Obama "Joker" posters popping up in L.A.

My only objection is the mis-use of one of the most awesome movie villains to make a political point in a seeming non-sequitur.

What does the absolute nihilistic and anarchist Joker as played by Ledger have to do with Obama's policies?

And why the 666?

Surely someone could have come up with something better.

Other than that, rock on free speech and feel free to ridicule those in positions of power.

"Movie villian"? Wow ... even I know he's a much older character than that.

Me too, I was directly referencing how Ledger played him, as an absolute anarchist whose only goal was to eliminate all government and order as a means to bring chaos which he deemed as the natural and proper order of things, which is a radical departure from the typical "Joker".

Like I said, on the one hand Obama is a "statist" who wants to expand government on the other he's an anarchist bent on destroying all government.

It's a satirical non-sequitur.

My only objection is the mis-use of one of the most awesome movie villains to make a political point in a seeming non-sequitur.

What does the absolute nihilistic and anarchist Joker as played by Ledger have to do with Obama's policies?

And why the 666?

Surely someone could have come up with something better.

Other than that, rock on free speech and feel free to ridicule those in positions of power.

Me too, I was directly referencing how Ledger played him, as an absolute anarchist whose only goal was to eliminate all government and order as a means to bring chaos which he deemed as the natural and proper order of things, which is a radical departure from the typical "Joker".

Like I said, on the one hand Obama is a "statist" who wants to expand government on the other he's an anarchist bent on destroying all government.

That wasn't the real Joker ;)

Well, the Bob Kane original portrayals of the entire genre were rather cartoons.

I think the most recent portrayal of the Joker was the most realistic and best.*

*I am not a comic book dork, so if you are, please don't slam me for my opinion.

Well, the Bob Kane original portrayals of the entire genre were rather cartoons.

I think the most recent portrayal of the Joker was the most realistic and best.*

*I am not a comic book dork, so if you are, please don't slam me for my opinion.

Actually, I was talking about the character. The true Joker is simply insane with revenge on the mind, all he wanted was to kill, he just had fun doing it. The "Beyond" Joker was a gang leader who idolized the original, and the movie based on "Beyond" was a shadow of that one.

Actually, I was talking about the character. The true Joker is simply insane with revenge on the mind, all he wanted was to kill, he just had fun doing it. The "Beyond" Joker was a gang leader who idolized the original, and the movie based on "Beyond" was a shadow of that one.

You missed my * didn't you?

:razz:

You missed my * didn't you?

:razz:

Trust me, I am not "slamming" you. ;)

I am just naturally arrogant about things I know something about.

Did you dress up for ComicCon?

:razz::razz::razz:

I don't like the pop scene, even for computers, much less comics. I was never a huge fan myself really, just had a really close friend who died that was a huge fan, had all X-Men, Batman, and Superman comics. Hang out enough with someone like that and you pick up a few things. The Joker always intrigued me, the perfect villain in the comics IMO, so I retained those facts. He was like a humorous Hannibal.

I don't like the pop scene, even for computers, much less comics. I was never a huge fan myself really, just had a really close friend who died that was a huge fan, had all X-Men, Batman, and Superman comics. Hang out enough with someone like that and you pick up a few things. The Joker always intrigued me, the perfect villain in the comics IMO, so I retained those facts. He was like a humorous Hannibal.

Fair enough. I was just looking for an excuse to razz you.

I will stop the threadjack.

Fair enough. I was just looking for an excuse to razz you.

I will stop the threadjack.

Meh ... not much going on anyway and it's close enough to the topic to be relevant. I do see it as more of an insult to the Joker to have Obama's likeness as well, that and the shaman one, with Obama I just can't think of anything lower right now.

When wasn't it "open season" on Obama??? The irony is the more people push against this administration for stupidly unimportant reasons, the more we will push back. Bring it on.

Have you seen this poster?

The unsaid sub-heading or the subtitle seems be "The Jokes on You America". The image is powerful indeed, far more effective than a chimpanzee cartoon for the former president Bush could ever have been, because in effect, those poked fun at all the common people who, like him, may not have been supremely eloquent with the Endlish language.

And then there are those adults (like me) who are so uninterested in fantasy movies, etc., that we didn't even know who Heath Ledger was until he died.

Obama's supporters are quickly realizing that they were tricked and there is no HOPE AND CHANGE and that they were tricked and elected this joker!!!!

You wish. Any "supporters" you speak off are questioning the health care issue, period. They're still alive and kicking--many of whom are Independents who wouldn't vote for another Republican if Ronald Reagan arose from his grave.

Forum List

Back