Obama is too good for us

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I'm going to go have some fun, so thought I'd leave some neocon kitty toys to play with.

Obama Is Too Good for Us: Charles Fried on the Debt Fiasco - The Daily Beast

"Politics these days is no occupation for an educated man, a man of character. Ignorance and total lousiness are better. Don’t jettison such god-given advantages.”

Barack Obama is not a skillful strategist like Bill Clinton. He is not a gifted rhetorician like Ronald Reagan. Nor is he a bold and inspiring leader like Abraham Lincoln. And he can’t seem to shake himself loose from the strings that attach him to the trial lawyers, to big labor, and, surprisingly, to the standard banker-economists who got us into the mess we are in now. But he is an honest man. He is intelligent, analytical, and knowledgeable. And he tries hard to think through the dilemmas which confront us and to tell us clearly and straightforwardly what he wants to do and why he wants to do it.

But it doesn’t seem to work.

Contrast this to the politicians he is up against. When John Boehner at the height of the debt ceiling crisis answered him on the national media he simply did not tell the truth. He said that the president would not compromise, would not take yes for an answer, and wanted it all his own way. But he cannot have forgotten that he had negotiated Obama into far more cuts than Obama and his caucus had wanted, thought wise or even palatable in return for a modest increase in revenue to be achieved by closing egregious and unfair loopholes in personal and corporate taxes. This is the same compromise recommended by the “Gang of Six,” which included the extremely conservative and admirably patriotic Senator Tom Coburn, by the bipartisan Bowles-Simpson group, and by Republican economists like Martin Feldstein. It was the Speaker who, Arafat-like, walked away from that deal because he concluded he lacked the skill or the muscle or the spine to sell it to his own caucus. Let it be said that this compromise included recalculating the cost of living formula for social security—a change every responsible economist recommends—but the equally rigid Nancy Pelosi rejected.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNmdLHM9deQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪August 6, 2011 11:51 AM‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The sad thing is, liberals and liberal RINO's like Fried really think this is the case.

Obama is in the mess he's in because of his own political posturing. He could have had an increase in the Debt ceiling last year during the lame duck session. He didn't take it because he wanted the GOP to sign on to the bill and tax increases. He could have also let the Bush Tax cuts expire then. Again, he didn't want to, unless he had co-signers.

Obama had a ton of opportunities to help make this country great, and move it forward...yet every single decision has been a slap in the face. Here is some advice for him: Whatever you think is a "good idea", DO THE OPPOSITE!

Last edited:
Who you calling "Us?" Mr. Fried's brain is fried. Someone beat me to this one,but it had to be said again. :)

Last edited:
Stop bumping this stupid twits thread. Trolls don't need to be fed.

My bad. The stick, the cage.

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture3778-2bccc42e0ec3f96a149d3eeb37cb06d1.jpg

Thanks for the DEPRESSION and for obstructing the recovery, for now. NOW STFU, MORON Pubs and dupes.
And it's "The Republicans STOPPED him from doing it", dingbats, with NO other plan. Turn off the BS. tyvm LOL!

Can't recall the show or host, but last week on MSNBC I heard one of their people, in their group forum, say "It's not anyting President Obama is doing wrong, isn't it just a simple fact that it's a nasty economy?"

They all chanted in "Yes, thats right".

Of course. NOTHING wrong with Obama. Just a bad economy, out of his control. Bad wars, out of his control. Bad everything. Everything is wrong and bad EXCEPT him. It's just all those things are SO bad that even his magnificence, his brilliance, can't reverse it.

Thank God we dont' have Bush on watch, right?

Seems to be the common libtard thinking these days.

Forum List

Back