Obama Leading 5 to 1 in Iowa Early Voting

Aug 7, 2012
Starting this morning in Iowa, just about every day for the next 40 is Election Day.

At 8 a.m. Central time (9 a.m. in Washington), Iowa becomes the first swing state to begin early voting, meaning that voters can walk into any of the 99 county auditors’ offices or satellite polling places and cast their absentee ballots. They can also mail them.

Iowa’s strategic importance has made it the focus of intense attention from both the Obama and Romney campaigns. On the surface, at least, it would appear that Obama has a significant jump on the early balloting. At close of business Tuesday, 114,585 Democrats had requested absentee ballots from election officials; compared to 22,364 Republicans, according to the office of Secretary of State Matt Schultz. That’s a better than 5-to-1 margin.

LINK

This pretty well jives with the 5-1 margin:

If the polls are right, the GOP ticket has a lot of ground to make up.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News/Marist Poll taken last week found Romney trailing Obama by 8 percentage points, a finding that mirrored recent internal polls from Democrats and Republicans alike. The poll also found that only 40 percent had positive feelings about Romney, down from 43 percent in May. Conversely, Obama saw his favorability rating improve to 53 percent from 48 percent over that same period.

Last edited:
Starting this morning in Iowa, just about every day for the next 40 is Election Day.

At 8 a.m. Central time (9 a.m. in Washington), Iowa becomes the first swing state to begin early voting, meaning that voters can walk into any of the 99 county auditors’ offices or satellite polling places and cast their absentee ballots. They can also mail them.

Iowa’s strategic importance has made it the focus of intense attention from both the Obama and Romney campaigns. On the surface, at least, it would appear that Obama has a significant jump on the early balloting. At close of business Tuesday, 114,585 Democrats had requested absentee ballots from election officials; compared to 22,364 Republicans, according to the office of Secretary of State Matt Schultz. That’s a better than 5-to-1 margin.

LINK

Why, if they can walk into an auditors office to get an absentee ballot, can't they walk into a polling place on voting day? What is the dire need for an Absentee ballot? One hundred thousand Democrats plan to vacation on election day? I think not. Something is up.

LINK

So are those individual Demoncats or is it just the amount of ballots that went out?

I literally only know ONE person who intends to vote for Hussein... every other person I have EVER asked says they are voting Romney.

We will see....

LINK
And this really doesn't do anything other than get the republicans in the state to vote more. *shrugs*

Iowa is not an Obama state. It's an independent state. It's why we are a swing state. We eat the bait, but don't swallow the hook. 5 to 1 won't last very long.

Edit: In fact this is likely not true, but leaked by a republican source. Fucking RTM's.

Last edited:
Just another fabrication by the left, of course you know that about 40% of the dem absentee ballots will be cast for Romney. There will be a bunch or registered dems voting for Mitt.

LINK

How long did it take your to figure out it was a 5-1 margin?

LINK

Why, if they can walk into an auditors office to get an absentee ballot, can't they walk into a polling place on voting day? What is the dire need for an Absentee ballot? One hundred thousand Democrats plan to vacation on election day? I think not. Something is up.

Because that's Iowa's law. It helps people who don't get time off from work to vote. You know, the 47% who are struggling.

You wouldn't want corporate scumbags to make all their minimum wage workers get stuck with double shifts on election day, would you?

Last edited:

LINK

They’re exercising the fundamental right to vote in accordance with the laws of their state.

Stop being such a paranoid rightwing authoritarian and allow citizens to vote in peace.

• Banned

LINK

How long did it take your to figure out it was a 5-1 margin?

It is in the OP article.

LINK

So are those individual Demoncats or is it just the amount of ballots that went out?

I literally only know ONE person who intends to vote for Hussein... every other person I have EVER asked says they are voting Romney.

We will see....

The absentee ballot requests from Democrats are way down, some Democrats are accusing the Republican Secretary of State of trying to suppress the Democrat turnout- a typical ploy from the dems, it's that the polls are skewed and many people are not all that interested in re-electing a failed President. This video is from 2 years ago, I can imangine how exhausted this woman is now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujwE-OYCjbw&feature=player_embedded]TownHall Questioner To Obama: 'I'm Exhausted Of Defending You' -PLUS Obama's Response - YouTube[/ame]

We will see....

The absentee ballot requests from Democrats are way down, some Democrats are accusing the Republican Secretary of State of trying to suppress the Democrat turnout- a typical ploy from the dems, it's that the polls are skewed and many people are not all that interested in re-electing a failed President. This video is from 2 years ago, I can imangine how exhausted this woman is now.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujwE-OYCjbw&feature=player_embedded]TownHall Questioner To Obama: 'I'm Exhausted Of Defending You' -PLUS Obama's Response - YouTube[/ame]

UnSkewed Polls -- erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of politics

LINK

This pretty well jives with the 5-1 margin:

If the polls are right, the GOP ticket has a lot of ground to make up.

A Wall Street Journal/NBC News/Marist Poll taken last week found Romney trailing Obama by 8 percentage points, a finding that mirrored recent internal polls from Democrats and Republicans alike. The poll also found that only 40 percent had positive feelings about Romney, down from 43 percent in May. Conversely, Obama saw his favorability rating improve to 53 percent from 48 percent over that same period.

I don't know why anyone would vote before even the 1st debate, pretty stupid to me.

How does it come to pass that early votes are tabulated already?

Hey stop that its not nice LOL

That's true, they may be counting them, but I can tell you from working with elections that any count will NOT be released until Nov 6th. If it is, someone is in huge trouble, that's top secret information. It's jail time in my state.

Forum List

Back