Obama lied about his health care

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
Complete final debate transcript: John McCain and Barack Obama | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

OBAMA: I just described what my plan is. And I'm happy to talk to you, Joe, too, if you're out there. Here's your fine -- zero. You won't pay a fine, because...

MCCAIN: Zero?

OBAMA: Zero, because as I said in our last debate and I'll repeat, John, I exempt small businesses from the requirement for large businesses that can afford to provide health care to their employees, but are not doing it.

I exempt small businesses from having to pay into a kitty. But large businesses that can afford it, we've got a choice. Either they provide health insurance to their employees or somebody has to.

Right now, what happens is those employees get dumped into either the Medicaid system, which taxpayers pick up, or they're going to the emergency room for uncompensated care, which everybody picks up in their premiums.

The average family is paying an additional $900 a year in higher premiums because of the uninsured.

So here's what we do. We exempt small businesses. In fact, what, Joe, if you want to do the right thing with your employees and you want to provide them health insurance, we'll give you a 50 percent credit so that you will actually be able to afford it.
If you don't have health insurance or you want to buy into a group plan, you will be able to buy into the plan that I just described.

Now, what we haven't talked about is Senator McCain's plan. He says he's going to give you all a $5,000 tax credit. That sounds pretty good. And you can go out and buy your own insurance.

Here's the problem -- that for about 20 million people, you may find yourselves no longer having employer-based health insurance. This is because younger people might be able to get health insurance for $5,000, young and healthy folks.

Older folks, let's healthy folks, what's going to end up happening is that you're going to be the only ones left in your employer-based system, your employers won't be able to afford it.

And once you're out on your own with this $5,000 credit, Senator McCain, for the first time, is going to be taxing the health care benefits that you have from your employer.

And this is your plan, John. For the first time in history, you will be taxing people's health care benefits.
By the way, the average policy costs about $12,000. So if you've got $5,000 and it's going to cost you $12,000, that's a loss for you.

Last point about Senator McCain's plan is that insurers right now, the main restrictions on what they do is primarily state law and, under Senator McCain's plan, those rules would be stripped away and you would start seeing a lot more insurance companies cherry-picking and excluding people from coverage.

That, I think, is a mistake and I think that this is a fundamental difference in our campaign and how we would approach health care.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/01/09/us/politics/AP-US-Obama-Health-Care.html

Obama had several meetings with Democratic lawmakers at the White House this week to help resolve those differences. In one instance, he signaled to House Democratic leaders that they must drop their opposition to taxing high-end insurance plans to pay to extend coverage to millions of uninsured people. The tax, which is in the Senate bill, is largely opposed by House Democrats and organized labor.

Saturday's report cited this tax on ''Cadillac'' health plans, as well as reductions in annual increases to Medicare providers, as having potential to hold down costs. But the authors were skeptical that Congress could stand the political fallout, noting that the Medicare cuts ''may be unrealistic.''

At the same time, the proposed 40 percent excise tax on high-cost health plans would hit more and more people over time, virtually guaranteeing lawmakers would feel pressure to ease the tax.

Obama :eusa_liar:

He lied about public financing
He supported an ad that lied about McCains immigration semtiments
He lied about lobbyists
He lied about bi partisanship
He lied about reading bills
He lied about bills being posted for 5 days
He lied about his relationship with ayers
He lied about cutting spending.

SO this lie suprises you?

Actually good point. No.

Imagine if this has been a republican who did this?

If Obama opens his mouth to speak, he is most likely either flat out lying or simply telling a half-truth. He speaks with "forked tongue".

He lied about public financing
He supported an ad that lied about McCains immigration semtiments
He lied about lobbyists
He lied about bi partisanship
He lied about reading bills
He lied about bills being posted for 5 days
He lied about his relationship with ayers
He lied about cutting spending.

SO this lie suprises you?

Blah blah blah blah blah... There are experts that track the real meaty issues, not those that particularly stick in one person's craw, or that a group of fanatics will chew on like rabid dogs with a bone.

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Tracking Barack Obama's Campaign Promises

Forum List

Back