Obama: Jesus would support tax-the-rich policy

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Jesus is a flaming liberal, everyone knows that.

Obama: Jesus would back my tax-the-rich policy - Feb. 2, 2012

President Obama offered a new line of reasoning for hiking taxes on the rich on Thursday, saying at the National Prayer Breakfast that his policy proposals are shaped by his religious beliefs.

Obama said that as a person who has been "extraordinarily blessed," he is willing to give up some of the tax breaks he enjoys because doing so makes economic, and religious sense.

"For me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus's teaching that for unto whom much is given, much shall be required," Obama said, quoting the Gospel of Luke.

Obama wants to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire for the richest Americans, and he has embraced the idea that wealthy Americans should not be paying a lower effective tax rate than those in the middle or lower classes.

He has argued that those policies offer Americans a "fair shot" and increased equality, while implying that the policies favored by Republicans do not.

But the overt connection between religious beliefs and political policies is new.

"I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years," Obama said. "And I believe in God's command to love thy neighbor as thyself. I know a version of that golden rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs."

An administration official speaking on background told CNN that Obama viewed the speech as chance to explain his personal faith practices and to show "his desire to step in the gap for those who are vulnerable."

So what does the Bible say about taxes?...

Don't ever equate Obama and his policies with Christ.

It's appalling and disgusting to a Christian. Islam would forbid this as well.

FYI Christ is a prophet to Islam. Be careful where you tread here.

Be careful when you lie about Jesus.

don't ever equate obama and his policies with christ.

It's appalling and disgusting to a christian. Islam would forbid this as well.

Fyi christ is a prophet to islam. Be careful where you tread here.

obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus

obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus obama jesus

Wait, wait, I wasn't done!

OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS OBAMA JESUS

In the Gospel of Matthew, a rich young man asks Jesus what actions bring eternal life. First Jesus advises the man to obey the commandments. When the man responds that he already observes them, Jesus adds:

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

The Gospel of Luke has a similar episode and states that:

When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

If you're going to try to use that as a let's get him re elected slogan, I don't think that one is gonna work.

I'd run with .....mmmmmm......:eusa_angel:

Give Carter the second term he never had. Vote Obama 2012.

credit to daily caller:lol:

Last edited:

If you're going to try to use that as a let's get him re elected slogan, I don't think that one is gonna work.

I'd run with .....mmmmmm......:eusa_angel:

Give Carter the second term he never had. Vote Obama 2012.

credit to daily caller:lol:

Obama is the Democrats Reagan.

Some libs do pray to Obama...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soSvifuYAVQ]DELIVER US OBAMA! - YouTube[/ame]

Obama understands Jesus well.

Jesus would support taxing the rich.

In the Gospel of Matthew, a rich young man asks Jesus what actions bring eternal life. First Jesus advises the man to obey the commandments. When the man responds that he already observes them, Jesus adds:

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.

When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Rich men can still enter heaven. All one has to do is accept Christ. Rich or poor. Ill or healthy. A runner or a lame man. An old man or a child. A woman or a man. And nothing we do in this lifetime counts on getting a ticket to heaven.

You miss the point entirely Chris.

It's called 3:16.

Be careful when you lie about Jesus.
Advice that you and the OP are obviously too stupid to follow....stupid.

Rich men can still enter heaven. All one has to do is accept Christ. Rich or poor. Ill or healthy. A runner or a lame man. An old man or a child. A woman or a man. And nothing we do in this lifetime counts on getting a ticket to heaven.

No, you miss the point.

Jesus told the young man to sell his possessions and give them to the poor.

ie...the Buffett Rule plus the earned income tax credit....

Last edited:

It's a sad day when the Democrats have to use the New Testament to justify taxes.

:lol:

It's a sad day when the Democrats have to use the New Testament to justify taxes.

:lol:

It's a sad day when someone denies the teachings of Jesus.

You guys are always calling Obama "The Messiah"... so why shouldn't you equate his policies with Christ?

No, you miss the point.

Jesus told the young man to sell his possessions and give them to the poor.

ie...the Buffett Rule plus the earned income tax credit....

Well Warren isn't in a cardboard box tonight is he? Is Warren on the street? Are we going to follow the Buffet rule now?

Why are you still on a computer then? Why aren't you on the street?

Now all joking aside, the deal is 3:16.

Nothing else matters. I know scripture inside and out. You can google it all you want. Trying to find whatever you want to be smarmy piece of crap on the internet.

Every time I read the Word the Holy Spirit teaches me.

These are the Lords words to us. To equate Warren Buffet or Obama to the Word is beyond disgusting.

You insult Islam as well here. Christ is a prophet to those that are Islamic.

But let's get back to why hasn't Warren given up all his money? I'll buy into the Buffet rule.

yeah yeah yeah thats the ticket Warren. :lol:You first old man.

Where does Jesus talk about the role of Government as an intermediary for redistribution of wealth? Jesus only talks about people with more giving directly to the poor. Has the President given directly to the poor?

Forum List

Back