Obama: Lincoln Came Close To My Trials

Obama faces off with the Tea Party. Lincoln faced off with the Confederacy.

Which adversary is the greater dynamo?

He claimed Words, pictures and comments were worse for him then Lincoln, what part of " you can not say the things they said back then" escapes you?

Further Lincoln eventually was KILLED by a Confederate sympathizer. Go ahead now and claim anyone will kill Obama.

Are you kidding?

Conservatives here would relish taking out Obama. They tried to take out Giffords..with a surrogate prompted by Palin.

All Conservatives know is anger and violence.

They love killing people.

He claimed Words, pictures and comments were worse for him then Lincoln, what part of " you can not say the things they said back then" escapes you?

Further Lincoln eventually was KILLED by a Confederate sympathizer. Go ahead now and claim anyone will kill Obama.

Are you kidding?

Conservatives here would relish taking out Obama. They tried to take out Giffords..with a surrogate prompted by Palin.

:lol: Hyperbolic lies. That's all "you people" have left, huh? :lol:

But not quite as difficult. Yes, really.

Yes, he said this. :rolleyes:

Abe Lincoln | Barack Obama | Federalists | Presidential Critics | The Daily Caller

Obama: I have it tougher than Abe Lincoln
Published: 4:07 PM 08/16/2011 | Updated: 12:41 AM 08/17/2011

President Barack Obama said yesterday in Decorah, Iowa, that he absorbs more political criticism than Abraham Lincoln, the assassinated 16th U.S. president, attracted from his Civil War critics.

The comment came during a question-and-answer session where one invited audience member asked Obama how he deals with his congressional critics in the GOP. “The Congress doesn’t seem to be a good partner. You said so yourself, they’re more interested in seeing you lose than [seeing] the country win,” the questioner lamented.

“Democracy is always a messy business in a big country like this,” Obama responded. “When you listen to what the federalists said about the anti-federalists … those guys were tough. Lincoln, they used to talk about him almost as bad as they talk about me.”

The comparison “is hysterical … that is really laughable in many respects,” said Alvin Felzenberg, the author of a book on American presidents. “You couldn’t print things today they said about Lincoln.” Felzenberg teaches at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and was the chief spokesman for the 9/11 Commission...

Geez, this guy has an ego larger than life, and always has.

Then again, someone who writes TWO autobiographies about himself has a pretty big ego.

I hope we can get him out of the White House safely when he loses.

What does it matter what side of the fence I sit on? Either way it was a hyperbolic comparison that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Once again if you were a left winger you could easily have MEANT it. Or do I need to repeat they claim the Tea party are suicide bombers and terrorists? Claiming they were as much a threat as the Confederacy is no stretch from there. In fact I am surprised they haven't done so. I guess in a way they have as they also call them treasonous.

I don't think people actually believe that the tea party are terrorists. It is used more in the figurative sense rather than literal sense.

Suicide bombers. That's a new one. Who called you this?

If they don't belive it then perhaps they can act like the "grown ups" they claim to be and stfu.

The TEA Party isn't an actual party. It is a movement of ordinary citizens fed up with intrusive government and want it bound back to the Constitution. It's an ideal...same as the Sons Of Liberty in the 1700's, and the Founders.

So VP bite me and the rest of the Statists please go ahead and continue to call us terrorists and the like. It just furthers our resolve.

Obama needs to stop whining and grow up. He is no Lincoln, FDR, Reagan, JFK... he is simply Obama... The Statist.

Are you kidding?

it's like his own acid is eating him up..

Are you kidding?

You really need to see a shrink if you BELIEVE that spew you posted. my gawd you are pathetic.:cuckoo:

Are you kidding?

it's like his own acid is eating him up..

It is rare that I actually laugh out loud when reading stuff on this forum, but I sure do at some of the complete hyperbole from Swallow. That is some funny shit. He definitely has a career in comedy. Scary thing is that I think he actually believes the garbage he writes. :lol::lol:

Are you kidding?

You really need to see a shrink if you BELIEVE that spew you posted. my gawd you are pathetic.:cuckoo:

I don't know about you, but I think Swallow is seriously pissed. :lol: His anger and violent feelings are being projected onto others. :lol:

Are you kidding?

Not enough negative points can be given for that post.

Projection at its worst, for you libs look more like the

the Khmer Rouge every day and in every way.

:cuckoo:

Are you kidding?

Come on California Girl..you'd like to bust a cap in my noggin wouldn't ya?

Are you kidding?

Not worht the cost of the bullet.
I'd like to see you get the hell off this forum and bother someone else.

Are you kidding?

Not enough negative points can be given for that post.

Projection at its worst, for you libs look more like the

the Khmer Rouge every day and in every way.

:cuckoo:

What projection?

You fuckers were happy as clams to invade a country over nothing. You know how many people died as a result of Iraq? It's over 200,000. I've been on conservative blogs that show machine guns taking out Iraqis to the music of heavy metal.

You guys think it's a football game.

It's not. Real people died.

Are you kidding?

Interestingly, the thought had not entered my head. Don't confuse your hatred of me for my giving a shit about you, sweetie. Your feelings are yours - own them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back