Obama leaves the "Reality" based community

It is quite obvious that his current healthcare plan is not going to pass
You're kidding yourself. Never underestimate the power of sandbagging holdouts, and the pot sweetening that results. Cap and Trade is your first hint.

Obamacare will pass.

What part of Cap & Trade hasn't yet been debated in the Senate don't you get?
Please stop embarrassing yourself. Cap and Trade passed the House, because the pot was sweetened for the sandbagging holdouts. That's the example. They will attempt the same thing in the Senate, the problem there is, no one is sandbagging. They are actually against this and no amount of bribery is going to move them.

Last edited:
You're kidding yourself. Never underestimate the power of sandbagging holdouts, and the pot sweetening that results. Cap and Trade is your first hint.

Obamacare will pass.

Please stop embarrassing yourself. Cap and Trade passed the House, because the pot was sweetened for the sandbagging holdouts. That's the example. They will attempt the same thing in the Senate, the problem there is, no one is sandbagging. They are actually against this and no amount of bribery is going to move them.

I happen to agree. Surprise surprise. That's why I can't see why people get their panties all in a wad over this. For one thing, we already DO cap and trade, as part of the Clean Air Act. I don't like the expansion contained in this one, which to me would be ripe for graft and corruption of the process. I do, however, want some sort of bill that mandates federal startup money for alternative fuel sources--ALL of them. Major investors already know this is where to put their money, but too many really smart scientists and entrepreneurs are stymied from going forth because they have no seed money.

I happen to agree. Surprise surprise. That's why I can't see why people get their panties all in a wad over this. For one thing, we already DO cap and trade, as part of the Clean Air Act. I don't like the expansion contained in this one, which to me would be ripe for graft and corruption of the process. I do, however, want some sort of bill that mandates federal startup money for alternative fuel sources--ALL of them. Major investors already know this is where to put their money, but too many really smart scientists and entrepreneurs are stymied from going forth because they have no seed money.
The gubmint's always the answer right?

It most certainly is in this case, stupid.

so let THEM

It most certainly is in this case, stupid.
No, it's not moron. It NEVER is.

Yep. As soon as Pelosi and Reed up the bribes, the blue-dogs will fall into line and they'll pass this POS bill.

I'm taking wagers right now on the number who actually read the bill...

Even odds on none

yep, dems always fall into line

Now THAT comment is hilarious! Consider that the Republican lawmakers voting FOR anything thus far during the Obama Administration amount to three. Just like the Pied Piper leading the rats over a cliff, Boehner barks, the lemmings follow.
The Pied Piper of Hamln (Hamlin, Germany) led the rats into the river, not over a cliff. Get your facts right before posting. As far as reading the bill, how many of you have actually contacted your Senators to ask them if they have read the entire bill? I did, but I doubt most of you did. If you don't get off your lazy asses from the computer and actually take some action, you have no room to bitch about the outcome.

Last edited:

so let THEM

If there is no startup money to attract the investors, they don't know they exist. It's a no-brainer.

Now THAT comment is hilarious! Consider that the Republican lawmakers voting FOR anything thus far during the Obama Administration amount to three. Just like the Pied Piper leading the rats over a cliff, Boehner barks, the lemmings follow.
The Pied Piper of Hamln (Hamlin, Germany) led the rats into the river, not over a cliff. Get your facts right before posting. As far as reading the bill, how many of you have actually contacted your Senators to ask them if they have read the entire bill? I did, but I doubt most of you did. If you don't get off your lazy asses from the computer and actually take some action, you have no room to bitch about the outcome.

Well sheeeeit... so sue me asshole. :cuckoo:

so let THEM

If there is no startup money to attract the investors, they don't know they exist. It's a no-brainer.
so you contradict your own post

btw, capital investment IS startup money

so let THEM

If I have a proven invention, complete with technically proven prototype, but the details sit inside my computer, I need to advertise what I've got to would-be investors. Otherwise, they do not know I exist.

Must...make...perfectly...clear...with pichurs:

light-bulb-over_~DBD0015.jpg

images

3641619.jpg

_41298952_csirosolar203bbc.jpg

Solar panels as window coverings

If I have a proven invention, complete with technically proven prototype, but the details sit inside my computer, I need to advertise what I've got to would-be investors. Otherwise, they do not know I exist.

Must...make...perfectly...clear...with pichurs:

Solar panels as window coverings
you can stick your pic up your ass moron
YOU said that they alread KNOW where to put their money
you have contradicted yourself

You're so stupid..... You do NOT need the government! If your fucking product is viable it WILL get backing.

What these idiots are doing is rigging the market, tilting the playing field, for preferred technology that is NOT viable!

And most of it, you simpleton clod, is WORSE for the environment! Let's start with solar panels:

Dirty little secret of solar: The production of solar panels involves nitrogen trifluoride (NF3) emissions be released. NF3 is about 17,000 times more potent a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide. The concentration of it in the atmosphere has increased 20 fold during the last two decades by its use in manufacturing processes. The level is increasing 11 percent per year.

The weaker CO2 stays in the atmosphere up to 100 years. NF3 stays in the atmosphere for 700 years or more.

Let's look at some of the other "alternatives:"

Dirty little secret of Hydrogen: Water Vapor is the product of combustion. Sounds great, right? But -- Water vapor is far and away the #1 greenhouse gas. This according to the IPCC and every other scientist on both sides of the issue. It's the one thing they do ALL agree on. Hmmm...

Dirty little secrets of Ethanol: Yeah, it's "cleaner" if you believe CO2 is really really bad, because it does produce less when combusted. But it also produces the definite pollutant and definite poison to all living things -- CO (Carbon Monoxide) 100 times more than gasoline! Also, it takes 1,200 gallons of water to make a gallon of this crap!

Wind power's dirty little secret: It takes 4 barrels of oil per year, per wind turbine, for the gearbox. And another five barrels for the transformer below each turbine. And these turbines leak and sling this oil. Great for the groundwater!

Multiply those figures times a million, two million wind turbines planned -- and you see why oil magnates like Pickens are pushing this. They stand to sell millions of barrels of oil!

Because you are so IGNORANT of the issues, you allow them to lead you along by your HEARTSTRINGS and you willingly eschew rational thought, critical thinking, investigation and study!

And Cap and Trade, you blithering idiot, does NOTHING at all for the environment! It merely takes money from the POOR and gives it to the RICH!

GAWD, you're an ignorant dumbass.

Yep. As soon as Pelosi and Reed up the bribes, the blue-dogs will fall into line and they'll pass this POS bill.

I'm taking wagers right now on the number who actually read the bill...

Even odds on none

if a Republican voted for anything that obama has proposed he would not be a Republican. so stfu

if a Republican voted for anything that obama has proposed he would not be a Republican. so stfu

Yes, just the way the Constitution envisioned. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back