Obama LIE: "if you like..well Obamacare caused 50% increase in health premiums..

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
According to Kaiser’s and HRET’s analysis of employer-based health plans, ObamaCare could be responsible for as much as 50 percent of the premium hike.
Altman initially denied that the healthcare reform law contributed to the increase, but later conceded that the law probably accounted for one to two percentage points of the nine-percent increase this year.

Kaiser and HRET reported in their analysis that health insurance premiums have been steadily rising at a rate of five percent each year,
but this year jumped to eight percent for single coverage and nine percent for family coverage.

Many analysts suggest that the section in the law that allows individuals up to age 26 to add themselves to their parents’ health plans, a key provision of ObamaCare, could be a prime suspect for rising insurance premiums:

ObamaCare Causes Health Insurance Premiums to Rise

REMEMBER Obama TOLD US ALL!!!
In June 2009, Obama said. "If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period.
No one will take it away, no matter what."

Plan to keep your health plan? Don't count on it | Washington Examiner

My healthcare premiums have been stable the last two years and I have been able to put my 24 yr old son back on my policy

Thanks Obamacare!

So why did those "EVIL insurance companies" raise their premiums???

1) They now had to cover millions of relatively healthy young people.. BUT that doesn't come without a COST!

2) You all critics ONLY see what the biased MSM present but unlike most of you I KNOW and don't give me that crap about Wendell Potter former head of corporate communications for health-insurance giant Cigna,"
Read more: Wendell Potter: Health-Care Exec Turns Whistle-Blower - TIME
GEEZ.. he had NO idea of how actuarial complexities work much less the financial components!
NOT ONE word from Potter regarding $600 billion in defensive medicine!
NOT ONE word from Potter regarding
1) 9 million people who SAID with out insurance covered by Medicaid!
2) 5.4 million KIDS already eligible just need to register.. falsely counted as uninsured
3) 9 million NON-Citizens that are counted as uninsured!
Right there 23.4 million COUNTED FaLSELY as Uninsured that was part of the bogus number of 50 million "uninsured"!
WELL GUESS WHAT you supporters of Obamacare..
THERE NOW Are becoming truly 50 million "uninsured" because OF Obamacare !

My healthcare premiums have been stable the last two years and I have been able to put my 24 yr old son back on my policy

Thanks Obamacare!

Who is your insurance company because I guarantee that one of several events occurred:
1) They are absorbing this costs from somewhere else OR
2) YOUR deductibles have increased ..i.e. for example before your 24 yr a copay might have been $10.. now after your coverage requires $20!
3) WHAT THE HELL is your 24 year old son still living with you?
If a student most likely has student health coverage!
If 24 years OLD probably didn't need any health services BUT NOW
JUST wait.. NOW covered by YOUR insurance.. Premiums WILL rise
cause your son will go for any reason.. after all "its covered by insurance"!

Honestly I certainly wouldn't BRAG about a son who lives at home, still has to be covered under parents policy!

I and MY son were both working at age 24.. I was going to college had student health worked 2 jobs while carrying full load AT 24!
AND YOUR son lives at home, get's free food and board/ and covered!

Absolutely disgusting! I really pity your son for having such a uncompassionate, unfeeling parent who WANTS to be in such control of their son's life they won't even let the son make a health care decision!

XXXXXXX-no family attack

Consider this.. IF your parents had raised you like you apparently are raising your son..i.e. being totally dependent on his parents for food,shelter,insurance.. well maybe that's it ... YOUR parents raised you like you are raising your son.. are you STILL living with YOUR Parents???

30 million Americans will be able to get affordable insurance
Insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage to those with pre existing conditions
People who work for small businesses will be able to get low cost coverage

Republicans say"Let them die".........I say "Thanks Obamacare"

Obama LIE: "if you like..well Obamacare caused 50% increase in health premiums..

According to Kaiser’s and HRET’s analysis of employer-based health plans, ObamaCare could be responsible for as much as 50 percent of the premium hike.
Altman initially denied that the healthcare reform law contributed to the increase, but later conceded that the law probably accounted for one to two percentage points of the nine-percent increase this year.

Kaiser and HRET reported in their analysis that health insurance premiums have been steadily rising at a rate of five percent each year,
but this year jumped to eight percent for single coverage and nine percent for family coverage.
A perfect example of how CON$ lie! :eusa_liar:

The CON$ervative lie starts out as a 50% increase in premiums. :eusa_liar: Then we see it is 50% of the 9% premium hike which would be 4.5%. :eusa_liar: Then we see it was only 1% to 2% of the 9% premium hike, not 50% of the premium hike.

So to recap, a 1% to 2% premium hike due to Obamacare was exaggerated into a 50% premium hike, which is why no honest person ever believes anything a CON$ervative ever claims!!!

The CON$ervative lie starts out as a 50% increase in premiums. :eusa_liar: Then we see it is 50% of the 9% premium hike which would be 4.5%. :eusa_liar: Then we see it was only 1% to 2% of the 9% premium hike, not 50% of the premium hike.

So to recap, a 1% to 2% premium hike due to Obamacare was exaggerated into a 50% premium hike, which is why no honest person ever believes anything a CON$ervative ever claims!!!

A) STATEMENT:ObamaCare could be responsible for as much as 50 percent of the premium hike." KEY words in the vein of what "is ..'is'"
... 1) "could be".. NOT WAS !!
2) "AS MUCH as" NOT WAS 50% but that means 20%!.. 30% as much as 50%!!! Do you get it??

B) actual math.. which I'll go real slow..
First did you READ the article?? NO??? I thought not!

The average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance in 2011 are $5,429 for single coverage and $15,073 for family coverage. Compared to 2010, premiums for single coverage are 8% higher and premiums for family coverage are 9% higher.
The 9% growth rate in family premiums for 2011 is significantly higher than the 3% growth rate in 2010.

NOTE if you read the article..
THE GROWTH Rate was 3% in 2010!
The growth Rate was 9% in 2011!
9% (2011) divided by 3%(2010) is WHAT children?? 300%!!!
NOW when you subtract what the writer SAID verbatim..
So IF the premium increase was 3% in 2010..
AND THE premium increase was 9% in 2011..
Subtract 3% from 9% you get ...again children... 6% growth due to:
ONLY ONE thing CHANGEd: Obamacare!

If you increase anything by 50% that means for example children..
Start with 2 and 50% of 2 is what?? 1!
Add 1 to 2 becomes 3! Right.
So in this case if you increase 3% by 6% or double .. it now becomes what children??? 9%!!!

A) STATEMENT:ObamaCare could be responsible for as much as 50 percent of the premium hike." KEY words in the vein of what "is ..'is'"
... 1) "could be".. NOT WAS !!
2) "AS MUCH as" NOT WAS 50% but that means 20%!.. 30% as much as 50%!!! Do you get it??

B) actual math.. which I'll go real slow..
First did you READ the article?? NO??? I thought not!

The average annual premiums for employer-sponsored health insurance in 2011 are $5,429 for single coverage and $15,073 for family coverage. Compared to 2010, premiums for single coverage are 8% higher and premiums for family coverage are 9% higher.
The 9% growth rate in family premiums for 2011 is significantly higher than the 3% growth rate in 2010.

NOTE if you read the article..
THE GROWTH Rate was 3% in 2010!
The growth Rate was 9% in 2011!
9% (2011) divided by 3%(2010) is WHAT children?? 300%!!!
NOW when you subtract what the writer SAID verbatim..
So IF the premium increase was 3% in 2010..
AND THE premium increase was 9% in 2011..
Subtract 3% from 9% you get ...again children... 6% growth due to:
ONLY ONE thing CHANGEd: Obamacare!

If you increase anything by 50% that means for example children..
Start with 2 and 50% of 2 is what?? 1!
Add 1 to 2 becomes 3! Right.
So in this case if you increase 3% by 6% or double .. it now becomes what children??? 9%!!!
Again we see the patented CON$ervative Dumb Act when caught lying. :asshole:
Thank you.

Kaiser, you are fucking kidding me. Those assholes. Kaiser and The Dick Nixon started the fucking whole mess.

well Obamacare caused 50% increase in health premiums..

The Article said:

Your title should, of course, read "well Obamacare caused 1% increase in health premiums."

So why did those "EVIL insurance companies" raise their premiums???

Because they could get away with it.

1) They now had to cover millions of relatively healthy young people.. BUT that doesn't come without a COST!

On the contrary, covering a relatively healthy person is almost all profit. Rarely does a healthy person need medical care. The costs come in with covering UNhealthy people.

I'm no fan of Obamacare -- we should have gotten a single-payer system, not this piece of shit -- but I'm even less a fan of deceptive, dishonest twits like you who distort the truth for propaganda purposes.

well Obamacare caused 50% increase in health premiums..

The Article said:

Your title should, of course, read "well Obamacare caused 1% increase in health premiums."

OK.. using YOUR statement Obamacare caused 1% increase in health premiums PROVES HE LIED!!!
Obama said :
If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor, period. If you like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan, period.

PERIOD?? KEEP what has cost employers and employees now OVER
$65 Billion more then BEFORE OBAMACARE!!!
Average per employee 2011 $5,429 X 150 million equals $814.35 Billion!
Average per employee 2010 4,994 X 150 million equals $749.20 Billioin
An INCREASE in HEALTHCARE Premium Costs of $65 billion!

THAT was NOT to happen!!!!
I.e. " like your health care plan, you'll be able to keep your health care plan"
Well they ARE NOT liking the FACT it is costing them $65 billion MORE!

AND if you Obamatrons READ further the article:

"To cope with rising premiums, many employers are moving their workers to less comprehensive plans that have higher out-of-pocket costs (higher co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles).
As a result, 31 percent of insured employees this year have at least a $1,000 deductible, up from 27 percent last year."

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE MATH OF HEALTH INSURANCE?
YOU CAN'T DO WHAT OBAMACARE GLOWINGLY PROMISED WITHOUT IT COSTING A LOT MORE THEN OBAMACARE PROJECTED!

$65 BILLION INCREASE IS HUGE!

"To cope with rising premiums, many employers are moving their workers to less comprehensive plans that have higher out-of-pocket costs (higher co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles).
As a result, 31 percent of insured employees this year have at least a $1,000 deductible, up from 27 percent last year."

Higher deductibles? The right will be delighted.

Remember YOU are one of the Obama supporters who don't really comprehend BIG numbers because YOU NEVER nor as any Obama Supporter admitted this is a BIG whopper!

Obama said I quote directly!!
"And if we are able to slow the growth of health care costs by just one-tenth of 1 percent each year -- one-tenth of 1 percent --
it will actually reduce the deficit by $4 trillion over the long term."

DO YOU comprehend how totally STUPID you, Obama and others that support Obamacare are regarding BIG numbers and accuracy of words?

First he said and you moronically parrot this:
"reduce the deficit"

REDUCE THE DEFICIT???? HOW?
THE DEFICIT IS WHAT THE US TREASURY RECEIVES VERSUS WHAT IS PAID OUT AND THAT RIGHT NOW IS A "DEFICIT"!
To pay out more then comes in means the USA BORROWS and creates what children..
"NATIONAL DEBT"!!! Which is what Obama should have said.
BUT it gets worse!!!

The moron says.."And if we are able to slow the growth of health care costs by just one-tenth of 1 percent each year it will actually reduce the deficit by $4 trillion over the long term."[/B
OPerative words "long term"...
DEFINITELY a LONG TERM.. how about 1,600 years????
Currently health care costs are $2.5 trillion a year. 1/10th of 1% of $2.5 trillion is
wait children... $2.5 Billion yes a big number children!!!
BUT when you divide $4 trillion by $2.5 billion equals 1,600 years!

So this IDIOT says "1,600 years .. 'long term"!!!
MY God.. what a fool when it comes to common sense!

Remember YOU are one of the Obama supporters who don't really comprehend BIG numbers because YOU NEVER nor as any Obama Supporter admitted this is a BIG whopper!

Obama said I quote directly!!
"And if we are able to slow the growth of health care costs by just one-tenth of 1 percent each year -- one-tenth of 1 percent --
it will actually reduce the deficit by $4 trillion over the long term."

DO YOU comprehend how totally STUPID you, Obama and others that support Obamacare are regarding BIG numbers and accuracy of words?

First he said and you moronically parrot this:
"reduce the deficit"

REDUCE THE DEFICIT???? HOW?
THE DEFICIT IS WHAT THE US TREASURY RECEIVES VERSUS WHAT IS PAID OUT AND THAT RIGHT NOW IS A "DEFICIT"!
To pay out more then comes in means the USA BORROWS and creates what children..
"NATIONAL DEBT"!!! Which is what Obama should have said.
BUT it gets worse!!!

The moron says.."And if we are able to slow the growth of health care costs by just one-tenth of 1 percent each year it will actually reduce the deficit by $4 trillion over the long term."[/B
OPerative words "long term"...
DEFINITELY a LONG TERM.. how about 1,600 years????
Currently health care costs are $2.5 trillion a year. 1/10th of 1% of $2.5 trillion is
wait children... $2.5 Billion yes a big number children!!!
BUT when you divide $4 trillion by $2.5 billion equals 1,600 years!

So this IDIOT says "1,600 years .. 'long term"!!!
MY God.. what a fool when it comes to common sense!

I really hope you aren't a paid poster.

If you are, someone is wasting their money.

The media never fact checked Barry Hussein in eight long freaking years. Democrats have the Soros funded (tax exempt) Media Matters that boasts monitoring (only) conservative speech 24/7 and it does much more to create propaganda for the DNC. The point is that the mainstream media never fact checks democrats and ignores and downplays obvious lies and even freaking treason like the 50 former intelligence officers who perjured themselves to save Hunter's sorry ass. It's a double standard that republicans are used to.

Forum List

Back