Obama: Jobs report is ‘modestly encouraging’

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
Obama: Jobs report is ‘modestly encouraging’ - Stocks & economy- msnbc.com

The unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 10 percent last month, from 10.2 percent in October, as employers cut the fewest number of jobs since the recession began. The better-than-expected figures provided a rare dose of good news for a labor market that's lost 7.2 million jobs in two years.

The average work week also rose, along with average earnings. And the Labor Department said 159,000 fewer jobs were lost in September and October than first reported.

This is NOT good news for the GOP....

Wait for it....here comes the spin....5....4....3...2...1

Encouraging to who? Their numbers are notoriously fraudulent so i wouldn't get too excited over any numbers these guys produce. If they're saying the Unemployment number is 10% then just go ahead and assume it's more like 20%. I don't believe any numbers coming from these guys at this point. Most businesses are still either laying off employees or are in hiring freezes. So their 10% number is total Bull Chit in my humble opinion. It is sad but it is what it is.

Encouraging to who? Their numbers are notoriously fraudulent so i wouldn't get too excited over any numbers these guys produce. If they're saying the Unemployment number is 10% then just go ahead and assume it's more like 20%. I don't believe any numbers coming from these guys at this point. Most businesses are still either laying off employees or are in hiring freezes. So their 10% number is total Bull Chit in my humble opinion. It is sad but it is what it is.

What a dumb ass. You doubt numbers that aren't even put out by the WH, and yet blame the WH for the numbers?

Oh I see - when the numbers are encouraging, we can assume they are fake - but if they are discouraging - oh .... like Rassmussen approval ratings ... then they are trustworthy ...... Like all those "Ron Paul won the debate polls"???????

I can't even pretend to take people like that seriously ....

Libo seems to think that a new way of counting unemployment was developed once Obama took office.

This White House has already been caught cooking the books on several occasions. I'm sure by the time the Elections roll around,they will be out there boasting daily about how wonderful things are. I just can't believe anything coming from this White House or Ben Bernanke at this point. If they're saying the Recession is over and everything is just great then just go ahead and assume that the Recession is definitely not over and everything is far from being great. If they're saying the Unemployment number is 10% then just go ahead and assume the number is more like 20%. It's all just a sad Hopey Changey scam at this point.

Libo seems to think that a new way of counting unemployment was developed once Obama took office.

anything that doesn't show Ron Paul actually won the election is just faked.

What did he get in that last internet poll? 98.7%?????????????????????????????????????????

This White House has already been caught cooking the books on several occasions. I'm sure by the time the Elections roll around,they will be out there boasting daily about how wonderful things are. I just can't believe anything coming from this White House or Ben Bernanke at this point. If they're saying the Recession is over and everything is just great then just go ahead and assume that the Recession is definitely not over and everything is far from being great. If they're saying the Unemployment number is 10% then just go ahead and assume the number is more like 20%. It's all just a sad Hopey Changey scam at this point.

I'm fairly certain I am wasting my time, but is it too much to ask for you to provide proof of this accusation?

Their "Saved" and "Created" Jobs numbers may actually be a bigger hoax and fraud than Global Warming is. Their numbers simply cannot be trusted at this point. Look for them to really ramp up their boasting about how wonderful things are right around Election time. The only question is,will people buy their propaganda? I don't think they will.

Their "Saved" and "Created" Jobs numbers may actually be a bigger hoax and fraud than Global Warming is. Their numbers simply cannot be trusted at this point. Look for them to really ramp up their boasting about how wonderful things are right around Election time. The only question is,will people buy their propaganda? I don't think they will.

Didn't you also think Ron Paul actually had a CHANCE in 2008? Please excuse me if I wipe your opinions off the bottom of my shoe...

No one needs to spin this. Just look at the math.

"The unemployment rate unexpectedly fell to 10 percent last month, from 10.2 percent in October, as employers cut the fewest number of jobs since the recession began. The better-than-expected figures provided a rare dose of good news for a labor market that's lost 7.2 million jobs in two years."

In other words, jobs were still cut from October to November.

"The average work week also rose, along with average earnings. And the Labor Department said 159,000 fewer jobs were lost in September and October than first reported."

Interesting. So their math was apparently "wrong" in September and October and voila, we have an artificial "decrease" in unemployment.

This is quite clever actually. The reported unemployment rate was at 9.8% at the end of September and then 10.2% at the end of October. In reality, had they reported the figures correctly, we would see a trend of increasing unemployment from 9.8 in September to 10.0 in October to a marginal increase in unemployment in November that would not register even a tenth of a percent.

However, we instead got an "oops!" and whoa! lookie here, unemployment is going down!

So, in essence, Obama's brilliant mathematicians at the Labor Department "got the numbers wrong" to create the illusion that unemployment decreased from October to November when in fact it increased regardless of their profoundly egregious math skills in missing 159,000 jobs.

Nice try, White House.

Last edited:
LOL - tell ya what - when non-partisan organizations are providing the numbers - I'll bet people take them a lot more seriously than ..... oh ....... say ....... Ron Paul's jiggered polls.

QUICK, QUICK find a cloud to attach to that silver lining QUICK!!!!!!!

Our political future DEPENDS upon it !!!!!!!!!!

holiday hiring......when it tanks in january what will be the spin....

It actually took a bit longer for the spin to start, but it has started non the less.

are you saying there won't be an increase from holiday terminations....

how much of this drop is attibutable to holiday hiring.....

I don't know where you live, but retail is in the tank so bad in Virginia, there was no holiday hiring....

New Topics

Forum List

Back