Obama Job Approval Rating Down to 38% Among those all important Independents

And since the Tea Baggers are simply the extreme right arm of the GOP, I think we can all surmise how their poll numbers would look...

When defending the indefensible, don't. Change the subject and attack.

Obama's numbers are indefensible, so you attack the tea party. Unfortunately, the tea party is rather like Open Source software. There really isn't anything to attack. Sure you can call it names, but in the end, what have you accomplished. It's amorphous. It's there, but there is no leader. It just seems to be a force out there. Nothing to really hit at that doesn't make the person making the charge sound like a lunatic.

But, you keep going after it, ok? :lol:

And since the Tea Baggers are simply the extreme right arm of the GOP, I think we can all surmise how their poll numbers would look...

Obama's numbers are indefensible, so you attack the tea party. Unfortunately, the tea party is rather like Open Source software. There really isn't anything to attack. Sure you can call it names, but in the end, what have you accomplished. It's amorphous. It's there, but there is no leader. It just seems to be a force out there. Nothing to really hit at that doesn't make the person making the charge sound like a lunatic.

Then you missed the point, Sparky. I will type slower in hopes that you can keep up. The OP's intent was to make light of Obama's lower approval ratings. Now, the only logical point for doing this is the OP hopes his opponents will have a shot at dislodging him in 2012. MY point for posting the even lower numbers of approval ratings for the GOP AND their extreme right arm, known as the Tea Baggers, was to show that Obama's opposition has no one that is even close to polliung anywhere near him. Get it?

Then you missed the point, Sparky. I will type slower in hopes that you can keep up. The OP's intent was to make light of Obama's lower approval ratings. Now, the only logical point for doing this is the OP hopes his opponents will have a shot at dislodging him in 2012. MY point for posting the even lower numbers of approval ratings for the GOP AND their extreme right arm, known as the Tea Baggers, was to show that Obama's opposition has no one that is even close to polliung anywhere near him. Get it?

I get that you are a rapid fan of homosexual recreational activities and like balls in your mouth. I see you all over the place discussing the merits of tea baggers. I guess at this point I need to tell you that you are barking up the wrong alley with me fella. Not that I have a problem with it, you do what makes you happy, but I'm not going to be satisfying your tea bagging craving.

Lastly, you're absolutely wrong on your supposition about what the OP's post was about. We all know that the approval rating is a snapshot about how the President is perceived as doing his job by the public at a moment in time. It has nothing whatever to do with elections in over 2 years. Bush Sr. Had a 90%+ approval rating one year out from the election and how did that work for him? Only a nutter would suppose an approval rating two years from an election goes to show he's beatable by the opposing side.

Shouldn't you be off getting tea bagged instead of writing inane crap on a political board?

The Independents will decide most of the coming Elections. I think most Independents do lean Conservative. I'm sure most are pretty shocked at how radical Left this President and his minions really are. There could be an Independent backlash against this President and Democrats. I guess we'll see though. Stay tuned.

Yes, it is usually the case in any election cycle that the independents will decide the outcome. However, my main reason for a lack of concern is that IMO there are a bunch of "independents in name only" who despite their claims of being independents are the same right wingers who supported W and the republican agenda and their votes as independents will not change or swing the vote either way because they will vote for the R candidate just as they did before they started trying to call themselves independents.

Oh and yes there could be a shift of independents away from obama and the dems but anything is possible including a continued shift of independents away from the hypocrtiical obstructionist republicans who, according to the poll presented by vayank, have a 55% DISapproval rating. If republicans had actually gained any ground in that responct I might be inclined to agree with your dreams of an independent shift to the right but I just don't see it in the numbers.

From your link:
Overall, 46% of Americans approve of the job Obama is doing as president in the June 28-July 4 aggregate, one point above his lowest weekly average. Obama's average weekly job approval rating has not been above 50% since Feb. 8-14, though it reached the 50% mark as recently as May 3-9.

Wow 46% eh, almost half lol.

That's good?

Considering what this country is going through, I would have to say YES that is good. Is it great?? No, but it is good considering where it could be considering how awful his republican supported predecessor was and what he left obama to take care of.

Independents vote for whoever makes them feel good at the time. They are committed to neither party and for the most part are politically disengaged 90% of the time. The are heavily influenced by the likes of Jon Stewart et al. and what their friends tell them is going on in politics.

They are as solid as the wind and about as mobile. Any attempt to pin them to one group or another will likely fail. They frankly just don't care, but they think they should vote to do their civic duty and maintain bitching rights.

It could be worse. Obama could be polling as bad the the Republicans.....

Congress: Republicans

55% of Americans disapprove of the job Republicans in Congress are doing..

LOL Democrat Congressional Job approval is below 30% so what is your point exactly? Only 21% approve of congress as a whole. A congress with a near Super Majority for the Dems is at 21% approval and you people are talking up 55% of people disapproving of the Republicans in Congress? That is hilarious.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Congressional Job Approval

The funniest thing of all is how you are trying to make fun of the left for pointing out how the republicans in congress are at a 55% DISapproval rating even as your fellow rightwingers are trying to brag about a gallup poll that only has obama's overall DISapproval rating at 45%. Do you see how ridiculous you look right now??

It could be worse. Obama could be polling as bad the the Republicans.....

Congress: Republicans

55% of Americans disapprove of the job Republicans in Congress are doing..

LOL Democrat Congressional Job approval is below 30% so what is your point exactly? Only 21% approve of congress as a whole. A congress with a near Super Majority for the Dems is at 21% approval and you people are talking up 55% of people disapproving of the Republicans in Congress? That is hilarious.

Only a dumb CON$ervative would say 35% is BELOW 30%. :cuckoo:

Congress: Democrats

Depends on what poll you look at dumbo, and besides 30 35 what is the difference, The point is the % of people who disprove of Democrats performance in congress, is higher than it is for Republicans. Just barely, lol and yet you guys are talking about the Republicans numbers as if it means anything. lol

Wow 46% eh, almost half lol.

That's good?

Considering what this country is going through, I would have to say YES that is good. Is it great?? No, but it is good considering where it could be considering how awful his republican supported predecessor was and what he left obama to take care of.

Wait a year. See if he's this popular then. Care to place your bet now?

Actually in a year it won't matter anyways since obama's next election cycle is in 2012. Furthermore, as said many times in the past the only polls that matter are the ones on election day. So in reality we will have to wait until Nov 2012 to know how the American people really feel about obama and his policies and who knows what the outcome will be then?

Furthermore, 46% is a good thing when your oppositions numbers are worse. LOL According to the gallup poll mentioned by the OP both clinton (43%) and reagan (42%) had worse numbers at the same point in their first term and they both went on to win a second term. So basically numbers at this point don't really matter.

Only a dumb CON$ervative would say 35% is BELOW 30%. :cuckoo:

Congress: Democrats

Depends on what poll you look at dumbo, and besides 30 35 what is the difference, The point is the % of people who disprove of Democrats performance in congress, is higher than it is for Republicans. Just barely, lol and yet you guys are talking about the Republicans numbers as if it means anything. lol

According to the poll cited dems are at 53% DISapproval where as the poll posted showed republicans at 55% DISapproval so where do you get your numbers that show democrats with higher DISapproval??

Actually in a year it won't matter anyways since obama's next election cycle is in 2012. Furthermore, as said many times in the past the only polls that matter are the ones on election day. So in reality we will have to wait until Nov 2012 to know how the American people really feel about obama and his policies and who knows what the outcome will be then?

Furthermore, 46% is a good thing when your oppositions numbers are worse. LOL According to the gallup poll mentioned by the OP both clinton (43%) and reagan (42%) had worse numbers at the same point in their first term and they both went on to win a second term. So basically numbers at this point don't really matter.

Look at the graph not the poll numbers.

Obama enjoyed a 63% approval rate when he took office, and only 20% disapproved. Now it is neck and neck at 46% to 46%. You guys can keep spinning it all you want, but the direction is pretty clear, and very bad news for Obama.

president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Last edited:

Obama enjoyed a 63% approval rate when he took office, and only 20% disapproved. Now it is neck and neck at 46% to 46%. You guys can keep spinning it all you want, but the direction is pretty clear, and very bad news for Obama.

Talk about spin, This whole thread is about obama's CURRENT poll numbers and NOW out of sheer desperation you are trying to change that failed argument to a new one. LOL

How long have obama's numbers been pretty much "neck and neck"?? They have pretty much been at a stand still for months so as for the direction it is currently going it seems that you are the one desperate to spin but you are failing miserably.

Furthermore his poll numbers NOW don't mean diddlely since he is not up for re-election until 2012. So please keep trying so desperately to spin how bad this is for obama when nothing could be further from the truth. It's very entertaining to watch you spin so out of control.
However, it's not likely that you will listen to reason since the FACT that he is not up for re-election until 2012 has been shown to you before and you continue to ignore it. LOL

Last edited:

Talk about spin, This whole thread is about obama's CURRENT poll numbers and NOW out of sheer desperation you are trying to change that failed argument to a new one. LOL

How long have obama's numbers been pretty much "neck and neck"?? They have pretty much been at a stand still for months so as for the direction it is currently going it seems that you are the one desperate to spin but you are failing miserably.

Furthermore his poll numbers NOW don't mean diddlely since he is not up for re-election until 2012. So please keep trying so desperately to spin how bad this is for obama when nothing could be further from the truth. It's very entertaining to watch you spin so out of control.
However, it's not likely that you will listen to reason since the FACT that he is not up for re-election until 2012 has been shown to you before and you continue to ignore it. LOL

Lol im not desperate bud, just pointing out the general trend of the numbers. which are down for Obama.

As far as the Republican Congressional approval. That is my bad I misread and thought they were 2 points better not worse than the Dems. The point is still the same however. Someone posted the Republicans disapproval numbers acting if the was good news for Democrat. So I simply had to point out that the Dems are not doing any better. Oh wait I guess 2% better lol.

What this all means is this will be a good year to be a 3rd party candidate. I am not one of those people claiming Republicans have all the answers here. Clearly both parties are out of touch and out of control. However all that said the voters who win Elections are Independents, and as I have said before they are reactionary voters. They tend to always be voting to get someone out of office, and do not usually care to much who they have to vote for to do that.

I still think the dems will fair worse than republicans this cycle, but both parties are in trouble. Maybe we will really see a 3rd party revolution this time, and not just tea partiers. Libertarians and green party as well, and Independents. In the long run maybe that would be good. I think we can all agree whether we are Republican or Democrat that both parties are messed up and totally out of touch with their bases and independents.

The 21% over all Congressional approval, and 71% over all disapproval show that clearly.

Last edited:

Lol im not desperate bud, just pointing out the general trend of the numbers. which are down for Obama.

As far as the Republican Congressional approval. That is my bad I misread and thought they were 2 points better not worse than the Dems. The point is still the same however. Someone posted the Republicans disapproval numbers acting if the was good news for Democrat. So I simply had to point out that the Dems are not doing any better. Oh wait I guess 2% better lol.

What this all means is this will be a good year to be a 3rd party candidate. I am not one of those people claiming Republicans have all the answers here. Clearly both parties are out of touch and out of control. However all that said the voters who win Elections are Independents, and as I have said before they are reactionary voters. They tend to always be voting to get someone out of office, and do not usually care to much who they have to vote for to do that.

I still think the dems will fair worse than republicans this cycle, but both parties are in trouble. Maybe we will really see a 3rd party revolution this time, and not just tea partiers. Libertarians and green party as well, and Independents. In the long run maybe that would be good. I think we can all agree whether we are Republican or Democrat that both parties are messed up and totally out of touch with their bases and independents.

The 21% over all Congressional approval, and 71% over all disapproval show that clearly.

The fact that you are trying to change the subject to a trend that has stagnated recently shows that you are desperate.

Furthermore, you have a habit of being wrong or misreading things. Now you drop the argument that obama's current numbers are bad for him despite the fact that he is not up for re-election this year or next and try to focus on the congressional numbers that you originally "misread."

The core of the other poster's argument was that the OP focused on obama's numbers with independents in the hopes that would support his beliefs that "that's not good" as well as his attacks on dems and yet in comparison republicans showed no gain of support for their own party so how is that a good thing for republicans??
If republicans aren't gaining the support from independents that the poll shows obama is losing and disappreval of both parties in congress are about the same then how does that benefit the republicans??

Luckily, President Obama will get to run against a Republican in 2012

Whew....had me worried at first

The fact that you are trying to change the subject to a trend that has stagnated recently shows that you are desperate.

Furthermore, you have a habit of being wrong or misreading things. Now you drop the argument that obama's current numbers are bad for him despite the fact that he is not up for re-election this year or next and try to focus on the congressional numbers that you originally "misread."

The core of the other poster's argument was that the OP focused on obama's numbers with independents in the hopes that would support his beliefs that "that's not good" as well as his attacks on dems and yet in comparison republicans showed no gain of support for their own party so how is that a good thing for republicans??
If republicans aren't gaining the support from independents that the poll shows obama is losing and disappreval of both parties in congress are about the same then how does that benefit the republicans??

I never said it did benefit republicans. Did you even read my last post? Besides we are talking about their numbers among independents, not over all. It is independents to decide elections, so those are the only numbers that really matter. In the end most Democrats are going to vote Democrat and most republicans will vote republican, so it is the independent vote that matters here.

look dude I didn't start this thread, I posted my opinion about it. I am not trying to change any subject.

That fact that you want to focus on the Republicans numbers and ignore everything else. says a whole lot about where you come from.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back