Obama kills terrorists he is God. Bush waterboarded a couple and he was the devil?

What the hell is wrong with you people.
We should torture captured enemies. I'm not taling waterboarding, I'm talkin' electricity and bolt cutters, cigarette burns, sleep deprivation, and pulled teeth and fingernails.

The problem is....we SHOULD'NT let it be known that we're doing it. In WWII....Americans were NOT exposed to the torturing we should have done, and did do. If we would have only seen to it that nobody found out about Abu or Gitmo. I don't see why that is so hard. They did it in WWII and Korea.

We execute criminals, we do not torture them. We execute them after they have been tried, convicted and allow decades to appeal - not to extract information or confessions

Gitmo detainees were caught on a battlefield in a war that was approved by congress. That makes them enemy combatants not criminals.

Obama has killed people in countries that we are not at war with. If any thing those people can't be considered enemy combatants.

So how do theses facts fit into your little world?

Most of the prisoners were not captured by the U.S. in combat but were turned over by local forces, often in exchange for a bounty. We had to take someone else's word that they were bad guys.

A 2006 report by Seton Hall law professor Mark Denbeaux found that only 8 percent of those held at Guantanamo were al-Qaida fighters. Even a study done at West Point concluded that just 73 percent of the detainees were a "demonstrated threat"—which means 27 percent were not.

The Parhat case doesn't prove that everyone in detention at Guantanamo is an innocent victim of some misunderstanding. But it does show the dangers of trusting the administration—any administration—to act as judge, jury, and jailer. It illustrates the need for an independent review to make sure there is some reason to believe the people being treated as terrorists really deserve it.

Truth and the Gitmo Detainees - Reason Magazine

Also I think anyone actively engaged with al Queda is a target for US forces regardless of what country they operate in. Yemen, Pakistan.......

They totured the captives to create the intell they wanted so they could justify a war built on lies.

Torture does not work.

It gives you bad intell.

They wanted bad intell

You got your order of events backwards. But I guess that's what it takes to justify your mindset.

Oh yeah?

They torured people to justify what they knew was a war entered into on lies.

No WMDs and NO AQ ties like they claimed so they tortured people to make up intel to justify what they had done.

Care to offer a link to the Intel they got that you claim was to justify their take on why we went to war? I bet you can't......

when you torture you get bad intel.

When you torture you open the dorr for your captured to be tortured.

There is no real reason to torture.

Its produces bad intel.

THAT is what the Bush team wanted.

BAD INTEL to justify what they had done.

Its produces bad intel.

That's not a link to facts, that is just your opinion.

That is the only way you could get me to lie.

Violence it always on the top of cons minds it seems

Its produces bad intel.

That's not a link to facts, that is just your opinion.
Don't blame TM too much. She's just someone who let's others think for her (because she clearly isn't qualified for the task) and then she fumbles around tripping over her own drool when the two brain cells short circuit with conflicting facts.

Really? Who exactly thinks the President is God because he ordered the killing of our enemies?

Anyone?

You are capable of understanding the concept behind this thread no?

Obama kills gets praise

Bush waterbords gets condemned

Or were you too stupid to figure that out?

So no one is calling the President a God is your answer?

Just pointing your over the top blind partisan rhetoric.

There are plenty of pseudo-cons who do not praise President Obama for taking out terrorist with deadly force. These same folks defend President Bushes policies.

Last edited:

We execute criminals, we do not torture them. We execute them after they have been tried, convicted and allow decades to appeal - not to extract information or confessions

They aren't 'criminals'. They are enemy combatants. But please don't let facts get in your way. Hysteria and bullshit is much more convenient.

Bush had congressional approval for war. He did what he felt was needed to keep you safe. Obama has done no different except for not getting congressional approval for a couple military actions yet he gets a pass on the labels that the left applied to Bush.

Those of you who called Bush a criminal or worse are hypocrites plain and simple.

That is the only way you could get me to lie.

Violence it always on the top of cons minds it seems

So.... are we to understand that some evil right winger is waterboarding you every day? Is that why you lie so much in your posts?

Well, that clears that up.

Its produces bad intel.

Granted...the Bush admin never proved that waterboarding actually produced what they said it did.....I never take the word of any polticians for that kind of unspecified "we can't tell you specifics because It'll compromise operatives" stuff.

But torture that is very painfull and agonizing...instead of just exhausting (like waterboarding)..is very effective, traditionally.

They totured the captives to create the intell they wanted so they could justify a war built on lies.

Torture does not work.

It gives you bad intell.

They wanted bad intell

You got your order of events backwards. But I guess that's what it takes to justify your mindset.

Oh yeah?

They torured people to justify what they knew was a war entered into on lies.

No WMDs and NO AQ ties like they claimed so they tortured people to make up intel to justify what they had done.

You're a fucking LIAR. And that's the truth. Jackass.

Forum List

Back