Obama: Jobs report is ‘modestly encouraging’

Last time I checked, the Labor Department is under the authority of the executive branch, and the executive branch is headed by the President, who remarkably, lives in a place called the White House.

But of course, you already knew that . . . I hope.

The white house got the numbers from the non-farm data released by the BLS Employment Situation Summary
You're kidding, right?

BLS = Bureau of Labor Statistics

The Bureau of Labor Statistics is under the U.S. Department of Labor.

Also, in general, it is unwise to cite a link with a .gov ending and call it an independent study of some kind.

Thats where Obama's white house got the numbers from. Are you dense? You asked where the numbers came from and I told you. I didn't make any other claims.

Last time I checked, the Labor Department is under the authority of the executive branch, and the executive branch is headed by the President, who remarkably, lives in a place called the White House.

But of course, you already knew that . . . I hope.

Are you saying the numbers are fake?
Not fake, but manipulated.

Read my original post on the first page.

Every administration does these sorts of tricks.

With Bush, it was leaving the cost of the wars off the books and now with Obama, it's manipulating the unemployment figures to reflect some sort of non-existent "turnaround".

Regardless, it carries on the trend of decreasing job loss numbers for the last six months. A year ago we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. Last month it was 11,000. Are you saying its all fake?

The white house got the numbers from the non-farm data released by the BLS Employment Situation Summary
You're kidding, right?

BLS = Bureau of Labor Statistics

The Bureau of Labor Statistics is under the U.S. Department of Labor.

Also, in general, it is unwise to cite a link with a .gov ending and call it an independent study of some kind.

Thats where Obama's white house got the numbers from. Are you dense? You asked where the numbers came from and I told you. I didn't make any other claims.
You're calling me dense?

Quote this question that I supposedly asked.

rightwinger said:
Regardless, it carries on the trend of decreasing job loss numbers for the last six months. A year ago we were losing 750,000 jobs a month. Last month it was 11,000. Are you saying its all fake?

That's like saying we're in hell but it's getting a little cooler.

"Hey folks, I know they told us that unemployment would never surpass 8% but at least we're losing jobs at a slower rate even though we're at 10% now."

Such commentary puts the embarrassingly false optimism of Biden to shame.

Forum List

Back