Obama lies (again) while accusing Romney of lying.

Bigfoot

NRA
Jul 20, 2011
Mr. Obama this week, for the first time, entered the fray. Campaigning on Tuesday on college campuses in Iowa and Colorado, he told thousands of supporters not to believe the opposition’s attacks because, “how do I put this nicely? They will just fib.” On Wednesday in Charlottesville, Va., he ramped up his complaint, winning applause from the estimated 6,500 people.

“Sometimes they just make things up. But they’ve got a bunch of folks who can write $10 million checks, and they’ll just keep on running them,” he said. “I mean, somebody was challenging one of their ads — they made it up — about work and welfare. And every outlet said this is just not true. And they were asked about it and they said — one of their campaign people said, ‘We won’t have the fact-checkers dictate our campaign. We will not let the truth get in the way.’”

Mr. Obama was referring, as many other critics of the Romney campaign have, to a comment that its pollster, Neil Newhouse, made to reporters at the Republican convention on Tuesday, dismissive of those faulting the campaign’s television ads. What Mr. Newhouse actually said was, “These fact-checkers come to those ads with their own sets of thoughts and beliefs. We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

Mr. Newhouse did not say, “We will not let the truth get in the way.”

Emphasis added. According to the New York Times, the president appears to be lying in the process of accusing the Romney campaign of lying. It will be interesting to see if media fact checkers attempt to spin this statement.

Obama Lies While Accusing the Romney Campaign of Lying | The Weekly Standard
-------------------------------------------

This is just more of the same that we have just about all become accustomed to since Obama began campaigning for the presidency. I imagine this time around many more people have become wise to his flat-out deceptive ways and words.

Mr. Obama this week, for the first time, entered the fray. Campaigning on Tuesday on college campuses in Iowa and Colorado, he told thousands of supporters not to believe the opposition’s attacks because, “how do I put this nicely? They will just fib.” On Wednesday in Charlottesville, Va., he ramped up his complaint, winning applause from the estimated 6,500 people.

“Sometimes they just make things up. But they’ve got a bunch of folks who can write $10 million checks, and they’ll just keep on running them,” he said. “I mean, somebody was challenging one of their ads — they made it up — about work and welfare. And every outlet said this is just not true. And they were asked about it and they said — one of their campaign people said, ‘We won’t have the fact-checkers dictate our campaign. We will not let the truth get in the way.’”

Mr. Obama was referring, as many other critics of the Romney campaign have, to a comment that its pollster, Neil Newhouse, made to reporters at the Republican convention on Tuesday, dismissive of those faulting the campaign’s television ads. What Mr. Newhouse actually said was, “These fact-checkers come to those ads with their own sets of thoughts and beliefs. We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by fact-checkers.”

Mr. Newhouse did not say, “We will not let the truth get in the way.”

Emphasis added. According to the New York Times, the president appears to be lying in the process of accusing the Romney campaign of lying. It will be interesting to see if media fact checkers attempt to spin this statement.

Obama Lies While Accusing the Romney Campaign of Lying | The Weekly Standard
-------------------------------------------

This is just more of the same that we have just about all become accustomed to since Obama began campaigning for the presidency. I imagine this time around many more people have become wise to his flat-out deceptive ways and words.

When was the last time Obama Spoke before a crowd that was no made up of College Students, or Union Workers? Is he our president, or only the President of College students and Union workers?

Forum List

Back