Obama LIE: "if you like..well Obamacare caused 50% increase in health premiums..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Dec 17, 2011.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    According to Kaiser’s and HRET’s analysis of employer-based health plans, ObamaCare could be responsible for as much as 50 percent of the premium hike.
    Altman initially denied that the healthcare reform law contributed to the increase, but later conceded that the law probably accounted for one to two percentage points of the nine-percent increase this year.

Kaiser and HRET reported in their analysis that health insurance premiums have been steadily rising at a rate of five percent each year,
    but this year jumped to eight percent for single coverage and nine percent for family coverage.

Many analysts suggest that the section in the law that allows individuals up to age 26 to add themselves to their parents’ health plans, a key provision of ObamaCare, could be a prime suspect for rising insurance premiums:

ObamaCare Causes Health Insurance Premiums to Rise

REMEMBER Obama TOLD US ALL!!!
    In June 2009, Obama said. "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period.
    No one will take it away, no matter what."

Plan to keep your health plan? Don't count on it | Washington Examiner

2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,279
    My healthcare premiums have been stable the last two years and I have been able to put my 24 yr old son back on my policy

Thanks Obamacare!

3. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    So why did those "EVIL insurance companies" raise their premiums???

1) They now had to cover millions of relatively healthy young people.. BUT that doesn't come without a COST!

2) You all critics ONLY see what the biased MSM present but unlike most of you I KNOW and don't give me that crap about Wendell Potter former head of corporate communications for health-insurance giant Cigna,"
    Read more: Wendell Potter: Health-Care Exec Turns Whistle-Blower - TIME
    GEEZ.. he had NO idea of how actuarial complexities work much less the financial components!
    NOT ONE word from Potter regarding $600 billion in defensive medicine!
    NOT ONE word from Potter regarding
    1) 9 million people who SAID with out insurance covered by Medicaid!
    2) 5.4 million KIDS already eligible just need to register.. falsely counted as uninsured
    3) 9 million NON-Citizens that are counted as uninsured!
    Right there 23.4 million COUNTED FaLSELY as Uninsured that was part of the bogus number of 50 million "uninsured"!
    WELL GUESS WHAT you supporters of Obamacare..
    THERE NOW Are becoming truly 50 million "uninsured" because OF Obamacare !

4. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841
    Who is your insurance company because I guarantee that one of several events occurred:
    1) They are absorbing this costs from somewhere else OR
    2) YOUR deductibles have increased ..i.e. for example before your 24 yr a copay might have been $10.. now after your coverage requires $20!
    3) WHAT THE HELL is your 24 year old son still living with you?
    If a student most likely has student health coverage!
    If 24 years OLD probably didn't need any health services BUT NOW
    JUST wait.. NOW covered by YOUR insurance.. Premiums WILL rise
    cause your son will go for any reason.. after all "its covered by insurance"!

Honestly I certainly wouldn't BRAG about a son who lives at home, still has to be covered under parents policy!

I and MY son were both working at age 24.. I was going to college had student health worked 2 jobs while carrying full load AT 24!
    AND YOUR son lives at home, get's free food and board/ and covered!

Absolutely disgusting! I really pity your son for having such a uncompassionate, unfeeling parent who WANTS to be in such control of their son's life they won't even let the son make a health care decision!

XXXXXXX-no family attack

Consider this.. IF your parents had raised you like you apparently are raising your son..i.e. being totally dependent on his parents for food,shelter,insurance.. well maybe that's it ... YOUR parents raised you like you are raising your son.. are you STILL living with YOUR Parents???

5. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,279
    30 million Americans will be able to get affordable insurance
    Insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage to those with pre existing conditions
    People who work for small businesses will be able to get low cost coverage

Republicans say"Let them die".........I say "Thanks Obamacare"

6. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,656
    A perfect example of how CON$ lie! :eusa_liar:

The CON$ervative lie starts out as a 50% increase in premiums. :eusa_liar: Then we see it is 50% of the 9% premium hike which would be 4.5%. :eusa_liar: Then we see it was only 1% to 2% of the 9% premium hike, not 50% of the premium hike.

So to recap, a 1% to 2% premium hike due to Obamacare was exaggerated into a 50% premium hike, which is why no honest person ever believes anything a CON$ervative ever claims!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,841

A) STATEMENT:ObamaCare could be responsible for as much as 50 percent of the premium hike." KEY words in the vein of what "is ..'is'"
    ... 1) "could be".. NOT WAS !!
    2) "AS MUCH as" NOT WAS 50% but that means 20%!.. 30% as much as 50%!!! Do you get it??

B) actual math.. which I'll go real slow..
    First did you READ the article?? NO??? I thought not!

The average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance in 2011 are $5,429 for single coverage and $15,073 for family coverage. Compared to 2010, premiums for single coverage are 8% higher and premiums for family coverage are 9% higher.
    The 9% growth rate in family premiums for 2011 is significantly higher than the 3% growth rate in 2010.

NOTE if you read the article..
    THE GROWTH Rate was 3% in 2010!
    The growth Rate was 9% in 2011!
    9% (2011) divided by 3%(2010) is WHAT children?? 300%!!!
    NOW when you subtract what the writer SAID verbatim..
    So IF the premium increase was 3% in 2010..
    AND THE premium increase was 9% in 2011..
    Subtract 3% from 9% you get ...again children... 6% growth due to:
    ONLY ONE thing CHANGEd: Obamacare!

If you increase anything by 50% that means for example children..
    Start with 2 and 50% of 2 is what?? 1!
    Add 1 to 2 becomes 3! Right.
    So in this case if you increase 3% by 6% or double .. it now becomes what children??? 9%!!!

8. edthecynic

edthecynic Censored for Cynicism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,656
    Again we see the patented CON$ervative Dumb Act when caught lying. :asshole:
    Thank you.

9. Sirkarl101

Sirkarl101 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Kaiser, you are fucking kidding me. Those assholes. Kaiser and The Dick Nixon started the fucking whole mess.

10. Greenbeard

Greenbeard Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,322
    Your title should, of course, read "well Obamacare caused 1% increase in health premiums."