Obama is useless without a teleprompter

Unfortunately, McCain didn't know that either since he doesn't know the difference between Shi'a and Sunni. This is a problem is ascertaining appropriate policy... as is who is training the Taliban.

So laugh all you want... makes you look really silly.
do you understand that Shia and Sunni WILL work together and that there are radicals in BOTH ideologies?
YES, Iran trains terrorists
yes, Al Qaeda is MOSTLY Sunni
but not ALL

and you are the silly one
you dont know half what you think you do

do you understand that Shia and Sunni WILL work together and that there are radicals in BOTH ideologies?
YES, Iran trains terrorists
yes, Al Qaeda is MOSTLY Sunni
but not ALL

and you are the silly one
you dont know half what you think you do

I'm not going to explain middle east politics and the Arab world to you. But Shi'a and Sunni do not band together when they have diverse interests.

And the president of the u.s. should understand those nuances.

I don't think I know half of what I think I do. And even if I do, I still know at least twice what *you* know.

you mean Iran doesnt train terrorists?

I didn't say Iran doesn't train terrorist. I was referring to McCain's comment about the Taliban being trained in Iran when in fact they are training in the border regions of Pakistan, on the opposite side of Afghanistan.

? lost without a teleprompter? It was painfull to watch palin speak, fragmented sentence. It sounded like she was reading a book too high for her grade level if you ask me.

And what has been the result of not meeting with them? Believe it or not we can't blast our way to victory on foreign poilicy issues. The U.S. has lost a lot of credibility in the ME with our agressive foreign policy. 8 years of Republican leadership on foreign policy has been pretty much a disaster.

That's the faliacy with your post, you offer only two choices;
1. Don't talk to anyone
2. Talk to anyone regardless of what they have done

I prefer a third choice, negotiate smartly.

? lost without a teleprompter? It was painfull to watch palin speak, fragmented sentence. It sounded like she was reading a book too high for her grade level if you ask me.

It appears a lot of people had the same conclusion.....:cuckoo:

I'm not going to explain middle east politics and the Arab world to you. But Shi'a and Sunni do not band together when they have diverse interests.

And the president of the u.s. should understand those nuances.

I don't think I know half of what I think I do. And even if I do, I still know at least twice what *you* know.
you are too stupid to explain ANYTHING to me, least of all the middle east

I prefer a third choice, negotiate smartly.

Then you support an administration who has been virtually useless where negotiations are concerned. The last case in point was Georgia.Thanks to Bush and company we have very few chips left to play where negotiations are concerned.

:eusa_whistle:McCain's campaign later tried to retract his retraction, however, making the case that there was evidence that Al Qaeda and Iran are, in fact, cooperating. The campaign cited this report from the American Enterprise Institute, which declared:"Iran is the principal source of weapons, funding, training, and on-site advisers for a number of Sunni and Shiite insurgent and terrorist groups in Iraq."

From the beginning, Iran did not confine its support of anti-American fighters to Shia groups. It also supported Ansar al-Islam, a radical Sunni terrorist group with close ties to al Qaeda. ... More recently, Iranian arms dealers have supplied new weapons to al Qaeda in Iraq. A supply of arms flowed from Iran into al Qaeda strongholds in Salman Pak and Arab Jabour, presumably from the Iranian border to the south and east. From there, al Qaeda transported the munitions to Baghdad.
Are Iran and Al Qaeda in cahoots? | redblueamerica.com

Then you support an administration who has been virtually useless where negotiations are concerned. The last case in point was Georgia.Thanks to Bush and company we have very few chips left to play where negotiations are concerned.

Oh so you mean by responding to terrorist threats, we can't negotiate with terrorist? I'll live with that I suppose.:eusa_whistle:

:eusa_whistle:McCain's campaign later tried to retract his retraction, however, making the case that there was evidence that Al Qaeda and Iran are, in fact, cooperating. The campaign cited this report from the American Enterprise Institute, which declared:"Iran is the principal source of weapons, funding, training, and on-site advisers for a number of Sunni and Shiite insurgent and terrorist groups in Iraq."

From the beginning, Iran did not confine its support of anti-American fighters to Shia groups. It also supported Ansar al-Islam, a radical Sunni terrorist group with close ties to al Qaeda. ... More recently, Iranian arms dealers have supplied new weapons to al Qaeda in Iraq. A supply of arms flowed from Iran into al Qaeda strongholds in Salman Pak and Arab Jabour, presumably from the Iranian border to the south and east. From there, al Qaeda transported the munitions to Baghdad.
Are Iran and Al Qaeda in cahoots? | redblueamerica.com
no no no no... Jillian said that shia and Sunni will NEVER work together for a common goal
this cant be happening

and for the liberal morons reading this thread, YES, thats sarcasm

Actually the Bush reaction was very similar to Obama's position initially. While Mccain came out and stated that it was a Russian aggression from the beginning...

Actually the Bush reaction was very similar to Obama's position initially. While Mccain came out and stated that it was a Russian aggression from the beginning...

The point I was making is we were unable to do anything about Russia's aggression because of our insistence with the missile defence systems Russia feels so threatened by. Statements were all we could offer to the people of Georgia. We had no negotiating power with Russia.

The point I was making is we were unable to do anything about Russia's aggression because of our insistence with the missile defence systems Russia feels so threatened by. Statements were all we could offer to the people of Georgia. We had no negotiating power with Russia.

Hmm...why would Russia be threatened by a defensive system? Russia has been exhibiting agression recently but this is somehow to do with Bush? Is Bush responsible for my hot water tank breaking down last week, Damn Bush...

Look Russia's agression had an aim it was to control oil in Georgia. What do you suppose we should have done bombed the troops who went into Georgia?

Forum List

Back