Obama just lost the election.

You are forwarding Democratic and major media propaganda. The House Minority Leader stated he had not been contacted about any deal. Not one Republican House member was on board.

The Democratic leadership was not going to go forward with loaning Wall Street 700 billion dollars unless the House Republicans were on board even if they had enough Democratic votes to do so. It would have been political suicide.

According Bob Schieffer of CBS News Paulsen is the one who called McCain and pleaded with him to come to DC to save the bill by getting the conservative wing of the House on board.

Obama blew it.

He sold Babe Ruth for a cheap political shot.

Because Paulsen has made such sound judgement in decisions so far? That he was in the right for pleading with McCain to come to DC to save the bill so all his wall street buddies can get $140 billion dollars in salaries?

John McCain votes for this bailout the way it was set up; it's political suicide.

Last edited:
what on earth are you talking about?

he should have let mccain call the shots?

lol... yeah, right... you guys don't stop playing the ref, do ya?

THIS ISN"T A SPORTING EVENT.

Now McCain is calling the shots!

The Democrats will not sign a bill to give 700 Billion to Wall Street without full Republican support. It will be suicide to do so. The Democrats are now going to have to pretty much do as McCain the Conservative wing of the Republican party say or they'll get no bill and get the blame.

It's checkmate. Don't you understand???

Obama could have been part of that solution. Now he is on the sidelines.

You're thinking like a New York fan who still says "Red Sucks" while the Sox are in the playoffs and the Yankees are going home.

Wake up. Obama blew it. All he had to do was tell McCain that putting "politics aside for a few days was a good idea, let's roll up our sleeves and go solve this problem". If he had done that he probably would have been the next President of United States. But instead he played politics.

The Red Sox and No, No Nanette are intertwined forever. Obama will be intertwined with, "call me if you need any help". Trust me. It'll be in the history books along side Gore's sighs. A staggering miscalculation.

Yeah, the only problem is that neither of them have the monetary education and expertise required to be relevant in this process. Their jobs are to debate floor issues and vote. Neither is a member of a financial committee, so they serve no purpose in the early part of this process.

I'd love for you to explain comprehensively how either of them have any business getting involved in such an acute financial matter such as this.

Riddle me this, riddle me that, which financial committees is McCain on?

The answer to this riddle is: Zero

:eusa_whistle:

The nominee of a party has huge influence on his party in a political year. McCain is using that influence. Obama did not. Use it or lose it. Obama blew it.

Yeah, the only problem is that neither of them have the monetary education and expertise required to be relevant in this process. Their jobs are to debate floor issues and vote. Neither is a member of a financial committee, so they serve no purpose in the early part of this process.

I'd love for you to explain comprehensively how either of them have any business getting involved in such an acute financial matter such as this.

Good luck Paulitics, I haven't gotten a answer yet of what financial expertise McCain has to make such decisions.

He's not on one financial committee, this is all one big political ploy by the McCain Campaign.

It's also a excuse to try and cancel the VP debate as Sarah Palin is also suspending her campaign. :eusa_whistle:

Another thing that occurs to me is that as we go day to day without anything solved, with markets fairly stable, and businesses still plodding along, people will realize the 'urgency' argument was hot air.

To quote Rumsfeld Henny Penny the sky is falling.

Maybe it is too advanced for me.

To me it looks like McCain threw a monkeywrench into a process that no one liked, and made it worse. And it looks like he did it to get out of the debates, and to get his VP pick out of next week's debate.

It looks pretty transparent, but we'll see how it goes.

You're simply repeating what you hear talking heads on TV say. There was no deal. Read my other posts. McCain and the House Republican Conservatives now control the agenda.

The nominee of a party has huge influence on his party in a political year. McCain is using that influence. Obama did not. Use it or lose it. Obama blew it.

This isn't body parts we're talking about, this is our country's economy.

McCain is using that influence to get his buddies on Wall Street $140 billion dollars in their salaries? Sounds like a good vote come November huh? :cuckoo:

So in a time like this where the state of the economy hangs in the balance, you'd rather the candidates use their "influence" by getting involved in a matter they have no educational background in.

Sounds like you're advocating that Country First become Politics First.

Good luck Paulitics, I haven't gotten a answer yet of what financial expertise McCain has to make such decisions.

He's not on one financial committee, this is all one big political ploy by the McCain Campaign.

It's also a excuse to try and cancel the VP debate as Sarah Palin is also suspending her campaign. :eusa_whistle:

I basically agree about it being a political ploy but make no mistake...Obama has no business being there either.

I basically agree about it being a political ploy but make no mistake...Obama has no business being there either.

I agree, Obama has no business being there either.

But McCain being in charge of the economy is just a fucking scary thought.

This is the guy who wishes that interest rates were zero %. :cuckoo:

So in a time like this where the state of the economy hangs in the balance, you'd rather the candidates use their "influence" by getting involved in a matter they have no educational background in.

Sounds like you're advocating that Country First become Politics First.

:clap2:

Thank you.

If anything it was an all in bet that Obama would play politics. Obama did. Game over.

Wrong. Want to know why? Because the uncommitted voters aren't watching McCain's games, they're watching Wall Street and wondering about how it's going to be solved. They know McCain is playing politics. He's toast.

McCain is using that influence to get his buddies on Wall Street $140 billion dollars in their salaries? Sounds like a good vote come November huh? :cuckoo:

IS he really? What are the details of the bailout plan he supports (if any) ?

You're really not paying attention. It's Bush, Obama,Pelosi, Redi, Dodd and Franks who are trying to shove this bill through.

Watch for McCain to modify it to a loan (big difference then thew government buying securities) but much smaller and to change the Mark to Market ratio. That's my prediction. If McCain accomplishes that he will be national hero and rightfully so.

New Topics

Forum List

Back