Obama -"Let's get rid of the whales."

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Environmentalists, already peeved with the administration’s handling of the Gulf oil spill, are accusing President Obama of breaking his campaign pledge to end the slaughter of whales.
The Obama administration is leading an effort within the International Whaling Commission to lift a 24-year international ban on commercial whaling for Japan, Norway and Iceland, the remaining three countries in the 88-member commission that still hunt whales.

FOXNews.com - Obama Under Fire for Backing Deal to Lift Global Ban on Commercial Whaling

Yes, I heard this as well. Fox was not alone in reporting it. I don't understand why it isn't creating more outrage, or why Obama thinks this is a great time to help assure the extinction of a linchpin species.

Yes, I heard this as well. Fox was not alone in reporting it. I don't understand why it isn't creating more outrage, or why Obama thinks this is a great time to help assure the extinction of a linchpin species.

I doubt the countries that whale want to "exterminate" the species. The original ban was really a moritorium to allow for stocks to replenish.

I understand people who think all whaling is 3 inches below murder of another human, they want no whaling whatsoever and I can see the point. The fact remains that other cultures don't see it that way, and we are not talking barbaric countries here.

Lifting the ban and replacing with a sustainable limit system was the original concept back when the ban was placed to prevent extinction of the various species. If they are recovered enough hunting should be allowed on a permitted bases to maintain the growth of the stocks.

Naturally if you are a PETA type person I am EEEEEVVVVIIILLLL for proposing this, and will quietly slink away and enjoy my steak.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hKbl4AeqpM]YouTube - Whalers on the moon - Portuguese and English Version[/ame]

I doubt the countries that whale want to "exterminate" the species. The original ban was really a moritorium to allow for stocks to replenish.

I understand people who think all whaling is 3 inches below murder of another human, they want no whaling whatsoever and I can see the point. The fact remains that other cultures don't see it that way, and we are not talking barbaric countries here.

Lifting the ban and replacing with a sustainable limit system was the original concept back when the ban was placed to prevent extinction of the various species. If they are recovered enough hunting should be allowed on a permitted bases to maintain the growth of the stocks.

Naturally if you are a PETA type person I am EEEEEVVVVIIILLLL for proposing this, and will quietly slink away and enjoy my steak.

I don't particularly care about the whales either, but this is more evidence of Obama breaking campaign promises left and right, and this was a pretty easy one to keep.

I don't particularly care about the whales either, but this is more evidence of Obama breaking campaign promises left and right, and this was a pretty easy one to keep.

You care more about a campaigne promise that the existance of a species?

You drawing breath is a disgusting thing to tolorate.

If you want to save the whales they need to be given voting rights and the ability to make campaign contributions.

I wonder if they can just pull over any whale because it looks like a whale. I'm boycotting the arctic ocean.

You care more about a campaigne promise that the existance of a species?

You drawing breath is a disgusting thing to tolorate.

Ever hear of evolution? Natural selection kills off species all the time.

Every time I think about this, I start to laugh and it is->NUKE THE WHALES.

That would be kind of funny seeing a 100 ton creature being blown a thousand feet into the air. :tongue:

Please god forgive me.:eek:

I used to have that tee shirt.

Last edited:
how are whales linchpin species? I really don't get it.

how are whales linchpin species? I really don't get it.

What a lot of environuts forget is that humans are the linchpin species.

Forum List

Back