Obama just played the race card again...

jreeves

Feb 12, 2008
McCain Camp: Obama Played "Race Card", Ariz. Senator's Campaign Manager Rips Into Obama's Warning About Republican Tactics - CBS News
John McCain's campaign accused Barack Obama on Thursday of playing racial politics a day after the Democratic candidate predicted Republicans would try to scare voters by pointing out "he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Obama "played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said in a statement. He called Obama's remarks "divisive, negative, shameful and wrong."

While Obama was meeting with victims of this summer's flooding here, his aides were initially dismissive of the McCain broadside. "We're not in the habit of reacting every time they put out a statement," spokesman Robert Gibbs said.

The first black candidate with a shot at winning the White House, Obama argued while stumping in Missouri on Wednesday that President Bush and McCain will resort to scare tactics to maintain their hold on the White House because they have little else to offer voters.

"Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, `he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name,' you know, `he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."'

Political Radar: Bill Clinton: Obama Played Race Card On Me
Clinton was talking to station WHYY about the fallout over his comparison of Obama's South Carolina primary victory with the support of black Democrats to Jesse Jackson's primary wins. Those comments were portrayed by critics as an attempt to highlight Obama's race.

The former president fumed on Monday that it was Obama's campaign that injected the race issue.

"I think that they played the race card on me. And we now know, from memos from the campaign and everything that they planned to do it all along," Bill Clinton said in a telephone interview with WHYY's Susan Phillips. "I was stating a fact, and it's still a fact."
The former president says the comment was "used out of context and twisted for political purposes by the Obama camapign."

Clinton goes on to say that "you have to really go some place to play the race card on me." He lists a number of his accomplishments on behalf of African Americans, inexplicably putting the fact that he has "an office in Harlem" at the top of the list.

Clinton's outburst began when Phillips asked the President how he feels about one Philadelphia official who says she switched her support after interpreting Clinton's remarks in South Carolina as an attempt to marginalize Obama as "the black candidate."

It's the same old shit just a different day....

Obama did exactly the same thing to Clinton in the primaries now he's trying to do it to MCcain.

McCain Camp: Obama Played "Race Card", Ariz. Senator's Campaign Manager Rips Into Obama's Warning About Republican Tactics - CBS News
John McCain's campaign accused Barack Obama on Thursday of playing racial politics a day after the Democratic candidate predicted Republicans would try to scare voters by pointing out "he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."

Obama "played the race card, and he played it from the bottom of the deck," McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said in a statement. He called Obama's remarks "divisive, negative, shameful and wrong."

While Obama was meeting with victims of this summer's flooding here, his aides were initially dismissive of the McCain broadside. "We're not in the habit of reacting every time they put out a statement," spokesman Robert Gibbs said.

The first black candidate with a shot at winning the White House, Obama argued while stumping in Missouri on Wednesday that President Bush and McCain will resort to scare tactics to maintain their hold on the White House because they have little else to offer voters.

"Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama said. "You know, `he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name,' you know, `he doesn't look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills."'

Political Radar: Bill Clinton: Obama Played Race Card On Me
Clinton was talking to station WHYY about the fallout over his comparison of Obama's South Carolina primary victory with the support of black Democrats to Jesse Jackson's primary wins. Those comments were portrayed by critics as an attempt to highlight Obama's race.

The former president fumed on Monday that it was Obama's campaign that injected the race issue.

"I think that they played the race card on me. And we now know, from memos from the campaign and everything that they planned to do it all along," Bill Clinton said in a telephone interview with WHYY's Susan Phillips. "I was stating a fact, and it's still a fact."
The former president says the comment was "used out of context and twisted for political purposes by the Obama camapign."

Clinton goes on to say that "you have to really go some place to play the race card on me." He lists a number of his accomplishments on behalf of African Americans, inexplicably putting the fact that he has "an office in Harlem" at the top of the list.

Clinton's outburst began when Phillips asked the President how he feels about one Philadelphia official who says she switched her support after interpreting Clinton's remarks in South Carolina as an attempt to marginalize Obama as "the black candidate."

It's the same old shit just a different day....

Obama did exactly the same thing to Clinton in the primaries now he's trying to do it to MCcain.

I just got an email from Barack and thought I'd share:

Dear Sealybobo,

A few hours ago John McCain, the same man who just months ago promised to run a "respectful campaign," said he is "proud" of his latest attack ad.

That's the one attacking your enthusiasm, comparing me to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, and making false claims about my energy plan.

Now, we're facing some serious challenges in this country -- our economy is struggling, energy costs are skyrocketing, and families don't have health care.

Given the seriousness of these issues, you'd think we'd be having a serious debate. But instead, John McCain is running an expensive, negative campaign against us. Each day brings a desperate new set of attacks.

And they're not just attacking me. They're attacking you.

They're mocking the desire of millions of Americans to step up and take ownership of the political process.

They're trying to convince you that your enthusiasm won't amount to anything -- that the people you persuade, the phone calls you make, the donations you give, the doors you knock on are all an illusion. They believe that in this election the same old smears and negative attacks will prevail again.

They're wrong.

McCain should use Obama's comment to prove once again, that Obama will say and do anything to get himself elected President, and into the White House.

Considering the republicans did this to McCain in 2000, I wonder at anyone who doubts they won't do it again and this time guess who's coming to dinner!

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

McCain should use Obama's comment to prove once again, that Obama will say and do anything to get himself elected President, and into the White House.

McCain has nothing good to say about himself so it is going to be smears on Obama from here on out. Sorry if Obama tries to defend himself. We see what happened to Kerry when he tried to just blow off the swift boat attacks.

The country is falling apart and your party caused it. Oil is $4 a gallon and the oil companies are making $40 billion dollar profits when in 2000 they only made $8 billion profits.

You middle class republicans are fucked up in the heads. McCain is the biggest flip flopper......you know what, you are a lost cause.

My favorite the other day was when a McCain supporter called up my radio show and tried to convince us all that McCain was the better candidate. The host proved him wrong on every issue.

FINALLY the truth came out. He said, "barack is an angry black man who wants to get us back when he gets in the white house".

Not all of you are racist, but many are. The rest of you are just dumb. You are going to fall for the negative smears because quite honestly, you just don't pay attention enough to be voting intelligently.

Sure the Democrats aren't perfect, but you are voting for a guy, a party, that is fatally flawed.

The USA is DONE if McCain wins. We went from the largest creditor to the largest debtor. We don't manufacture dick anymore. Same thing that happened to England when they collapsed. They let everyone else manufacture for them. The rich got richer but the poor got poorer.

Now you can tell me if I don't like it I can leave. Maybe i will. Isn't that what our founders did? They got on the Mayflower and took the fuck off. YOu are no better than the English nobility. YOu are the working class of old. Like the blacksmiths. They had it good, so fuck it if 90% of the population are living in poverty.

Forget good wages if McCain wins. Forget fixing what is wrong with NAFTA. Forget stopping oil companies from gouging us. Forget a good stock market where your 401k's start doing well. Forget ending the war for profit that is bankrupting the treasury. Forget stopping the illegal employer problem we have in this country. Forget social security.

Angry black man? Didn't I tell you that McCain has an anger problem? Do a google search. This is just like past elections. You guys are projecting on Obama what your candidate is. Bush a coke head, clinton enhaled. Kerry not a hero, Bush dodged the draft. Dems weak on terrorism, Bush got hit on 9-11 even though people tried to warn him. Dems tax and spenders, largest deficits in the history of the world.

You are fools.

Like McCain won't do the same thing. Total blind bullshit. He sold his soul to Bush to get this chance. Maverick, my ass.

Mr Flip Flopper himself.

Is anyone going to seriously challenge that rupublicans will NOT be using fear tactics to get McCain votes? How fucking dumb does someone have to be to believe that Rublicans will not use the fact that Barack is a minority in a majority wins election.

McCain is already proving to be running a dirty campaign. His latest Obama smear ad compares Obama with Spears and Hilton, even though the Hilton family donated the maximum amount to the McCain campain. George Bush III will be pulling out all the stops this year. He is hurting badly in the polls, and is merely tolerated by roughly half of his guarenteed voting base. I can't wait for the debates to start. As of today, the only attacks that carry water on Obama are "He gives great speeches but says nothing". Well, once McCain finally gets in front of the nation, he will be exposed for doing the SAME THING, except he gives terribly uninspiring speeches. McCain has stated that he will fix our budget, win the war, stop illegal immigration, and strengthen the dollar by the end of his first term...

Republicans/Conservatives: Wake up. Calling Obama an empty suit will only come back to bite ya'll in the ass. Not that you had a chance in this election anyways, but it's going to be an FDResq victory for America come this November.

Last edited:
I just got an email from Barack and thought I'd share:

Dear Sealybobo,

A few hours ago John McCain, the same man who just months ago promised to run a "respectful campaign," said he is "proud" of his latest attack ad.

That's the one attacking your enthusiasm, comparing me to Paris Hilton and Britney Spears, and making false claims about my energy plan.

Now, we're facing some serious challenges in this country -- our economy is struggling, energy costs are skyrocketing, and families don't have health care.

Given the seriousness of these issues, you'd think we'd be having a serious debate. But instead, John McCain is running an expensive, negative campaign against us. Each day brings a desperate new set of attacks.

And they're not just attacking me. They're attacking you.

They're mocking the desire of millions of Americans to step up and take ownership of the political process.

They're trying to convince you that your enthusiasm won't amount to anything -- that the people you persuade, the phone calls you make, the donations you give, the doors you knock on are all an illusion. They believe that in this election the same old smears and negative attacks will prevail again.

They're wrong.

Like obama is above negative attacks......:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Like McCain won't do the same thing. Total blind bullshit. He sold his soul to Bush to get this chance. Maverick, my ass.

Mr Flip Flopper himself.

Sigh. I hoped Bush was going to be a maverick, but alas...

But it is sort of exciting, the prospect of another Republican president. Hopefully he'll act like one.

McCain has nothing good to say about himself so it is going to be smears on Obama from here on out. Sorry if Obama tries to defend himself. We see what happened to Kerry when he tried to just blow off the swift boat attacks.

The country is falling apart and your party caused it. Oil is $4 a gallon and the oil companies are making $40 billion dollar profits when in 2000 they only made $8 billion profits.

You middle class republicans are fucked up in the heads. McCain is the biggest flip flopper......you know what, you are a lost cause.

My favorite the other day was when a McCain supporter called up my radio show and tried to convince us all that McCain was the better candidate. The host proved him wrong on every issue.

FINALLY the truth came out. He said, "barack is an angry black man who wants to get us back when he gets in the white house".

Not all of you are racist, but many are. The rest of you are just dumb. You are going to fall for the negative smears because quite honestly, you just don't pay attention enough to be voting intelligently.

Sure the Democrats aren't perfect, but you are voting for a guy, a party, that is fatally flawed.

The USA is DONE if McCain wins. We went from the largest creditor to the largest debtor. We don't manufacture dick anymore. Same thing that happened to England when they collapsed. They let everyone else manufacture for them. The rich got richer but the poor got poorer.

Now you can tell me if I don't like it I can leave. Maybe i will. Isn't that what our founders did? They got on the Mayflower and took the fuck off. YOu are no better than the English nobility. YOu are the working class of old. Like the blacksmiths. They had it good, so fuck it if 90% of the population are living in poverty.

Forget good wages if McCain wins. Forget fixing what is wrong with NAFTA. Forget stopping oil companies from gouging us. Forget a good stock market where your 401k's start doing well. Forget ending the war for profit that is bankrupting the treasury. Forget stopping the illegal employer problem we have in this country. Forget social security.

Angry black man? Didn't I tell you that McCain has an anger problem? Do a google search. This is just like past elections. You guys are projecting on Obama what your candidate is. Bush a coke head, clinton enhaled. Kerry not a hero, Bush dodged the draft. Dems weak on terrorism, Bush got hit on 9-11 even though people tried to warn him. Dems tax and spenders, largest deficits in the history of the world.

You are fools.

Mccain's energy policy is better than Obama's....
MCcain's taxation plan is better than Obama's....
MCcain's foreign policy plan is better than Obama's....
MCcain's spending policies are better than Obama's....
Obama can only accuse MCcain of being a Bush third term and take an underhanded attempt at calling MCcain a racist...

Is anyone going to seriously challenge that rupublicans will NOT be using fear tactics to get McCain votes? How fucking dumb does someone have to be to believe that Rublicans will not use the fact that Barack is a minority in a majority wins election.McCain is already proving to be running a dirty campaign. His latest Obama smear ad compares Obama with Spears and Hilton, even though the Hilton family donated the maximum amount to the McCain campain. George Bush III will be pulling out all the stops this year. He is hurting badly in the polls, and is merely tolerated by roughly half of his guarenteed voting base. I can't wait for the debates to start. As of today, the only attacks that carry water on Obama are "He gives great speeches but says nothing". Well, once McCain finally gets in front of the nation, he will be exposed for doing the SAME THING, except he gives terribly uninspiring speeches. McCain has stated that he will fix our budget, win the war, stop illegal immigration, and strengthen the dollar by the end of his first term...

Republicans/Conservatives: Wake up. Calling Obama an empty suit will only come back to bite ya'll in the ass. Not that you had a chance in this election anyways, but it's going to be an FDResq victory for America come this November.

MCcain hasn't used Obama's race but Obama sure threw the race card out there. Just like he did against Bill Clinton....

Like obama is above negative attacks......:cuckoo::cuckoo:

naaah he'll just make stuff up about how mccain's campaign is racist even though his campaign is the one obsessed with race.

he'll smile as he is negative and tell you all about how mccain has such a negative campaign. he'll talk about mccain and how all mccain can talk about is him...sprinkle some fairy dust and pray for some "change".

he has no problem insulting the heart of america and then asking for your vote because he is convinced you're too stupid to know what's good for your own family...that is the world consensus, after all.

Is anyone going to seriously challenge that rupublicans will NOT be using fear tactics to get McCain votes?

I love it... it's always "fear tactics" when Republicans point out their opponents' problems, but never when Democrats point out their opponents' problems.

Shirley Smith wants to take away a woman's right to choose!

John Spuddlecock is supported by the NRA!

Fred Brown wants to cuts aid to seniors!

Those aren't "fear tactics"?

I love it... it's always "fear tactics" when Republicans point out their opponents' problems, but never when Democrats point out their opponents' problems.

It's fear tactics when dems say mcCain will die in office. When they say McCain will wage war on iraq for 100 years.

WJ, I thought you were the internet badass? Now you're acting like a whiny bitch. Oh wait, that's your position on everything. black people and jews are keeping you down. You sure do play victim a lot. Probably weren't hugged enough as a child.

Since Obama is half black and half white, which race card did he play?

Since Obama is half black and half white, which race card did he play?

Well since he rejected his mother's race in his book 'Dreams of My Father', its pretty obvious isn't it?

Forum List

Back