Obama: Lincoln Came Close To My Trials

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
But not quite as difficult. Yes, really.

Yes, he said this. :rolleyes:

Abe Lincoln | Barack Obama | Federalists | Presidential Critics | The Daily Caller

Obama: I have it tougher than Abe Lincoln
Published: 4:07 PM 08/16/2011 | Updated: 12:41 AM 08/17/2011

President Barack Obama said yesterday in Decorah, Iowa, that he absorbs more political criticism than Abraham Lincoln, the assassinated 16th U.S. president, attracted from his Civil War critics.

The comment came during a question-and-answer session where one invited audience member asked Obama how he deals with his congressional critics in the GOP. “The Congress doesn’t seem to be a good partner. You said so yourself, they’re more interested in seeing you lose than [seeing] the country win,” the questioner lamented.

“Democracy is always a messy business in a big country like this,” Obama responded. “When you listen to what the federalists said about the anti-federalists … those guys were tough. Lincoln, they used to talk about him almost as bad as they talk about me.”

The comparison “is hysterical … that is really laughable in many respects,” said Alvin Felzenberg, the author of a book on American presidents. “You couldn’t print things today they said about Lincoln.” Felzenberg teaches at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and was the chief spokesman for the 9/11 Commission...

I've been to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield. The cartoons drawn and articles written were unbelievable: Like nothing you'd see today.

Abe Lincoln | Barack Obama | Federalists | Presidential Critics | The Daily Caller

President Barack Obama said yesterday in Decorah, Iowa, that he absorbs more political criticism than Abraham Lincoln, the assassinated 16th U.S. president, attracted from his Civil War critics.

The comment came during a question-and-answer session where one invited audience member asked Obama how he deals with his congressional critics in the GOP. “The Congress doesn’t seem to be a good partner. You said so yourself, they’re more interested in seeing you lose than [seeing] the country win,” the questioner lamented.

“Democracy is always a messy business in a big country like this,” Obama responded. “When you listen to what the federalists said about the anti-federalists … those guys were tough. Lincoln, they used to talk about him almost as bad as they talk about me.”

The comparison “is hysterical … that is really laughable in many respects,” said Alvin Felzenberg, the author of a book on American presidents. “You couldn’t print things today they said about Lincoln.” Felzenberg teaches at the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and was the chief spokesman for the 9/11 Commission...

You just can't look or sound more weak and pathetic then Barrack Obama. He has shown himself to be the most ego centric president ever~

I've been to the Lincoln Museum in Springfield. The cartoons drawn and articles written were unbelievable: Like nothing you'd see today.

yep. Could spend a good 4 hours there. Then go to the 'village,' another hour or so. The cemetery, really it could easily be an over night.

yep. Could spend a good 4 hours there. Then go to the 'village,' another hour or so. The cemetery, really it could easily be an over night.

Yeah. I stopped there on my home from St. Louis. I think we were there about four hours. I definitely want to go back for the rest. I learned so much.

The man has hubris to the highest degree. Is it an wonder why he is an absolute failure as a leader?

Obama faces off with the Tea Party. Lincoln faced off with the Confederacy.

Which adversary is the greater dynamo?

Mr. Obama, I got some news for you, you have 90% of the press on your side. Go walk a mile in G.W. Bush's shoes, and you might just have something to whine about.

He claimed Words, pictures and comments were worse for him then Lincoln, what part of " you can not say the things they said back then" escapes you?

Further Lincoln eventually was KILLED by a Confederate sympathizer. Go ahead now and claim anyone will kill Obama.

He claimed Words, pictures and comments were worse for him then Lincoln, what part of " you can not say the things they said back then" escapes you?

Further Lincoln eventually was KILLED by a Confederate sympathizer. Go ahead now and claim anyone will kill Obama.

Did you take that as serious? :lol:

Not knowing which side of the Fence you are on? Yes. have you read what our elected Officials have said about the Tea Party? They have called them murderers, terrorists, suicide Bombers, Nazis. SO yes I would expect such pap from a left winger, maybe next time but a smiley there if you mean it in jest.

Not knowing which side of the Fence you are on? Yes. have you read what our elected Officials have said about the Tea Party? They have called them murderers, terrorists, suicide Bombers, Nazis. SO yes I would expect such pap from a left winger, maybe next time but a smiley there if you mean it in jest.

What does it matter what side of the fence I sit on? Either way it was a hyperbole that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Last edited:

What does it matter what side of the fence I sit on? Either way it was a hyperbolic comparison that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Once again if you were a left winger you could easily have MEANT it. Or do I need to repeat they claim the Tea party are suicide bombers and terrorists? Claiming they were as much a threat as the Confederacy is no stretch from there. In fact I am surprised they haven't done so. I guess in a way they have as they also call them treasonous.

What does it matter what side of the fence I sit on? Either way it was a hyperbolic comparison that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

Once again if you were a left winger you could easily have MEANT it. Or do I need to repeat they claim the Tea party are suicide bombers and terrorists? Claiming they were as much a threat as the Confederacy is no stretch from there. In fact I am surprised they haven't done so. I guess in a way they have as they also call them treasonous.

I don't think people actually believe that the tea party are terrorists. It is used more in the figurative sense rather than literal sense.

Suicide bombers. That's a new one. Who called you this?

obama was serious. Now may his handlers get in there and say, 'For the love of god, don't be a doofus!'? Who knows.

The Left has compared Obama to Lincoln, FDR, JFK, and who knows what else.
The truth is he is comparable to Barack Obama. He is singular in his many failings of both character and policy. Jimmy Carter never whined like Obama, never blamed Nixon for all the problems he had.

The Left has compared Obama to Lincoln, FDR, JFK, and who knows what else.
The truth is he is comparable to Barack Obama. He is singular in his many failings of both character and policy. Jimmy Carter never whined like Obama, never blamed Nixon for all the problems he had.​
timemag.jpg

OBAMAFDR.jpg

LINCOLN_OBAMA.jpg

:cuckoo::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

He said people should put country over party.

Im here to tell him this countries only chance is:

If he puts country over his ideology.

LIAMD :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back