Obama Leading 5 to 1 in Iowa Early Voting

How does it come to pass that early votes are tabulated already?

Hey stop that its not nice LOL

That's true, they may be counting them, but I can tell you from working with elections that any count will NOT be released until Nov 6th. If it is, someone is in huge trouble, that's top secret information. It's jail time in my state.

Of course, they are just counting the absentee ballot requests, but now this is going on in Ohio, another swing state and the Democrat absentee ballot requests have fallen off a cliff from 08 and they are accusing the Rep Secretary of State of suppressing the vote. Here is the chart:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvEOdIaw0fPNdHVOZnFENDdDYVFTRi1UMlgxQ0F4OVE#gid=0

Starting this morning in Iowa, just about every day for the next 40 is Election Day.

At 8 a.m. Central time (9 a.m. in Washington), Iowa becomes the first swing state to begin early voting, meaning that voters can walk into any of the 99 county auditors’ offices or satellite polling places and cast their absentee ballots. They can also mail them.

Iowa’s strategic importance has made it the focus of intense attention from both the Obama and Romney campaigns. On the surface, at least, it would appear that Obama has a significant jump on the early balloting. At close of business Tuesday, 114,585 Democrats had requested absentee ballots from election officials; compared to 22,364 Republicans, according to the office of Secretary of State Matt Schultz. That’s a better than 5-to-1 margin.

LINK

This pretty well jives with the 5-1 margin:

If the polls are right, the GOP ticket has a lot of ground to make up.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News/Marist Poll taken last week found Romney trailing Obama by 8 percentage points, a finding that mirrored recent internal polls from Democrats and Republicans alike. The poll also found that only 40 percent had positive feelings about Romney, down from 43 percent in May. Conversely, Obama saw his favorability rating improve to 53 percent from 48 percent over that same period.

I don't know why anyone would vote before even the 1st debate, pretty stupid to me.

Most people have already made their choice for whatever reason. Why would they have to wait until the final dog and pony shows?

How does it come to pass that early votes are tabulated already?
They haven't been. They know that a registered dem/repub have picked up a absentee ballot... But they don't know who they voted for. Just that they are resistered to a certain party.

Have they been?
Dunno.

How does anyone get to claim that anyone is leading any election when the votes haven't yet been officially tabulated?

It's a pretty solid indicator when Iowa Democrats are picking up early voting forms at a 5 to 1 rate to Republicans. What do you think?
I think I want to know how you get that number, when the votes haven't yet been officially tabulated.

Well?

Dunno.

How does anyone get to claim that anyone is leading any election when the votes haven't yet been officially tabulated?

It's a pretty solid indicator when Iowa Democrats are picking up early voting forms at a 5 to 1 rate to Republicans. What do you think?
I think I want to know how you get that number, when the votes haven't yet been officially tabulated.

Well?

what part of registered voter baffles you, einstein?

Have they been?
Dunno.

I think you should read this article and let us know how 2010 turned out for you.

Early Voting Shows Surprising Turnout For Democrats

Well?

What part of "officially tabulated" escapes you, Goober?

Well?

the part where you've been told more than once that a 5-1 dem/repub pick up of absentee ballots is an *indicator*, bucyrus, not an official *tabulation*, corky.

:lmao:

Dunno.

Well?

Read the OP article. It even uses small words that you might understand.

Well?

Are you really too stupid to understand what the first indicator of early voting means? Perhaps you should rally your troops and try to claim that most of these eligible voters swam the Rio Grand.

the part where you've been told more than once that a 5-1 dem/repub pick up of absentee ballots is an *indicator*, bucyrus, not an official *tabulation*, corky.

They could be voting for fucking Hugo Chavez, as much as you or I know for certain.

But hey...I bet you could prolly pick up a ballot, so who knows?

They could be voting for fucking Hugo Chavez, as much as you or I know for certain.

But hey...I bet you could prolly pick up a ballot, so who knows?

633800769542445665-CAPTAINOBVIOUS.jpg

What if Rick perry hadn't done so poorly In the republican debates?

then obama would probably win by the same margin.

It seemed perry was the shoo in for the nomination before the debates.

What if Rick perry hadn't done so poorly In the republican debates?

then obama would probably win by the same margin.

It seemed perry was the shoo in for the nomination before the debates.

not being able to remember what departments of government he planned to shut down probably hurt him.

when the best you can do is mitt romney, you're fucked.

Forum List

Back