Obama is the Drug Companies' B-tch

American Horse wrote:
You seem to be arguing my side on this. Of course it is very difficult to keep track of all expenses; do we write off the complete cost of an item or of a thousand items when we have no further use for surplus items after the contract is complete, or keep them for later use incurring storage costs - how to charge for those? the problems with those types of contracts are endless and need clarification up-front.

I've always refused cost plus contracts because of the jeopardy of disagreements later over value provided and challenges to my honesty. I've always said that I will give a price including a percent for profit, and take my chances. But big corporations have platoons of accountants and systems set up, and will do those to keep their "oar in the water" for future work, otherwise they'll loose their customer base.

But I doubt that all but a miniscule number enter into a cost plus contract planning to over charge; those who would do that are almost certainly comfined to the companies which are on the verge of bankruptcy or business failure. The reason for that is that to do that despoils the whole purpose for doing the work; it certainly is not the profit motive, but it's more-so patriotic duty, and to provide continued service for an established customer base.

Cost plus contracts go for only fractional mark-up as compared to the usual competitive profit mark-up for bid, where a company might generate a percentage of profit over costs of 15% (a very high mark-up) going with a cost plus agreement, the mark-up might be limited to 5 to 7%. But then they get to recognize all their costs direct and indirect required to accomplish the job. I apologize for taking up space for this explanation, but this comes up too often not to at least be seen in a clear light; this reply is a point of personal priviledge; my credibility relative to a lifetime of work was questioned.

Someone who actually knows about government contracts and bidding. Thanks for the much needed post. Now if everyone would actually read (and understand) it that would be miracle.

Yep. So now we find out whether he screws them over or screws us over. Ain't politics grand?

This blatant lying by Obama - backtracking on his election platform when he decried the undo influence of lobbyists on legislation - and called out the drug companies specifically, it simply reeks of the worst kind of politics.

What change have we received? Not only more of the same - but the amount of shit coming out of this White House has increased exponentially.

Are you aware of the primary ad agency the drug companies will be utilizing in their $150 million pro-Obamacare ad compaign? Axelrod's former agency!!!

Good lord folks - the depths of depravity this administration has descended to appears to know no limit - with far more to come...

Yep.

Now we have to wait and see what they get out of it in the end. That's really the deciding factor. Except to partisan hacks who have already made their decisions, of course.

Are you going to come to your senses and realize that they all are crooks ?

i think some crooks have an agenda that benefits us more than the other crooks.

but the idiot wasn't whining when bush did his little dance on our pocketbooks.

Naive .... that's what I think of reading your post.

and i care what you think, why?

The reality is that there ARE things that benefit us and things that don't. Power always corrupts. So you get to pick the crooks that help you more or hurt you less depending on how you look at it.

But then again, you're not that nuanced.

Yup... everything is being sold out at this point. The bill we're getting is nothing like what we really need as a nation, or how it started out.

A lot of money, and a lot of corruption. I'll give you an additional line by the way that the companies that are running these campaigns are owned by George Soros. They didn't put that in your article though.

Forum List

Back