Obama just lost the election.

What is McCain's supposed job in this matter? What educational background does he have in banking and finances that renders him useful or even necessary?

His JOB would be to show up when the bill makes it to the floor, at which time his JOB would be to debate and/or vote.

I reluctantly have to disagree with you on this one Paul. I want Both presidential candidates chest deep in every aspect of this bail-out...one of them is going to have to finance the U.S. government while paying the piper on whatever deal comes out on top. This is one of the few advantages of having legislative experience over executive experience.

So get your rear ends in there and legislate...What I don't want to hear from a candidate for the highest office in the land is "I won't be coming in to the office today, but feel free to call me if you need me".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrmhOOyO2oI"]Obama saying "call me" on you tube.[/ame]

Last edited:
What is McCain's supposed job in this matter? What educational background does he have in banking and finances that renders him useful or even necessary?

His JOB would be to show up when the bill makes it to the floor, at which time his JOB would be to debate and/or vote.

Well, personally I think it helps to get the facts first hand and not by word of mouth, it also helps to be in the room to get the gist of the attitudes and buttheadedness.. I'm glad he's there. That's Presidential.

You're simply repeating what you hear talking heads on TV say. There was no deal. Read my other posts. McCain and the House Republican Conservatives now control the agenda.

Well, maybe, but I'm pretty well informed so if I don't know what's going on it's pretty hard to imagine that the casual voter does.

uh, is he or is he not a senator and does he or does he not have a vote and does he or does he not have influence and he is or is he not an experienced senator? his job is to do exactly what he is doing, NOT campaigning at this critical time.

there are probably only a small handful of senators/congress that have the exact educational background for this. so you posit that all the other should STFU and not vote and not do their job? your logic is absurd.

I thought he lost the race when Palin was nominated?

Wait, I thought he lost the race when Hillary wouldn't get out?

Wait, wait, I remember, he lost the race when he announced his candidacy as a black man named Barack Hussein Obama....

Look at it like another straw has been added to all of the above.

Well, personally I think it helps to get the facts first hand and not by word of mouth, it also helps to be in the room to get the gist of the attitudes and buttheadedness.. I'm glad he's there. That's Presidential.

yup, obammy only knows how to campaign, he's scared witless to get off the campaign trail

I reluctantly have to disagree with out on this one Paul. I want Both presidential candidates chest deep in every aspect of this bail-out...one of them is going to have to finance the U.S. government will paying the piper on whatever deal comes out on top. This is one of the few advantage of having legislative experience over executive experience.

So get your rear ends in there and legislate...What I don't want to here from a candidate for the highest office in the land is "I won't be coming in to the office today, but feel free to call me if you need me".

I respect that opinion. I just don't agree with suspending the campaign and avoiding the debate. There's plenty of time for him to have his say when the bill is on the floor. At that time he can use his influence to lobby his colleagues to kill it and start over if he doesn't like what he sees.

I respect that opinion. I just don't agree with suspending the campaign and avoiding the debate. There's plenty of time for him to have his say when the bill is on the floor. At that time he can use his influence to lobby his colleagues to kill it and start over if he doesn't like what he sees.

Except Bush, Paulsen and Dodd were saying a bill needed to be done by the end of this week - tomorrow.

You mean all those other "greatest crisises since the depression?"

Well financial there hasn't been that many crisises since the depression.

How about The War in Iraq? Oh wait, McCain doesn't want to make a troop withdrawal plan but will somehow have us out by 2013.

Isn't that also ironic that 2013 is around the date for the NEXT election? :eusa_whistle:

uh, is he or is he not a senator and does he or does he not have a vote and does he or does he not have influence and he is or is he not an experienced senator? his job is to do exactly what he is doing, NOT campaigning at this critical time.

there are probably only a small handful of senators/congress that have the exact educational background for this. so you posit that all the other should STFU and not vote and not do their job? your logic is absurd.

You haven't been following this thread closely enough, Yurt. I've mentioned multiple times that his JOB is to debate a bill on the floor, and vote on it. We're not at that point yet with this, as the bill is still being constructed among the pertinent financial heads.

If this were a military matter, him being a ranking member of the Armed Services Committee would render him a useful part of the process of constructing a bill.

obama called this the greatest crisis since the depression...and you think an effing debate (which can be postponed a few days) and campaigning are more important....

amazing

where was obammy on the 10 townhall style debates paul?

Except Bush, Paulsen and Dodd were saying a bill needed to be done by the end of this week - tomorrow.

Ok, so if the bill makes it out of committee and onto the floor tomorrow, then he is now relevant. Somehow I doubt that's going to happen by tomorrow.

You haven't been following this thread closely enough, Yurt. I've mentioned multiple times that his JOB is to debate a bill on the floor, and vote on it. We're not at that point yet with this, as the bill is still being constructed among the pertinent financial heads.

If this were a military matter, him being a ranking member of the Armed Services Committee would render him a useful part of the process of constructing a bill.

try answering the full post...

obama called this the greatest crisis since the depression...and you think an effing debate (which can be postponed a few days) and campaigning are more important....

amazing

where was obammy on the 10 townhall style debates paul?

It's less about the debate being more important, and more about him not having any business being a part of the construction and brokering of a bill he has no educational background on. With the economy hanging in the balance, I don't want people with no knowledge of the specifics being involved.

try answering the full post...

Yes, I do posit that. And that's exactly how it should happen. The rest of the congress can have their say when the bill hits the floor, at which time they can either agree on it, debate it, kill it, vote on it, etc.

That's the legislative process.

Yes, I do posit that. And that's exactly how it should happen. The rest of the congress can have their say when the bill hits the floor, at which time they can either agree on it, debate it, kill it, vote on it, etc.

That's the legislative process.

You're ruling out back room wheeling and dealing ???? :eusa_eh:

you're really naive regarding politics, paulitics....

you don't need to be an expert on the subject matter to do your JOB of being a senator and working out the bills, getting people to work it out as a SENIOR senator. as was pointed out in another post, mccain swore an oath to do his job.

you political hacks are funny, you bash him for not voting since april, and then bash him for coming to washington in a national crisis...

Forum List

Back