Obama isn't even Mentioned... Bush would have been to Blame...

If I was going to piss on the corpse of a dead Taliban, I sure wouldn't fucking film it.

I've always been puzzled by that, too. Even before digital cameras came along, if I were to violate the rules of engagement and take photographs of me and my fellow soldiers abusing our authority, I sure as hell wouldn't have the film developed at my local pharmacy. I'd develop the images in the privacy of my own home/dark room. Seriously, you'd think that even some of the more stupid arseholes in the military would be wise to this as well.

Yup, especially how we have already see all these Abu Ghuraib incidents and others, cameras don't do well in war zones apparently.

A couple Marines piss on a dead terrorist and the world is shocked in horror.

A bunch of masked, muslim terrorists SAW A LIVE MANS HEAD OFF and no one gives a shit.

What's wrong with this picture?

Far as I'm concerned those Marines can piss on every mutha fuckin' one of those sheet headed shit stains they kill. They've earned it.

it is a disgrace to the uniform..and the flag they protect.

Who the fuck told you war was pretty?

what kind of dumb ass question is that?
During my tenure, I would have never disgraced the uniform of my brothers the way these children did.

Marines...the military in general...do not "do" for pleasure...they "do" to serve....

Exactly how were they serving when they peed on a corpse?

They are a disgrace to their uniform and to the flag they protect.

Karzai condemns video of urination on corpses

By ROBERT BURNS
AP National Security Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Thursday condemned a video depicting what appears to be four U.S. Marines urinating on the corpses of Taliban fighters.

A presidential statement described the act as "completely inhumane" and called on the U.S. military to punish the Marines.

The Marine Corps said Wednesday it is investigating the YouTube video but has not yet verified its origin or authenticity. The case has being referred to the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, the Navy's worldwide law enforcement organization.

The Afghan Ministry of Defense also condemned the actions in the video, which it described as "shocking."

The NATO-led security force in Afghanistan released a statement Thursday saying, "This disrespectful act is inexplicable and not in keeping with the high moral standards we expect of coalition forces."

Read more: IndyStar.com | AP National | The Indianapolis Star

Obama's name isn't even Mentioned...

The AP would have made it about Bush.

And Liberals here would have without Question Attacked Bush with it.

:)

peace...

I think Mal visited Fox News' website today and read this opinion piece;

After all these years, mainstream media is still giving Obama a pass

Read more: After All These Years, Mainstream Media Is Still Giving Obama A Pass | Fox News

Then Mal decided to start this thread and use the Marines pissing in dead Taliban as an example.:eusa_shhh:

It was a bad comparison, the way the abu gr. thing was covered compared to this story.

No it wasn't.

Because the the Media was ALL over Bush from the VERY FIRST SECOND...

They would have been all over this if he was in Office and Directing it at HIM.

They will not go after Obama.

Had Bush taken bin Laden out like Obama did, they would have Questions Pakistani Soveriegnty, International Law, Executing a Defenseless SUSPECT in his Underwear...

But they didn't... Because it was Obama.

If you don't see it, the we aren't going anywhere with Further Discussion about it.

peace...

The stories do not compare.

Taguba’s report, however, amounts to an unsparing study of collective wrongdoing and the failure of Army leadership at the highest levels. The picture he draws of Abu Ghraib is one in which Army regulations and the Geneva conventions were routinely violated, and in which much of the day-to-day management of the prisoners was abdicated to Army military-intelligence units and civilian contract employees. Interrogating prisoners and getting intelligence, including by intimidation and torture, was the priority.

Read more Annals of National Security: Torture at Abu Ghraib : The New Yorker

versus: 4 dumb shits pissing on the enemy.

I am clearly saying that Bush's name would NOT have been Absent that Story today...

You Know it as well as I do.

And the "Free Press" would have questioned his Leadership as CiC.

peace...

I know what you're saying, but your example sucked ass true story. It was a story not even remotely similar.

the story at Abu had to do with rogue military personnel acting childishly at the expense of the dignity of its prsioners...and yes, Bush was blamed as a CiC that did not have a strong grip on his military...it had nothing to do with the debate of waterboarding.

The story here has to do with rogue military personnel actiung childishly at the expense of the dignity of its dead enemy.

Seems to me they are identical situations....and ideal for comparison.

I disagree that it (prisoner abuse in Afghanistan and Iraq) was rogue personnel, it was systematic, widespread and was purposeful. The low level personel who carried out the orders did take the blame however.

Give these men a break. Some of these men are on their 3rd and 4th tour there. Can you imagine the mind games that goes in their head. They have to shut of their emotions its kill or be killed out there. War gets ugly look what the Taliban did to our guys this is mild and if you didnt know they just lost 7 people in their on battalion so they were upset. The only mistake I see these soldiers made is filmed it. War is hell.

Forum List

Back