactly like Bush's, so then people are dumb as shit.

This only energized their base. Those people were going to vote for McCain anyways, only know they are a little bit more jazzed up. Big deal. There are no new joiners to the ticket because of her.

Bush's 1st term featured the worst job creation record since Hoover, and he still won. His 2nd term has barely been better, and the GOP is basically even. Dems are getting so bad at running campaigns, the GOP can just keep putting up idiots who fuck everything up, and still win.

i wish i could disagree with you, although we could debate who won what election...

but the truth is, the dems haven't yet learned to take on the karl rove smear machine. and the nancy pelosi wing of the party needs to be put back out to pasture in favor of bill clinton's "new dems"....

and james carville running the DNC wouldn't be a bad thing. :eusa_pray:

and the nancy pelosi wing of the party needs to be put back out to pasture in favor of bill clinton's "new dems"....

Did you know that Politboro members had a worse chance of reelection in the former Soviet Union that our member of Congress do, Jill?

Contrary to the popularly held opinion that most American have that we are a society which is open to change, or one that gives people opportunity to advance, our insiders are possible the most secure set of insiders on earth (with the possible exception of Egland, peers of the realm).

America's artistos are firmly entrenched in their positions of power.

Forum List

Back