Obama Lies About Romney's Abortion Views

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Once again, President Obama is taking Governor Mitt Romney out of context. In a 2007 CNN Republican presidential debate the panel was asked, “If hypothetically Roe v Wade was overturned, and the Congress passed a federal ban on all abortion, and it came to your desk, would you sign it? Yes or no?”

Key word: hypothetically.

Governor Romney’s answer: “Let me say it. I’d be delighted to sign that bill. But that’s not where we are. That’s not where America is today. Where America is is ready to overturn Roe v. Wade and return to the states that authority. But if the Congress got there, we had that kind of consensus in the country, terrific.”

That doesn’t mean he supports banning all abortions, it means Romney wants to return it to the states. But we all know President Obama doesn’t like the Constitution so it shouldn’t surprise anyone he wouldn’t catch on that Governor Romney was talking about the 10th amendment.

President Obama didn’t do any research or he would have seen Governor Romney’s June 18, 2011 piece in National Review. The very first sentence contradicts President Obama’s claim.

“I am pro-life and believe that abortion should be limited to only instances of rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother.”

He’s been pro-choice and pro-life. But he has always personally supported abortion rights when it comes to rape, incest, or saving the life of a mother.

President Obama’s campaign ends as it begins: with lies.

From Obama Lies About Romney's Abortion Views

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

“If hypothetically Roe v Wade was overturned, and the Congress passed a federal ban on all abortion, and it came to your desk, would you sign it? Yes or no?”

Governor Romney’s answer: “Let me say it. I’d be delighted to sign that bill.

It seems pretty obvious

Longknife, posting entire articles is copyright violation, a big no-no. This is just one example of you doing it over and over. You're a habitual brazen offender, so I reported it.

Not adding anything or participating in the subsequent thread makes it borderline spamming. This is a discussion forum, not a "Longknife regurgitates his mailing list" forum.

obama lies about everything. When was the last time obama told the truth? It sure wasn't when he promised help for Sandy victims.

So Romney would support federal legislation to ban all abortions, but that means he wants it decided at the state level?

Longknife, posting entire articles is copyright violation, a big no-no. This is just one example of you doing it over and over. You're a habitual brazen offender, so I reported it.

Not adding anything or participating in the subsequent thread makes it borderline spamming. This is a discussion forum, not a "Longknife regurgitates his mailing list" forum.

Sorry 'bout that. Will be more careful.

Do these factual posts about Obozo's opponents bother you so much? Does the truth hurt?

If so - gee whiz - maybe that's exactly why I post them. :cool:

I'd describe his views on abortion as.....'problematic'.....:lol:

you 'd need one of these to keep track;

pic526409_md.jpg

Governor Romney has clearly stated from the very beginning of his political career that he believes in the doctrine of his church that life begins at conception and that terminating that life by human beings is a violation of the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill."

What he DOES support is the idea that it is NOT the government's place to support someone's right to abort a human being. He opposed federal funding for abortion.

However, as governor, he was faced with the challenger of letting his personal, religious beliefs interfere with his duties and responsibilities of the position he took an oat the uphold when elected. This has been his position in his political life, something he will carry to the White House.

While he can advise his fellow Mormons not to seek an abortion, he WILL NOT DO SO to those outside of it.

“If hypothetically Roe v Wade was overturned, and the Congress passed a federal ban on all abortion, and it came to your desk, would you sign it? Yes or no?”

Governor Romney’s answer: “Let me say it. I’d be delighted to sign that bill.

It seems pretty obvious

Overturning Roe vs. Wade would effectively ban most abortions. And the Blunt/Ryan amendment would give personhood to fetuses.

There's no lie.

Forum List

Back