Obama: "i've now been in 57 states"

Uhhh...

I think there's a bit of a difference between saying "57" when you meant "47" and spending an entire interview discussing how Obama's childhood in Kenya influenced his worldview.

Uhhh...

I think there's a bit of a difference between saying "57" when you meant "47"

50States.jpg

"..But then if you think about it, his perspective as growing up in Indonesia with a Kenyan father and grandfather, their view of the Mau Mau Revolution in Kenya is very different than ours because he probably grew up hearing that the British were a bunch of imperialists who persecuted his grandfather."

yep, huckabee mispoke. it makes sense. he was actually talking about indonesia.

where obama grew up with his kenyan relatives, and they were talking about the mau mau revolution in kenya, while lounging it up in indonesia.

Who can help me name the 57 states:

State of:

Hope
Change
Arrogance
Civility
Audacity (is that a state or a city?)
Recklessness
Debt
Bullying
Whining
Sorry
Interference
Smartass
Pomposity

What states are missing?

That's the perfect comparison. Dan Quayle makes a faux pas and he is ridiculed for months on end, sitcoms are written about the word he misspelled, he is forever known for being an inferior intellect. Obama makes a similar faux pas, and we hear next to nothing about it from the press.

That's the perfect comparison. Dan Quayle makes a faux pas and he is ridiculed for months on end, sitcoms are written about the word he misspelled, he is forever known for being an inferior intellect. Obama makes a similar faux pas, and we hear next to nothing about it from the press.

Dan Quayle making a mistake spelling "potato" is definitely comparable to "57 States".

Huckabee "accidentally" talking about Obama growing up in Kenya? Not so much.

Funny thing is that Huckabee recently wrote a book (that was why he was on a media blitz- to promote his book!) - in the book he notes that Obama grew up in Indonesia and in Hawaii. He was tired after giving countless interviews that day and he misspoke. He admitted he made a mistake, apologized and has moved on with his life. You leftwingnuts should do the same!!

That being said, I hope Huckabee doesn't run. He is old news.....

Yep, he mispoke. He and Huckabee are both humans.....go figure. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

No fan of Obama, or Bush for that matter but I think they are entitled to misspeak now and then considering how many interviews thew do. For me , its a reminder that thees guys are human.

Good post. Everybody misspeaks at times. Imagine if you're followed around 24/7 and every word you say is dissected? Of course you're going to misspeak at times-anybody would.

Yep, he mispoke. He and Huckabee are both humans.....go figure. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

No fan of Obama, or Bush for that matter but I think they are entitled to misspeak now and then considering how many interviews thew do. For me , its a reminder that thees guys are human.

Good post. Everybody misspeaks at times. Imagine if you're followed around 24/7 and every word you say is dissected? Of course you're going to misspeak at times-anybody would.

And the whole world watching and listening and waiting. :puke:

Forum List

Back