Obama leads among NASCAR fans

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
Mitt Romney's recent slide in several polls, including those in the battleground states of Ohio, Virginia and Florida, is troubling enough for the GOP. But, now the Republican nominee appears to be trailing President Barack Obama among a traditionally conservative constituency: NASCAR fans.

Obama leads Romney 49 to 42 percent among NASCAR enthusiasts, according to a new Zogby poll by JZ Analytics.

As the liberal blog PoliticusUSA.com pointed out, Romney was booed at the Daytona 500 in February during a campaign trip ahead of Super Tuesday.

Mitt Romney's recent slide in several polls, including those in the battleground states of Ohio, Virginia and Florida, is troubling enough for the GOP. But, now the Republican nominee appears to be trailing President Barack Obama among a traditionally conservative constituency: NASCAR fans.

Obama leads Romney 49 to 42 percent among NASCAR enthusiasts, according to a new Zogby poll by JZ Analytics.

As the liberal blog PoliticusUSA.com pointed out, Romney was booed at the Daytona 500 in February during a campaign trip ahead of Super Tuesday.

Hmmmm....so being friends with multiple team owners DIDN'T resonate with the average Joe and Jean who attend the races? Whoda thunkit?

the republican lies are just not standing up to the cold hard facts people can now find on the internets

My husband and I are NASCAR fans (go Denny Hamlin!). We're in the 53%. He's military, I work in law enforcement. We're both planning to vote for Obama.

Here's a link to the actual poll: http://www.jzanalytics.com/DATA/Crosstabs_Voters_2way_and_5way_horserace_092112

On this poll, Obama is killing it with voters under age 50 and both male/female voters, non-whites, people who earn under $75k a year, and people who live everywhere but in the south. He's also winning with military/military families (54.3% for Obama), moderates, and independents.

Last edited:
An online survey of of 860 likely voters nationwide – taken Sept. 21 and 22 – shows President Barack Obama with an 7-point lead over GOP challenger Mitt Romney, according to a new Zogby Poll [PDF] with JZ Analytics.

The question posed: "If the election for president were held today, for whom would you vote?" The answer: Forty-nine percent of NASCAR fans would vote for Obama. 42 percent said Romney.

But if you think that NASCAR fans are conservative Southern rednecks, then you'd probably be drawing the wrong conclusion from this poll. Wal-Mart shoppers, Christian conservatives, and white men are still in the Romney camp.

In fact, the NASCAR voting preferences almost exactly match the Zogby results from all likely American voters: Obama now leads 49 percent to 41 percent.

Obama opens up lead over Romney with NASCAR voters: Another straw the wind? - CSMonitor.com

My husband and I are NASCAR fans (go Denny Hamlin!). We're in the 53%. He's military, I work in law enforcement. We're both planning to vote for Obama.

Here's a link to the actual poll: http://www.jzanalytics.com/DATA/Crosstabs_Voters_2way_and_5way_horserace_092112

Ohhhh, now this is a good one. Who is jzanalytics? Actually the question is Whois.com jz analytics?

Whois Lookup | Domain Availability - Registration Information

It was created March 11 of last year and the administrative contact is Domains by Proxy.

Just as I thought, it's all astroturfing.

It's just the kind of thing Melky Cabrera tried to use to explain a positive drug test. Only believed by the incredibly gullible.

Liberals create bogus polls to fit their agenda and slogans.

There's no way in hell Obamination gets more support at a NASCAR race than any Republican.

Ohhhh, now this is a good one. Who is jzanalytics? Actually the question is Whois.com jz analytics?

It was created March 11 of last year and the administrative contact is Domains by Proxy.

It's just the kind of thing Melky Cabrera tried to use to explain a positive drug test. Only believed by the incredibly gullible.

It's a zogby poll, numbnuts. JZ stands for Jonathan Zogby, the son of noted pollster John Zogby, who is now employed by his son's company.

http://www.jzanalytics.com/

What a fucking maroon. :lol:

Last edited:
I strongly doubt these claims, I'm a die hard nascar fan and go to 5-6 races a year, and party with people from all over the country at them, and I can count the number of obummer voters I've met on my hands.

I believe this is just another bullshit "the election is already over" lie the media is propagating for obummer.

I just don't see all this enthusiasm for obummer that we keep getting inundated with from the media, and I've covered a fair amount of the country, as I do every year. If anything, I'm seeing enthusiasm to throw him out, almost everywhere I go.

We'll see in November, but I don't think people are buying what the Dems are selling.

You're a lying sack of shit with everything you babbled.

On this poll, Obama is killing it with voters under age 50 and both male/female voters, non-whites, people who earn under $75k a year, and people who live everywhere but in the south. He's also winning with military/military families (54.3% for Obama), moderates, and independents.

The flaw in the whole theory is that who said NASCAR fans are all Conservative Republicans?

Catpiss just said she and hubby are fans and Catpee is no Republican or Conservative....a rat bastard and shill for jilliian...perhaps....but either a Republican or Conservative..."me no thinks so" :cool:

Last edited:

It's a zogby poll, numbnuts. JZ stands for John Zogby.

You can't fix gullible. You have a better chance of fixing stupid.

If I created a website that was CM, would that mean it came from catzmeow?

It's a FAKE. It's a fake website. It's not owned by John Zogby, the ownership is hidden. But, if you have some evidence that it is really owned by Zogby, put it out here.

It's a zogby poll, numbnuts. JZ stands for John Zogby.

You can't fix gullible. You have a better chance of fixing stupid.

If I created a website that was CM, would that mean it came from catzmeow?

It's a FAKE. It's a fake website. It's not owned by John Zogby, the ownership is hidden. But, if you have some evidence that it is really owned by Zogby, put it out here.

See first page of JZ Analytics, the poll is linked from that location. http://www.jzanalytics.com/

Here is what it says:

September 30, 2012
A New Zogby Poll
Romney Loses Ground, Now Down By 8 Points;
Wrong Track Voters At 52%

UTICA, N.Y. -- A new Zogby Poll of 860 likely voters nationwide, conducted online September 21 and 22, shows President Barack Obama opening up an 8 point lead over GOP challenger and former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney. Among likely voters, Obama now leads 49% to 41%; when leaners are factored in and minor party candidates are included, Obama's lead widens to 9 points, 49%-40%, with 2% each voting for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson and Green Party's Dr. Jill Stein, and 1% for Constitution Party Virgil Goode.

The poll has a margin of sampling error of +/-3.4 percentage points.

Obama has a 14 point lead among independents (46% to 32%), 33 points among moderates (60% to 27%), 36 points among 18-29 year olds (65%-29%), 11 points among 30-49 year olds (48% to 37%), and is down among 50-64 year olds by only 2 points (45%-47%) and 3 points among voters over 65 (44%-47%). The President maintains his huge leads among Hispanics (68% to 26%) and African American voters (93%-0%).

Romney's lead is only 50% to 39% among white voters and 48% to 40% among evangelicals. Obama continues his lead among NASCAR fans (49% Obama to 42% Romney).

Pollster John Zogby: "I won't say that things are spinning out of control for Romney, but I can say that things are not spinning in control. He is off message, losing ground, not connecting with his own base, being severely chastised (and even dismissed) by GOP pundits who should be his friends. There are ups and downs in presidential campaigns. For Romney, this is a real down."

Full xTabs and Methodology

Seems understandable. idk why someone would want to vote for a guy who's plan includes an eventually 60% cut of funding to VA benefits, etc. His plan doesn't say this outright, but the math does.

If he does really want to cap federal spending at 20% of the GDP WITHOUT touching defense,social security, and medicare then every other program that receives federal money would see a 60% by 2016.

Seems understandable. idk why someone would want to vote for a guy who's plan includes an eventually 60% cut of funding to VA benefits, etc. His plan doesn't say this outright, but the math does.

If he does really want to cap federal spending at 20% of the GDP WITHOUT touching defense,social security, and medicare then every other program that receives federal money would see a 60% by 2016.

We're not you. My husband is high on the list to be activated next year if we maintain our current force levels. That would mean him spending another year overseas in either Afghanistan and Iraq.

If you were my husband (or me), which would you be more concerned about? VA cuts, or dying in a middle eastern shit hole?

Myopic is a multisyllabic word that applies to your post.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back