Obama "Joker" posters popping up in L.A.

When wasn't it "open season" on Obama??? The irony is the more people push against this administration for stupidly unimportant reasons, the more we will push back. Bring it on.

Oh wahhhh.

It was "open season" on President Bush BEFORE he even took office. That was okay, then, since it was liberals doing the trashing.

Now that it is being done in a similar way to President Obama (but a much smaller scale since the LMSM is obviously not on board for going after President Obama like they were for going after President Bush), it is suddenly offensive behavior.

Sorry. It isn't possible to take that kind of whining seriously in light of its underlying hypocritical basis.

And the ones doing the "pushing" are the folks supporting everything proposed by President Obama. All you are seeing from the right is an effort to push back a bit. And even THAT you guys find alarming. :cuckoo:

And then there are those adults (like me) who are so uninterested in fantasy movies, etc., that we didn't even know who Heath Ledger was until he died.

I find that hard to believe, even I saw Brokeback Mountain. And let's not forget Ledger's turn as Mel Gibson's oldest son in The Patriot. And Monster's Ball, he was very good in that film as well...

Just when you think the idiots on the Left Coast are all a bunch of unknowing liberals, somebody does something to make you take a second thought... Looks to me like at least somebody in California has a clue as to what Obama's all about.

Oh gawd, you guys are hilarious!! Do you honestly expect anyone to believe that doctored stuff like that is something "new"????? It's just the "latest" is all.

Yet another example of the growing undercurrent of dissatisfaction against Obama.

He is quickly becoming the cartoonish caricature being represented in those posters...

I've been doing my serendipitous calculations, figuring that President Obama won by 7%, and if a mere 4% change their minds, he loses the next election.

But I've always thought that the 4% would come for the 'moderates.'

If there is trouble on the left coast, he may be in worse condition than I thought.

Well gee, since Bush won his first election by a USSC decision, and yet won reelection, that kinda shoots holes in your "serendipitous calculations."

Yet another example of the growing undercurrent of dissatisfaction against Obama.

He is quickly becoming the cartoonish caricature being represented in those posters...

I've been doing my serendipitous calculations, figuring that President Obama won by 7%, and if a mere 4% change their minds, he loses the next election.

If there is trouble on the left coast, he may be in worse condition than I thought.

Well gee, since Bush won his first election by a USSC decision, and yet won reelection, that kinda shoots holes in your "serendipitous calculations."

Bush had more votes than Gore in Florida.

You can thank the raid on the Elian Gonzalez house over Easter Weekend for Gore losing Florida

Wrong. Since the vote tally in Florida was challenged in COURT, no matter which side "won" the election would have had to have had a SCOTUS decision to retain it. So your CLAIM that President Bush won the first election by a [Supreme Court] decision is clearly disingenuous. Actually, President Bush won the first election by winning the clear and simple majority of the votes cast in the Electoral College.

When wasn't it "open season" on Obama??? The irony is the more people push against this administration for stupidly unimportant reasons, the more we will push back. Bring it on.

Oh wahhhh.

It was "open season" on President Bush BEFORE he even took office. That was okay, then, since it was liberals doing the trashing.

Now that it is being done in a similar way to President Obama (but a much smaller scale since the LMSM is obviously not on board for going after President Obama like they were for going after President Bush), it is suddenly offensive behavior.

Sorry. It isn't possible to take that kind of whining seriously in light of its underlying hypocritical basis.

And the ones doing the "pushing" are the folks supporting everything proposed by President Obama. All you are seeing from the right is an effort to push back a bit. And even THAT you guys find alarming. :cuckoo:

Very funny. If you guys didn't have the Internet expansion at your waiting fingers, I would agree with you. But the Bush Bashing was mild in comparison. And guess what...you (collectively) pushed back. This is an endless civil war of tit for tat.

And then there are those adults (like me) who are so uninterested in fantasy movies, etc., that we didn't even know who Heath Ledger was until he died.

I find that hard to believe, even I saw Brokeback Mountain. And let's not forget Ledger's turn as Mel Gibson's oldest son in The Patriot. And Monster's Ball, he was very good in that film as well...

I saw all three, but I simply don't recall Heath Ledger as such a standout as, say, Johnny Depp or Leonardo DeCaprio who are impressive no matter what they do. But that said, I'm willing to admit it's probably just me.

Bush had more votes than Gore in Florida.

You can thank the raid on the Elian Gonzalez house over Easter Weekend for Gore losing Florida

That wasn't my point. Read PC's first.

Oh wahhhh.

Very funny. If you guys didn't have the Internet expansion at your waiting fingers, I would agree with you. But the Bush Bashing was mild in comparison. And guess what...you (collectively) pushed back. This is an endless civil war of tit for tat.

The Bush Bashing was never mild. The criticisms of President Obama is the only thing "mild" -- and that's in comparison to the mindless lunatic rantings from the left, including the LMSM.

The comparison between President Bush and one of the most truly depraved evil mass murdering monsters in history is "mild" according to libs. :cuckoo:

But a comparison between President Obama and a comic book villian from a recent movie is "harsh." Yeah. Right. :cuckoo:

I DID hear one funny thing this morning. The guy on the radio (an AP News commentator I believe) said that the comparison between President Obama and the Joker wasn't fair. He said one loathed rich people and burned huge piles of money. The other fought Batman.

:lol:

Have you seen this poster?

The unsaid sub-heading or the subtitle seems be "The Jokes on You America". The image is powerful indeed, far more effective than a chimpanzee cartoon for the former president Bush could ever have been, because in effect, those poked fun at all the common people who, like him, may not have been supremely eloquent with the Endlish language.

Maggie, Heath Ledger is unimportant in this poster signage. It's the image of the Joker which is intended to provoke emotion, attitude, or concern. Some of these posters have the 666 (sign of the beast) code too; that to me is more about "He's got your number" than any sort of religious implication.

Here's one interpretation of the Joker in "The Dark Knight:"
The "Joker is not played for laughs by the late Ledger but rather as a character who believes in tipping the scales of structure and balance. He is not in it for the money (which is emphasized in a scene that will be truly difficult for a capitalist to watch) but rather is an instigator and a threat to the goal of a morally structured world. Things are not simply black and white and the character of The Joker is quick to point this out. He alters certain individual’s perceptions and forces them to become entities of their psyche that they may not want to admit they possess. Though his screen time presence is lacking, during the times in which he does appear onscreen becomes a highly intoxicating treat and truly works as the best moments of this film. He is utterly unforgettable and, dare one say it, the best Joker ever."

Read more: A Film Analysis of The Dark Knight: Christian Bale and Heath Ledger Star In Batman Begins Sequel | Suite101.com

That is pretty funny, I especailly liked the 'dangerous' part.

The real lauch was the Obama group saying that it goes to far, the same kind of people that waved bush/hitler pictures think this is too much! :lol:

This quote is on the money:

'Open mockery of Barack Obama, as disillusionment sets in with the man, his policies, and the phony image of a race-healing, brilliant, scholarly middle-of-the-roader.'

I still say that watever group organized it consists of a bunch of cowards. Probably a corporate-controlled PAC hiring teens without summer jobs.

I still say that watever group organized it consists of a bunch of cowards. Probably a corporate-controlled PAC hiring teens without summer jobs.
You seem to be saying that spontaneity is outside the capacity of people who would oppose the Obama administration's recent radical proposals. I think you give Corp. PACs entirely too much credit, and the opposition too little.

And cowards? Maybe their fear is based on a sound evaluation of the adminstration's capacity for narrowing it's focus against very outspoken dissenters; one reason is that the Obama adminstration has asked that those who are vocal in their opposition to the proposed healthcare changes be identified.

Last edited:
That is pretty funny, I especailly liked the 'dangerous' part.

The real lauch was the Obama group saying that it goes to far, the same kind of people that waved bush/hitler pictures think this is too much! :lol:

This quote is on the money:

'Open mockery of Barack Obama, as disillusionment sets in with the man, his policies, and the phony image of a race-healing, brilliant, scholarly middle-of-the-roader.'

Once again I will post this, this is far worse then ANYTHING that has been printed about Obama Bin Laden.

There,s a man we all know
Looks like his dad and has got lot,s of dough
He comes from Texas and he runs the show
He,s got more money then you,ll ever see
That,s why he wants the presidency
To stretch that all mighty dollar from sea to shining sea
He says that he,s not religious
He,s just puttin, his faith in the lord
Hey why take chances when your after your final reward?
Well if prayin, has made him successful
Then hell, I,ll give it a try

So I,m prayin, I,m prayin,
I,m prayin, up to the sky
I,m prayin, I,m prayin,
I,m prayin, for George Bush to die

He,s got rich friend waiting at home
They know what they want and know who they own
Why pay a tithe when you can pay for the throne?
Cuz ruling the world,s a numbers game
Just ask the meek and the sick and the lame
Cuz they can,t get past the guards down on country club lane
Now he says that he,s got compassion
As much as money can buy
Just don,t hold your breath while your waiting for the pigs to fly by

Love and praise and innocence are like the presidency
The more you pay to get ,em the less that they mean

Rich men with problems in Texas all know
[ Fuck George Bush Like His Dad Did lyrics from Music Lyrics Now - Song Lyrics ]
Just ask Boy George he won,t say no
Unless of course you,re an inmate waiting on death row
It might be youthful indiscretion
But what that means nobody knows
It must be the savings and loan he put up his nose

Now he says he,s ready to lead us
At much more than 10 cents a dance
But who,s really paying the tune
While we watch Georgie prance?

I think of Thomas Jefferson
It makes me want to cry
To think that the chair he sat in, someone could buy

George wears his faith like a money belt
But I,ll pray to mad Tom instead
Please come back Tom and save us from King George again and his friends

If praying made George successful
Oh hell I,ll give it a try

I,m prayin, I,m praying
I,m prayin, up to the sky
I,m prayin, I,m praying
I,m prayin, for George Bush to die
I,m prayin, sing it
I,m prayin,
I,m prayin, like it,s going out of style
I,m prayin, ya I,m prayin,
For George Bush to die

Fuck George Bush Like His Dad Did lyrics by INSANE CLOWN POSSE - MusicLyricsNow.net

Oh wahhhh.

The Bush Bashing was never mild. The criticisms of President Obama is the only thing "mild" -- and that's in comparison to the mindless lunatic rantings from the left, including the LMSM.

The comparison between President Bush and one of the most truly depraved evil mass murdering monsters in history is "mild" according to libs. :cuckoo:

But a comparison between President Obama and a comic book villian from a recent movie is "harsh." Yeah. Right. :cuckoo:

I DID hear one funny thing this morning. The guy on the radio (an AP News commentator I believe) said that the comparison between President Obama and the Joker wasn't fair. He said one loathed rich people and burned huge piles of money. The other fought Batman.

:lol:

The comparison of Bush to Hitler, at least in the blogs and message boards I was reading at the time, referred only to the potential march across the Mideast and Southeast Asia as a result of the agenda contained in the Project for a New American Century and mirrored by the "Bush Doctrine" (the 2002 National Security Strategy) of preemption by military strikes. It was compared to Hitler's march across Europe in the mid 1930's.

Comparing Bush to Hitler had nothing to do with anti-Semitism, the holocaust, or fascism as a political philosophy of national ownership of private industry.

You seem to be saying that spontaneity is outside the capacity of people who would oppose the Obama administration's recent radical proposals. I think you give Corp. PACs entirely too much credit, and the opposition too little.

And cowards? Maybe their fear is based on a sound evaluation of the adminstration's capacity for narrowing it's focus against very outspoken dissenters; one reason is that the Obama adminstration has asked that those who are vocal in their opposition to the proposed healthcare changes be identified.

What? Link please. If the administration even asked that at all, they probably would like to know who, in Congress, might be mounting a campaign of disinformation. Otherwise, all they need to do is turn on the television or radio.

Forum List

Back