Obama Job Killing Regulations

You are already paying for the pollution every year your health care insurance goes up as the result with the skyrocketing cost of health care. The more pollution the higher your health care costs.

Bunk. Pollution has virtually zero affect on my health. The air is quite clean and so is the water we drink.

You do realize when your health care insurance premiums go up, it's reflecting the jump in the cost of health care for everyone and not just you. Plus, you do know that part of the rise in health care costs is due to the uninsured getting treated and that which isn't paid by the uninsured is passed on to all those who have health care insurance.
I thought every one knew these things. So Bripat, the rise in health care cost isn't just about you and your individual health, it's about everybody.

Last edited:
Coal-fired power stations 'poison fish with mercury'

Scientists have found the first proof that dangerous levels of mercury in fish come directly from coal-fired power stations and factories.

They say it takes only three years for particles of the toxic metal to float through the atmosphere after being expelled as a by-product of burning coal, fall into the oceans and contaminate marine life.

The speed of contamination has shocked scientists.

There are also concerns that the increasing number of coal power stations in countries such as China could put the world's health at risk.

Mercury emissions in the atmosphere break down into more toxic methyl mercury. Until now, there has been controversy over how it gets into the food chain.

Scientists from the University of Alberta in Canada proved a direct link with emissions by releasing mercury into a lake in Ontario and measuring the effects over several years.

Researcher Vincent St. Louis said: "We can say conclusively that if you reduce mercury emissions it will result in less mercury in fish."
Scientists from the University of Alberta in Canada proved a direct link with emissions by releasing mercury into a lake in Ontario and measuring the effects over several years.​
All they proved was that scientists released mercury. WTF?

Bullshit study is bullshit.

Scientists have found the first proof that dangerous levels of mercury in fish come directly from coal-fired power stations and factories.

They say it takes only three years for particles of the toxic metal to float through the atmosphere after being expelled as a by-product of burning coal, fall into the oceans and contaminate marine life.

There are also concerns that the increasing number of coal power stations in countries such as China could put the world's health at risk.

Mercury emissions in the atmosphere break down into more toxic methyl mercury. Until now, there has been controversy over how it gets into the food chain.

Scientists from the University of Alberta in Canada proved a direct link with emissions by releasing mercury into a lake in Ontario and measuring the effects over several years.

Researcher Vincent St. Louis said: "We can say conclusively that if you reduce mercury emissions it will result in less mercury in fish."
Scientists from the University of Alberta in Canada proved a direct link with emissions by releasing mercury into a lake in Ontario and measuring the effects over several years.​

This is pretty enlightening. Liberals and conservatives used to argue about global warming, but I assumed conservatives held the same beliefs about pollution. I was wrong. There is something seroiusly wrong with you right wing turds... And I have so much contempt for you in particular because you are a fucking liar. You 'claim' you were once a Democrat...Bullshit is BULLSHIT.

This is pretty enlightening. Liberals and conservatives used to argue about global warming, but I assumed conservatives held the same beliefs about pollution. I was wrong. There is something seroiusly wrong with you right wing turds... And I have so much contempt for you in particular because you are a fucking liar. You 'claim' you were once a Democrat...Bullshit is BULLSHIT.
My goodness, you're an emotional little girl, aren't you? :lol:

Read your idiot article again. The scientists put mercury in the water. How does that prove that power plants do?

Hint: It doesn't. Moron.

Yes, I used to be a Democrat. Your pathetic little tantrum in no way changes that fact. As I started paying more attention to what was going on, I found I was becoming more conservative.

Read your idiot article again. The scientists put mercury in the water. How does that prove that power plants do?

Yes, I used to be a Democrat. Your pathetic little tantrum in no way changes that fact. As I started paying more attention to what was going on, I found I was becoming more conservative.

Dave also use to work as a fry cook, but he doesn't anymore. Now he's unemployed.

You focused on a Washington Post article that doesn't tell the whole story.

Like the fact that new regulations are making it impossible for them the build new coal-fired plants. It only mentions that it is shutting down because of new regulations, even though the plant is out dated and a new one needs to be built to replace it......but can't be due to the new regulations and because of leftist groups like the Sierra Club.

Here's a story that explains this:

Amid criticism from environmentalists, a power plant developer said Monday it would suspend plans for a new coal-fired unit in northeastern Arkansas for at least five years and stop efforts altogether to build a facility in southern Georgia.

LS Power Group of New York said it had reached an agreement with the Sierra Club to temporarily halt its effort to build a 665-megawatt Plum Point II power plant near Osceola, Ark., north of Memphis, Tenn., and permanently give up plans to build the 1,200-megawatt Longleaf Energy Station near Blakely in far southwestern Georgia.

“We’ve agreed not to resubmit plans for at least five years,” LS Power representative George Sciencki said Monday evening after the Sierra Club’s announcement. “The intent at Plum Point is a five-year hold.” He said poor market conditions made it easy to agree to the delay.

But Glen Hooks, spokesman for the Sierra Club in Little Rock, said the delay is as good as a death sentence for the Arkansas plant.

“It’s effectively the same thing,” Hooks said. “No matter what kind of spin they want to put on it, this plant is not going to be built.”

Company Suspends Plan for Northeast Arkansas Power Plant | GPACE

An Associated Press analysis has found that more than 32 mostly coal-fired power plants in a dozen states will be forced to close because of the new, more stringent regulations. Another 36 plants are at risk of closing.

No lights will go dark. But the Environmental Protection Agency has estimated that 14.7 gigawatts -- enough power for more than 11 million households -- will be retired from the power grid in the 2014-15 period when the rules take effect. One rule curbs air pollution in states downwind from dirty power plants. Another sets first standards for mercury and other toxic pollutants from smokestacks.

Read more: Obama Power Plant Regulations Zapping Small Town USA - Federal Regulations - Fox Nation

Neither you or the OP focuses on the true causes and effects of the power loss that is expected. Both of you are only focusing on why the plants are closing. Why new plants aren't being allowed to be built is also part of the story.

The point of all of this is Obama is trying to slowly boost the cost of energy in this country and he is trying to make us more dependent on other sources. His energy policies are short-sighted if not outright dangerous to our national security.

Actually, I've read a couple versions of this story. They're all basically the same with only minor differences. However, one thing they all have in common is that none of them mention the Obama regulation(s) that are causing the closing and preventing new plants from being built. I understand there are regulations in place, but who put them in place? Absolutely no one is showing that. And in this thread, no one is even trying. No one is even pointing out which regulation(s) we're talking about!

How can you blame Obama for regulations with no proof and no talk about which regulations? That's just misplaced anger.

You are already paying for the pollution every year your health care insurance goes up as the result with the skyrocketing cost of health care. The more pollution the higher your health care costs.

Bunk. Pollution has virtually zero affect on my health. The air is quite clean and so is the water we drink.

You do realize when your health care insurance premiums go up, it's reflecting the jump in the cost of health care for everyone and not just you. Plus, you do know that part of the rise in health care costs is due to the uninsured getting treated and that which isn't paid by the uninsured is passed on to all those who have health care insurance.
I thought every one knew these things. So Bripat, the rise in health care cost isn't just about you and your individual health, it's about everybody.

Even if that were true (which is isn't. It's also bunk) what does it have to do with pollution?

The main thing making the cost of healthcare go up is government.

Even if that were true (which is isn't. It's also bunk) what does it have to do with pollution?

The main thing making the cost of healthcare go up is government.

Ok now I'm convinced that you're just a troll. No one is actually that dumb. You intentionally disagree with things that are just flat out common knowledge just to get a rise out of people. There is no other possible explanation. No one is this dumb.

Ok now I'm convinced that you're just a troll. No one is actually that dumb. You intentionally disagree with things that are just flat out common knowledge just to get a rise out of people. There is no other possible explanation. No one is this dumb.

"Common knowledge" among liberals is 99% horseshit. You've been listening to your own bullshit for so long that you've come to believe it.

Nov. 30 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama, criticized by Republicans for slowing job growth by over regulating, has weakened proposed rules at a greater rate than President George W. Bush, according to a new study.

The White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs changed 76 percent of agency rules submitted for review under Obama, compared with 64 percent under his Republican predecessor, according to the study from the Center for Progressive Reform. Obama also has ignored requirements that he disclose documents exchanged between OIRA and federal agencies, the report said.

Obama Is Watering Down Regulations More Than Bush, Study Shows - Businessweek

He's also shrunk the government by 500,000.

The truth is that many regulations actually come from the courts.

Don't you wish these right wingers weren't so stupid? They sit in front of the Internet. It really is embarrassing. To us, not them. They don't know any better.

Dave also use to work as a fry cook, but he doesn't anymore. Now he's unemployed.
Like everything else you've said, wrong. At least you're consistent. :lol:

Seven pages and still no one has shown the regulation(s) that are causing the closing and preventing the openings. And no one has shown how Obama go those regulations in place.

But yea TPers. Keep screaming at Obama over this.

Forum List

Back