Obama lies continue to pile up

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
In this day and age of video, it amazes me that the left is so blatant with their lies. It also amazes me that, in the face of indisputable evidence in the form of video, the idiot liberal dumbocrats will still try to defend, twist, spin, and cover up the lies. Can't wait to see all of the stupid bullshit from them on this one...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3yTAx-BrA8&sns=em]Time for Presidential Leadership on Entitlements - YouTube[/ame]

It's great and all that you're posting something like this.
BUT, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here (Liberal's Advocate?).

You act like liberals are the only liars, ever. You're not taking into account that all politicians, at their core, are petty liars and thieves only out for themselves and their party, and that they will say anything and screw over whomever they want just to get their way.

So to me this isn't surprising. It's just another example of a government that's been morbidly corrupt since Eisenhower.

He passed Medicare reform in his first term.

See what I mean folks?

For the record Mr. Greenbeard, he didn't "reform" Medicare, he exponentially expanded entitlements with Obamacare, which actually steals money from Medicare because it is so expensive, and he needed to hide the true cost from the American people.

How can you talk about "reforming entitlements" and then spend your first term shoving Obamacare down the throats of the American people, against their will?

For the record Mr. Greenbeard, he didn't "reform" Medicare

Yes, he did. He implemented a slate of reforms that the independent group of experts who advise Congress on Medicare have been pressing for a decade now.

His reforms (1) shift the way Medicare pays for services away from encouraging high-volume, low (or mediocre) value service provision, and (2) promote and assist health care providers in delivering better care more efficiently and less expensively, while holding them accountable for quality outcomes.

Obama's reforms tackle the biggest cost drivers, not just in Medicare but in the entire health system: the inflationary payment mechanisms and flawed delivery systems that have plagued the health system for decades. He institutes savings but also provides the tools needed for long-term structural reforms for getting costs under control in Medicare (and beyond). Some of the pieces of his Medicare reforms:

Surprise!

Slower Growth in Medicare Spending — Is This the New Normal? | NEJM
For many years, policymakers have appropriately singled out federal spending on health care — especially Medicare — as the most serious long-term threat to the nation's fiscal health. Over the past four decades, the average growth in Medicare spending per enrollee has exceeded the growth in per capita gross domestic product by 2.6 percentage points per year. This trend is unsustainable: if it continued, Medicare would consume all federal revenues by 2060.

But there are indications that Medicare spending growth has slowed. One highly visible gauge of Medicare spending trends is the standard monthly Part B premium, which is set by the Medicare actuary to cover one quarter of total Part B spending. In August 2011, the actuary projected that the Part B premium for 2012 would be $106.60, but the actual premium was set in November at only $99.90. A much broader indicator of a slowing trend is the fact that growth in Medicare outlays per enrollee in 2010 and 2011 was roughly in line with growth in the economy (see graph). And in January 2012, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) made a $69 billion downward revision to its 10-year Medicare spending projection — a technical correction that reflects emerging data showing surprisingly slow growth in outlays. Similar slowing trends have led to positive earnings surprises for publicly traded insurers.
In site visits and interviews conducted for our ongoing qualitative research, the Center for Studying Health System Change found strong provider interest in payment reform and efforts to prepare for it, with the prospect of increasing constraint on Medicare payment rates cited as motivation. We see a combination of reformed delivery of care and broader units of payment as having the potential to allow providers to generate savings through steps that are less threatening to quality of care and access than are cuts in payment rates.

Medicare spending in surprising slowdown | UPI.com
U.S. Medicare spending growth has slowed even as enrollment rises, and could remain below targets set by Congress for the next 10 years, experts said.

Medicare recorded a sharp drop in the volume of doctor visits and other outpatient services early in 2010, from an annual growth rate of 4 percent growth to less than 2 percent.

"We thought, 'Wow, what's happening?'" chief Medicare actuary Rick Foster told The Washington Post in an interview. "Part B cost growth has slowed down so much, we're seeing virtually the lowest rates ever."

Washington Stuck Fighting Wrong Health-Care Battle | Bloomberg
This brings us back to the progress being made beyond the Beltway toward a better combination of cost and quality in health care. Consistent with other evidence that points to a deceleration in cost pressures is a Congressional Budget Office report earlier this month showing that Medicare spending has risen less than 3 percent over the past year.

Bending The Health Care Cost Curve: More Than Meets The Eye? | Health Affairs Blog
During the past months, a number of important articles have appeared in the healthcare literature on the subject of the recent slowing of health-spending growth in the U.S. In an article in January’s Health Affairs, economists at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services suggest that the recession, even though officially ending in mid-2009, was the major factor in “extraordinarily slow” spending growth of 4.7 percent in 2008 and 3.9 percent in 2010, down from 7.5 percent in 2007 and double-digit growth in the 1980s and 1990s. Also citing recessionary causes, a report from the McKinsey Center for U.S. Health System Reform specifies declines in the rate of overall spending growth for eight consecutive years, from 9.2 percent in 2002 to 4.0 percent in 2009.

The purpose of this commentary is to suggest—through observations and data analyses—that independent of the recession, other fundamental and structural changes are likely contributing to the flattening of the cost curve, and further, that these changes have the potential to significantly alter the curve’s path into the future. Two independent analyses support this premise.

CBO Says Medicare Spending Growth Slower Than Expected | Kaiser Health News

But the report also noted that for the third year in a row, CBO expects the growth in Medicare spending in 2012 to be “substantially slower” than anticipated earlier in the year.

CBO Director Doug Elmendorf said at a press conference that the slower growth in Medicare is consistent with slower health care cost growth throughout the economy, which many analysts have observed. But he said it’s still unclear why the slowdown is happening.

Note the almost absurdly low growth in Standard and Poor's Medicare index over the past few years:
SPHealthcare_September_2012_Chart.png

Last edited:

Yes, he did. He implemented a slate of reforms that the independent group of experts who advise Congress on Medicare have been pressing for a decade now.

His reforms (1) shift the way Medicare pays for services away from encouraging high-volume, low (or mediocre) value service provision, and (2) promote and assist health care providers in delivering better care more efficiently and less expensively, while holding them accountable for quality outcomes.

Obama's reforms tackle the biggest cost drivers, not just in Medicare but in the entire health system: the inflationary payment mechanisms and flawed delivery systems that have plagued the health system for decades. He institutes savings but also provides the tools needed for long-term structural reforms for getting costs under control in Medicare (and beyond). Some of the pieces of his Medicare reforms:

Dammit, GB, you can't use logic and reason on Poodle, he's impervious!

Dammit, GB, you can't use logic and reason on Poodle, he's impervious!

Poodle.. :D

I've seen how Medicare cares for the elderly, I'd rather be dead.

I've seen how Medicare cares for the elderly, I'd rather be dead.

Yet satisfaction with Medicare is higher than it is with private insurance.

Medicare Beats Private Plans for Patient Satisfaction: Survey - Yahoo! News

Although only 8 percent of people with Medicare rated their insurance as fair or poor, 20 percent of adults covered by an employer-sponsored plan and 33 percent of those who purchase their own insurance reported dissatisfaction with their coverage.

In 2010, the study found, 23 percent of Medicare beneficiaries were unable to afford the care they needed. The same was true for 37 percent of those who received insurance through their jobs.

People with individual or employer-sponsored health plans were much more likely to have high out-of-pocket expenses, the researchers said. Although 29 percent of older adults on Medicare reported spending 10 percent or more of their income on medical costs, 37 percent of those with employer-based insurance and 58 percent with individual insurance did the same.

Some of obama's lies:

Obama- “For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs.”

Obama- “Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law.”

Obama- “I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. … We’ve got about 60 percent done in three years.”

“In the Works” does not equal “done”

Obama Admin.- Under President Barack Obama, the United States has “doubled our exports.”

Obama- Under the White House’s budget proposal, “we will not be adding more to the national debt” by the middle of the decade.

Obama- Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected “the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional.”

Obama- “I didn’t raise taxes once.”

Obama- The Bush administration had been “giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return.”

Obama- “The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.”

Obama- “We’ve excluded lobbyists from policymaking jobs.”

Obama- Insurers delayed an Illinois man’s treatment, “and he died because of it.”

Obama- Health reform will “give every American the same opportunity” to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do.

Obama- "I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter."

Obama- "I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins."

Obama- "Over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of" President George W. Bush’s policies and the recession.

Obama- "Fast and Furious" began under the Bush administration.

Obama- "If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it "would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."

Obama- "I will walk on that picket line with you, if workers are denied the right to bargain."

Obama- "I’ve done more for Israel’s security than any President ever"

Obama Admin- Obama met highly qualified out of work teacher Robert Baroz
He wasn’t out of work and Obama never met him.

Obama Admin- GOP Responsible for Obama Jobs Bill Not Passing

Obama- "I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven’t resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it."

Obama- "Rich doesn’t pay their fair share."

Obama- "Mitt Romney would deny gay people the right to adopt children."

More to come.

Last edited:
Some of obama's lies:

Obama- “For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs.”

Obama- “Thirty million Americans, including a lot of people in Florida, are going to be able to get healthcare next year because of that law.”

Obama- “I made a bunch of these promises during the campaign. … We’ve got about 60 percent done in three years.”

Obama Admin.- Under President Barack Obama, the United States has “doubled our exports.”

Obama- Under the White House’s budget proposal, “we will not be adding more to the national debt” by the middle of the decade.

Obama- Twelve judges have thrown out legal challenges to the health care law because they rejected “the notion that the health care law was unconstitutional.”

Obama- The Bush administration had been “giving (auto companies) billions of dollars and just asking nothing in return.”

Obama- “The vast majority of the money I got was from small donors all across the country.”

Obama- Insurers delayed an Illinois man’s treatment, “and he died because of it.”

Obama- Health reform will “give every American the same opportunity” to buy health insurance the way members of Congress do.

Obama- "I have never said that I don't wear flag pins or refuse to wear flag pins."

Obama- "Over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of" President George W. Bush’s policies and the recession.

Obama- "If the Supreme Court throws out the federal health care law, it "would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress."

More to come.
LINK?

i found the source link but YOU need to post it in your post!

Some of obama's lies:

More to come.
LINK?

i found the source link but YOU need to post it in your post!

It's from multiple sources and is easy to find.

New Topics

Forum List

Back