obama lifts ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to rebels

"Our intelligence agencies, I think, have a very good handle on who to support and who not to support," Corker said. "And there's going to be mistakes. We understand some people are going to get arms that should not be getting arms. But we still should be doing everything we can to support the free Syrian opposition."

Lovely....this will make the process of destroying WMDs so much easier. :eusa_whistle:

Irony: the former head of the KGB talks a Noble Peace Prize winner out of starting a war to help Al Qaeda

I'm sure Obama's boss is happy.

images

He was arming them before he announced he was lifting ban. Of course, he just does whatever he wants anyway and never lets a little thing called a constitution get in his way.

How is it in our best interest to arm al Qaeda, especially amidst new efforts to disarm Americans?

Last edited:
It's like Fast and Furious Mexico only on steroids. I guess arming drug cartels just got too tame.

So now we have Fast and Furious Syria. What could possibly go wrong?

The Examiner...LOLOLOLOL- HATER DUPES, he's arming OUR moderate rebels AS MUCH AS cia POSSIBLE, dingbats, and wasn't arming ANYONE before. Rich private citizens in Saudi etc are arming the jihadists- produced by Bush's crusader idiocy. Al qaeda is a hollow shell.

yOU ARE OUT OF YOUR TINY BRAINWASHED HATER DUPE MINDS...

It's like Fast and Furious Mexico only on steroids. I guess arming drug cartels just got too tame.

So now we have Fast and Furious Syria. What could possibly go wrong?

We'll have Americans and our allies killed with those weapons, then Obama will blame it on Bush.

As usual, the ignorant libtard Dumbocrats on USMB screamed "conservative conspiracy". Well, here is yet another FACT (in the endless ocean of facts proving Obama's criminal activities) and it's one that is pretty damning. Why would Obama over turn a law that forbids arming terrorists and America's enemies unless he is arming terrorists and America's enemies?

President Obama waived a provision of federal law designed to prevent the supply of arms to terrorist groups to clear the way for the U.S. to provide military assistance to "vetted" opposition groups fighting Syrian dictator Bashar Assad.

Some elements of the Syrian opposition are associated with radical Islamic terrorist groups, including al Qaeda, which was responsible for the Sept. 11 attacks in New York, Washington, D.C., and Shanksville, Pa., in 2001. Assad's regime is backed by Iran and Hezbollah.

The president, citing his authority under the Arms Export Control Act, announced today that he would "waive the prohibitions in sections 40 and 40A of the AECA related to such a transaction."

UPDATED: Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition | WashingtonExaminer.com

The Examiner...LOLOLOLOL- HATER DUPES, he's arming OUR moderate rebels AS MUCH AS cia POSSIBLE, dingbats, and wasn't arming ANYONE before. Rich private citizens in Saudi etc are arming the jihadists- produced by Bush's crusader idiocy. Al qaeda is a hollow shell.

yOU ARE OUT OF YOUR TINY BRAINWASHED HATER DUPE MINDS...

They are not OUR rebels, dipwad. They already stated they are al Qaeda. There is nothing moderate about them. I suppose you're one who thinks that al Qaeda, The Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas are all our friends. Maybe they are Obama's friends, but they are not friends of Americans.

Obama waives ban on arming terrorists to allow aid to Syrian opposition | WashingtonExaminer.com

The law allows the president to waive those prohibitions if he "determines that the transaction is essential to the national security interests of the United States."

this will go unnoticed by the low information voter... so what the heck tuesday is soylent green day

WTF--you think we would have learned that mistake from another terrorist Osama Bin Laden--who we armed to fight off the Russians in Afghanistan--only to see him attack the United States later.

I guess when it comes to Federal Government foreign policy--THEY NEVER LEARN--NOR DO THEY EVER CHANGE.

Forum List

Back