Obama lashes out at Clinton over her response to 'bitter' remarks

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
STEELTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) - A visibly agitated Barack Obama accused Hillary Clinton Sunday of acting like "Annie Oakley …packin’ a six shooter” in her attempts to connect with gun wners, and used some of his most heated language to date to attack her and her campaign for heir reaction to his comments from a now infamous California fundraiser.

"Shame on her!"he told a Steelton crowd.

"I expected this out of John McCain," Obama said in a voice more commanding than the his usual stump tone. "But I've gotta say, I'm a little disappointed when I start hearing the exact same talking points coming out of my Democratic colleague Hillary Clinton. She knows better. Shame on her."

At a closed-press event one week ago, Obama referred to some small-town Pennsylvanians as "bitter" people who "cling to guns and religion."

Clinton has since called him "out of touch" and said the Illinois senator's remarks were "demeaning" and "elitist."

Obama fired back in a room of supporters at a Pennsylvania union hall.

"She's running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsmen, how she values the Second Amendment," he said, his voice rising. "She's talking like she's Annie Oakley! Hillary Clinton's out there like she's on the duck blind every Sunday, [like] she's packin' a six shooter! C'mon! She knows better."

"That's some politics being played by Hillary Clinton," he added. "When Hillary Clinton says I'm out of touch I just have to remind people of the track record." He then went on to attack her for "campaigning for NAFTA" for "a decade" during her husband's administration.

more ... http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Tsk tsk ... temper temper ....:rofl:

It'll be interesting to watch these two try to destroy each other for the next few months until one of them gets blessed by the Democratic Party power people to run against McCain.

It'll be interesting to watch these two try to destroy each other for the next few months until one of them gets blessed by the Democratic Party power people to run against McCain.

At this point it'll be Obama, but he sure is having to explain a lot of his dumb statements and personal affiliations.

Too bad. Hillary's the better choice between the two.

Now I've got this picture of Clinton walking into church packing a handgun and reciting passages of Proverbs. Lol.

I have GOT to find a link to this ... just heard it on the news this AM ... Hillary was out swilling beer and eating pizza (she looks like it :eusa_hand: ) with the "common folk."

Guess all that shootin' down t'the range worked up an almighty thirst ....:rofl:

I have GOT to find a link to this ... just heard it on the news this AM ... Hillary was out swilling beer and eating pizza (she looks like it :eusa_hand: ) with the "common folk."

Guess all that shootin' down t'the range worked up an almighty thirst ....:rofl:

Lol! Here it is!

"After a long day of campaigning Clinton was cajoled into taking a shot of Crown Royal whisky, which she sipped at first, but later threw her head back and swallowed it down. That led to a few beers and some pizza. And although Clinton is no stranger to late night drinks with the press and her staff, she usually prefers red wine or the trendy wheat ale Blue Moon with a slice of orange, not the watery light beer in the glass mug she waved in the air so proudly as the crowd chanted her name."

Gettin' down with the commoners. Hillary pounds one down and has pizza afterwards

Lol! Here it is!

"After a long day of campaigning Clinton was cajoled into taking a shot of Crown Royal whisky, which she sipped at first, but later threw her head back and swallowed it down. That led to a few beers and some pizza. And although Clinton is no stranger to late night drinks with the press and her staff, she usually prefers red wine or the trendy wheat ale Blue Moon with a slice of orange, not the watery light beer in the glass mug she waved in the air so proudly as the crowd chanted her name."

Gettin' down with the commoners. Hillary pounds one down and has pizza afterwards

Damn ... Hillary shoots Crown? I'm actually impressed.:bowdown:

Forum List

Back