Obama: It takes more than fine speeches

Yes, but we've already established he wasn't talking about HR3200 alone. So please stop.

I hear on talk radio that the "Illegals wont get coverage" statement was a lie too, but I dont see any language in HR3200 that states this, so it could be a lie but probably at the very least was just an assumption by the president.

There is NO language in the bill regarding Illegal Immigrants, however democrats have blocked every attempt by republicans to insert such language. You can read into that what you want.

I couldn't fit this in my previous post.

He will despite the total effort of the right to resist everything he does just for the sake of resisting.

There is no right wing policy right now. There is an Obama policy and an anti-Obama policy.

I am sorry to believe this, but the current RNC is far more interested in destorying him than in caring about what is good or bad for this country.

Where is Obama's policy? Have you seen it? Care to share it with everyone else?

He shared his healthcare policy with congress and America. Did you watch at all orr did you only listen to Wilson calling him a liar?

I heard the same old rhetoric his been repeating for the past month, I want to know where this plan is, so that I can read it.

Gayboy, do you wash Obama's shorts for him as well?

No more than you sucked Bush's Dick, Lyco.:lol:

Such an intelligent remark. I guess I shouldn't expect anymore from you, but I keep hoping.:eek:

Did you think up "Gayboy" by yourself, or was it on Rush?

Funny how some righties think calling someone gay is a terrible insult.

If we ever meet I will have my wife kick your arse.:lol:

Gayboy, do you wash Obama's shorts for him as well?

No more than you sucked Bush's Dick, Lyco.:lol:

Such an intelligent remark. I guess I shouldn't expect anymore from you, but I keep hoping.:eek:

Did you think up "Gayboy" by yourself, or was it on Rush?

Funny how some righties think calling someone gay is a terrible insult.

If we ever meet I will have my wife kick your arse.:lol:

arse? Yep you're gay!!

Last edited:
If you are referring to last nights speech as a "Fine Speech" I have to ask if you actually listened to it?

Not only was it loaded with Lies, but it was far from the glowing speech that will bring us all together. On the contrary it sounded like a Campaign stump speech, It was a total one sided Partisan Speech. He once again pointed fingures and accused the Republicans of being in the way. Never mind the Dems have more than enough votes to pass what ever they want. Its the republicans standing in the way.

How can you listen to one lie after another, one excuse after another, and one accusation after another and call that a "Fine Speech"

It was a disgrace is what it was, and an insult to the intelligence of Every tax paying American.

It has been fascinating watching the Obama election campaign and his first 8 months in office. Brits generally see Obama as a good thing for America and the rest of the world, in comparison to George Bush.

I like most people was impressed with Obama's speeches, his eloquence and delivery are absolutely awesome. Watching him brought to mind one of my hero's Winston Churchill. He was amazing, the gold standard by which any public speaker would like to be measured.

With Churchill speaking was an important skill, however he possessed an unrivalled strength in depth of other talents that he used to help the allies win the war.

As an impartial observer their seems to be a lot of opinion that speaking appears to be Obama's only skill and that the American public are waiting to see what else he can do.

I recently published a book called Churchill's Secret Skills, the strap line on the cover sums up the position for Obama. "Keeping the Nazi's off the beaches required more than fine speeches". Obama needs to be able to prove he is more than just a great speaker, otherwise his talent will become a burden.

He came into office on a massive tide of expectation, amid a financial hurricane sweeping the world, all of his time will have been taken up dealing with the crisis. In reality, very little of substance can be achieved in 8 months of a first term, so from a British perspective I would say the jury is still out.

As a big fan of America I just hope he is able to deliver the goods.

Binden

Hey ....just for shits and grins...why doncha post a link to any "fine" speach the chimp or pappy made...I'll even toss in reagan.

Now don't be sore ..I voted for all of em.

Just sayin..it's nice to be able to fuckin understand what our prez is sayin for a change.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's sure more important than his shitty policies ......... :cuckoo:

It has been fascinating watching the Obama election campaign and his first 8 months in office. Brits generally see Obama as a good thing for America and the rest of the world, in comparison to George Bush.

I like most people was impressed with Obama's speeches, his eloquence and delivery are absolutely awesome. Watching him brought to mind one of my hero's Winston Churchill. He was amazing, the gold standard by which any public speaker would like to be measured.

With Churchill speaking was an important skill, however he possessed an unrivalled strength in depth of other talents that he used to help the allies win the war.

As an impartial observer their seems to be a lot of opinion that speaking appears to be Obama's only skill and that the American public are waiting to see what else he can do.

I recently published a book called Churchill's Secret Skills, the strap line on the cover sums up the position for Obama. "Keeping the Nazi's off the beaches required more than fine speeches". Obama needs to be able to prove he is more than just a great speaker, otherwise his talent will become a burden.

He came into office on a massive tide of expectation, amid a financial hurricane sweeping the world, all of his time will have been taken up dealing with the crisis. In reality, very little of substance can be achieved in 8 months of a first term, so from a British perspective I would say the jury is still out.

Binden

Hey ....just for shits and grins...why doncha post a link to any "fine" speach the chimp or pappy made...I'll even toss in reagan.

Now don't be sore ..I voted for all of em.

Just sayin..it's nice to be able to fuckin understand what our prez is sayin for a change.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's sure more important than his shitty policies ......... :cuckoo:

This might sound a tad cynical..but the last 5 presidents all had shitty policies. If you think differently you are just fucking kidding yourself.

1) HR3200 will not increase the debt by a dime

Show that is a lie.

2) Only 5% of americans will be affected by HR3200

Show that is a lie.

3) There are no government panels to decide on what care is acceptable....this post is about to get long so i can show you how the language of HR3200 directly contradicst this statement.

I editted out that long commentary to shorten this. But, from what I read, you made assumptions about what the verbage said. Those assumptions, though not invalid, aren't necessarily true either. Of course there will be government panels for oversight, etc. but there isn't anything in the HR3200 that states that an American citizen will be denied covereage because they will cost too much to treat. And, really? Do you really think that a bunch of genocidal people will make decisions to allow people to die because it costs too much of the tax payers' dollars? Have you ever worked for the government? Well, I have, and the last thing they care about is saving the tax payers' money. And these panels you mentioned you don't know exactly what they do.

As for illegal aliens, its says it clear language that they will not be covered. You can believe your little conspiracy theories about the "marxist muslim barak osama" but I don't know why we'd want to cover illegals. We don't want them to die due to lack of civilized services, but that isn't addressed in HR3200. Just because Republicans don't care if illegal immigrants die, the rest of us Americans do feel some compassion for our fellow human beings (WWJD?).

You still have yet to PROVE a lie?

1) HR3200 will not increase the debt by a dime

Show that is a lie.

READ THE CBO ESTIMATES OF THE COSTS OF THE PLAN AND ITS EFFECT ON THE NATIONAL DEBT. Do a little bit of research and its very easy to find.

2) Only 5% of americans will be affected by HR3200

Show that is a lie.

The bill affects the entire health care and insurance industry, more than 5% of the nation receives healthcare and health insurance. Read the bill, it will affect everyone who wants to go to the doctor

I cut out your last part as it showed you were did not re-check my interpretation of the bill with the bill itself. I explained it, the language of the bill clearly states there will be a panel made up of the surgeon general as chair, and will have “9 members who are not Federal employees or officers and who are appointed by the President”, “9 members who are not Federal employees or officers and who are appointed by the Comptroller General”, and an “even number of members (not to exceed 8 ) who are Federal employees and officers, as the President may appoint.”

This panel will behave exactly like the private insurance company panels that decide when and what care to pay for.

The first two like I said are dead bang easy to prove, the third one I told you was more complicated which is why it required that hellishly long post of mine.

And I wasn't commenting about the illegals there was I? I said that there is no language in the bill giving or denying them coverage and every time the republicans have tried to insert said language the democrats have blocked it. You can read into that behavior by the congress what you want to.

You can read the bill and continue to disagree, you can read it and realize i'm actually using its language to see what it says, you can listen to the MSM and DNC and tell me i'm a dipshit liar, or you can go with your own opinion.

Eitheir way what i state is accurate and i dont need to keep repeating it.

Lonestar, do you know from personal experience?

I would have said ass, but that's so crass.

No I don't have any personal experience, but from living a lifetime observing others it's my opinion that only homosexuals and brits use that terminolgy. And since you have USMC in your name I'm assuming your not british, therefore it's safe to assume you're as queer as a three dollar bill. However, I could be mistaken, which is a rarity for me.

There were quite a few secret skills that nobody knows about and they belonged to other people Churchill was fortunate enough to have working with him. In that he was lucky, as were the rest of us.

God I love it when Obama makes speeches! He never fails to show his ass, his challenged honesty, and his lack of bipartisanship. He keeps telling us what we need to know because he never really surprises us, at least those of us who don't drink the Kool-Aid.

I also love how so many on the right expound about his amazing rhetorical skills and eloquence. It seem to me to be a way of promoting him to talk even more, make more grand public speeches; after all if his politcal enemies think he's effective, then he's inclined to think he really must be. It all seems to be a version of Uncle Remus' Brer Rabbit and his plea to Brer Fox to "Please don't throw me in the briarpatch"

Last edited:

Binden

My Problem with Obama's speeches is he says stuff I agree with in the speeches he gives, then he acts completely different.

He is very good at saying one thing while doing another. He gets away with it because the majority of the media is complicit in his duplicity.

Like what? You can't really compare something said in a campaign speech to the reality once he got into office. After all, in 2007 and early 2008, the #1 priority among voters was Iraq but that quickly changed to the economy once that tanked.

Frankly, I appreciate leadership that can "flipflop" depending how events unfold. After all, that as one of Bush's biggest problems--the fact that he was almost ridiculously rigid, speaking of the war only, and because of that allowed it to continue to spiral downward when he should have admitted the stay-the-course tactics were not working.

And now I'm prepared to say the same thing about Obama if he cannot, in fact, find a way to do health care reform and not increase the deficit. He has promised that it will not, and that if he can see that the cost is going increase it that he will find further cuts. I'm holding him to that, and if it becomes impossible, he must admit that he overreached.

Binden

My Problem with Obama's speeches is he says stuff I agree with in the speeches he gives, then he acts completely different.

He is very good at saying one thing while doing another. He gets away with it because the majority of the media is complicit in his duplicity.

Good speeches? Thats because they are written for him a month in advance and then he announces when and takes in the feed back and has them re written so he looks good. This is why he always does the opposite because he has no idea.

Ohhh, another "insider" tells all.
:lol:

Forum List

Back