Obama Job Approval Rating Down to 38% Among those all important Independents

Luckily, President Obama will get to run against a Republican in 2012

Whew....had me worried at first

Actually he will prolly be going against a republican and at least 1 3rd party candidate who is sure to take votes from the republican and assure Omama continues to destroy America.

So I guess you are allowed to be happy. If that is what you want :)

Lol im not desperate bud, just pointing out the general trend of the numbers. which are down for Obama.

As far as the Republican Congressional approval. That is my bad I misread and thought they were 2 points better not worse than the Dems. The point is still the same however. Someone posted the Republicans disapproval numbers acting if the was good news for Democrat. So I simply had to point out that the Dems are not doing any better. Oh wait I guess 2% better lol.

What this all means is this will be a good year to be a 3rd party candidate. I am not one of those people claiming Republicans have all the answers here. Clearly both parties are out of touch and out of control. However all that said the voters who win Elections are Independents, and as I have said before they are reactionary voters. They tend to always be voting to get someone out of office, and do not usually care to much who they have to vote for to do that.

I still think the dems will fair worse than republicans this cycle, but both parties are in trouble. Maybe we will really see a 3rd party revolution this time, and not just tea partiers. Libertarians and green party as well, and Independents. In the long run maybe that would be good. I think we can all agree whether we are Republican or Democrat that both parties are messed up and totally out of touch with their bases and independents.

The 21% over all Congressional approval, and 71% over all disapproval show that clearly.

The fact that you are trying to change the subject to a trend that has stagnated recently shows that you are desperate.

Furthermore, you have a habit of being wrong or misreading things. Now you drop the argument that obama's current numbers are bad for him despite the fact that he is not up for re-election this year or next and try to focus on the congressional numbers that you originally "misread."

The core of the other poster's argument was that the OP focused on obama's numbers with independents in the hopes that would support his beliefs that "that's not good" as well as his attacks on dems and yet in comparison republicans showed no gain of support for their own party so how is that a good thing for republicans??
If republicans aren't gaining the support from independents that the poll shows obama is losing and disappreval of both parties in congress are about the same then how does that benefit the republicans??

I never said it did benefit republicans. Did you even read my last post? Besides we are talking about their numbers among independents, not over all. It is independents to decide elections, so those are the only numbers that really matter. In the end most Democrats are going to vote Democrat and most republicans will vote republican, so it is the independent vote that matters here.

look dude I didn't start this thread, I posted my opinion about it. I am not trying to change any subject.

That fact that you want to focus on the Republicans numbers and ignore everything else. says a whole lot about where you come from.

Being bad news for obama means that it will benefit republicans especially when you consider that we are at a midterm election in which republicans are trying so desperately to benefit from anything they think they can spin.

Yeah, you posted your opinion that it was "bad news for obama" and then ran away from it when asked for substance as you tried to change the subject away from his current numbers to the trend that has stagnated. it's really quite simple.

Furthermore, I have talked about all of the numbers, so it's really not my problem that you can't follow along and have to try to be dishonest in a desperate attempt to score points by attacking me based on your misguided opinions and misinterpretations.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for Republicans, Independent voters rarely vote in midterm elections. It's the party faithfuls that vote in the midterms.

Actually in a year it won't matter anyways since obama's next election cycle is in 2012. Furthermore, as said many times in the past the only polls that matter are the ones on election day. So in reality we will have to wait until Nov 2012 to know how the American people really feel about obama and his policies and who knows what the outcome will be then?

Furthermore, 46% is a good thing when your oppositions numbers are worse. LOL According to the gallup poll mentioned by the OP both clinton (43%) and reagan (42%) had worse numbers at the same point in their first term and they both went on to win a second term. So basically numbers at this point don't really matter.

Look at the graph not the poll numbers.

Obama enjoyed a 63% approval rate when he took office, and only 20% disapproved. Now it is neck and neck at 46% to 46%. You guys can keep spinning it all you want, but the direction is pretty clear, and very bad news for Obama.

president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Talk about spin, This whole thread is about obama's CURRENT poll numbers and NOW out of sheer desperation you are trying to change that failed argument to a new one. LOL

How long have obama's numbers been pretty much "neck and neck"?? They have pretty much been at a stand still for months so as for the direction it is currently going it seems that you are the one desperate to spin but you are failing miserably.

Furthermore his poll numbers NOW don't mean diddlely since he is not up for re-election until 2012. So please keep trying so desperately to spin how bad this is for obama when nothing could be further from the truth. It's very entertaining to watch you spin so out of control.
However, it's not likely that you will listen to reason since the FACT that he is not up for re-election until 2012 has been shown to you before and you continue to ignore it. LOL

His numbers mean everything as he represents the Dems. The voting populace will take his poor approval ratings out on the Dems this November.

Obama enjoyed a 63% approval rate when he took office, and only 20% disapproved. Now it is neck and neck at 46% to 46%. You guys can keep spinning it all you want, but the direction is pretty clear, and very bad news for Obama.

Talk about spin, This whole thread is about obama's CURRENT poll numbers and NOW out of sheer desperation you are trying to change that failed argument to a new one. LOL

How long have obama's numbers been pretty much "neck and neck"?? They have pretty much been at a stand still for months so as for the direction it is currently going it seems that you are the one desperate to spin but you are failing miserably.

Furthermore his poll numbers NOW don't mean diddlely since he is not up for re-election until 2012. So please keep trying so desperately to spin how bad this is for obama when nothing could be further from the truth. It's very entertaining to watch you spin so out of control.
However, it's not likely that you will listen to reason since the FACT that he is not up for re-election until 2012 has been shown to you before and you continue to ignore it. LOL

His numbers mean everything as he represents the Dems. The voting populace will take his poor approval ratings out on the Dems this November.

The poor 46% approval ratings? Really?

Thanks for proving my point that by saying it's bad news for obama you are saying that it translates into good news for republicans. Not that I agree with the statement but that by making it you are trying to claim that it's good for republicans.

Last edited:
PRINCETON, NJ -- Thirty-eight percent of independents approve of the job Barack Obama is doing as president, the first time independent approval of Obama has dropped below 40% in a Gallup Daily tracking weekly aggregate. Meanwhile, Obama maintains the support of 81% of Democrats, and his job approval among Republicans remains low, at 12%.

Obama Job Approval Rating Down to 38% Among Independents

That's not good! :eek:

When you are at 12% among Republicans and 38% among "independents," you aren't doing that well.

You have to wonder about the intelligence of Democrats if Obama remains so high with them while Obama is doing so poorly with everyone else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A deviation of 0.903 is not particularly significant, TPS.

Thanks for proving my point that by saying it's bad news for obama you are saying that it translates into good news for republicans. Not that I agree with the statement but that by making it you are trying to claim that it's good for republicans.

Where did I state that?

jeffrockit wants whatever he disagrees with to be how he infers someone else's words.

Yet the skel demands literalness rather than inference of his own words.

Now get out of the van, skel!

PRINCETON, NJ -- Thirty-eight percent of independents approve of the job Barack Obama is doing as president, the first time independent approval of Obama has dropped below 40% in a Gallup Daily tracking weekly aggregate. Meanwhile, Obama maintains the support of 81% of Democrats, and his job approval among Republicans remains low, at 12%.

Obama Job Approval Rating Down to 38% Among Independents

That's not good! :eek:

When you are at 12% among Republicans and 38% among "independents," you aren't doing that well.

You have to wonder about the intelligence of Democrats if Obama remains so high with them while Obama is doing so poorly with everyone else.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He will hold the blacks and entitlement minded and all those who hate...

Nope, aquaathena, the haters will always vote in greater numbers to the right of the spectrum.

Let's stay in reality, please.

Forum List

Back