Obama: Jobs report is ‘modestly encouraging’

Prediction time...Look for this White House along with Ben Bernanke to shave that number down to around 5 or 6% just in time for the coming Elections next year. Those numbers will be Bull Chit just like these current numbers are. What a scam.

Obama: Jobs report is ‘modestly encouraging’ - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

The unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 10 percent last month, from 10.2 percent in October, as employers cut the fewest number of jobs since the recession began. The better-than-expected figures provided a rare dose of good news for a labor market that's lost 7.2 million jobs in two years.

The average work week also rose, along with average earnings. And the Labor Department said 159,000 fewer jobs were lost in September and October than first reported.

This is NOT good news for the GOP....

Wait for it....here comes the spin....5....4....3...2...1

It is good news that we didn't lose as many jobs as predicted.

I'll celebrate when we actually gain jobs in a month though. In my line of work there is no reason to celebrate until net Jobs are created not when net jobs are lost.

The unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 10 percent last month, from 10.2 percent in October, as employers cut the fewest number of jobs since the recession began. The better-than-expected figures provided a rare dose of good news for a labor market that's lost 7.2 million jobs in two years.

The average work week also rose, along with average earnings. And the Labor Department said 159,000 fewer jobs were lost in September and October than first reported.

I'll celebrate when we actually gain jobs in a month though. In my line of work there is no reason to celebrate until net Jobs are created not when net jobs are lost.

I can agree - modestly encouraging. Not party time.

It's just kinda funny watching the bugs crawl out from the wood-work to try to spin the instant they think some cautious optimism may be brewing.

This is fair and I will celebrate along with you!

This is getting to be comic opera, Barry and his minons release rosey press releases and his hopeless followers flock to it as if its some kind of triumph.

It reminds of people grasping at anything because they so hope it will be better, now where did I see this before?

Oh yes, it was the Bushbots before Barry.

Yes,magically and mysteriously their Unemployment Numbers will suddenly be around 5 or 6% just in time for the Elections next year. Bernanke and this White House are already working feverishly on that scam. Look for more Book-Cooking from these guys. We'll just have to wait and see if Americans buy into their scam in coming Elections. Hmm?

This is getting to be comic opera, Barry and his minons release rosey press releases and his hopeless followers flock to it as if its some kind of triumph.

It reminds of people grasping at anything because they so hope it will be better, now where did I see this before?

Oh yes, it was the Bushbots before Barry.

Thank you and yor avatar for visiting my thread..

I don't care who is running the show - encouraging news is encouraging news. Not poping the top on any bubbly - but it IS modestly encouraging.

It's just funny to see how desperately some folks are to try to convince others that it is NOT modestly encouraging news. After having crapped all over the market rebound (and how much money that returned to so many people's retirement and investment accounts) and desperately tried to get people to put more weight in employment figures instead, I guess they feel their political livlihood really does depend on crapping on modestly encouraging news.

for those who think this was a seasonal bump keep this thread in mind on feburary 5th when the january employment numbers are released.

Or you can wait until april's numbers in june when seasonal work starts up again and a lot of people go back to work for the summer.

except the numbers didn't come from the white house ...
ooops

but don't let the facts get in the way of a good whine
Last time I checked, the Labor Department is under the authority of the executive branch, and the executive branch is headed by the President, who remarkably, lives in a place called the White House.

But of course, you already knew that . . . I hope.

Last edited:
ooops

Last time I checked, the Labor Department is under the authority of the executive branch, and the executive branch is headed by the President, who remarkably, lives in a place called the White House.

Are you saying the numbers are fake?

ooops

Are you saying the numbers are fake?
Not fake, but manipulated.

Read my original post on the first page.

Every administration does these sorts of tricks.

With Bush, it was leaving the cost of the wars off the books and now with Obama, it's manipulating the unemployment figures to reflect some sort of non-existent "turnaround".

ooops

The white house got the numbers from the non-farm data released by the BLS Employment Situation Summary

ooops

The white house got the numbers from the non-farm data released by the BLS Employment Situation Summary
You're kidding, right?

BLS = Bureau of Labor Statistics

The Bureau of Labor Statistics is under the U.S. Department of Labor.

Also, in general, it is unwise to cite a link with a .gov ending and call it an independent study of some kind.

Forum List

Back