Obama is so sorry for Koran burning

It amazes, and sickens me, that people appear more upset over the burning of books then the murders of 25 people now. Including two soldiers that had nothing to do with the burning.

I believe he is a Muslim. Why else would he bend over backwards for them while condemning christians all the time and under minding them like making the catholic church pay for things that they feel unmoral .

I agree...with a name like "Hussein" how can he be anything but a Muslim?

Obama is not like you and me you know?

Yes, you do treat him like a god....

And if Obama didn't apologize, you'd say he's endangering US troops abroad.

Apparently, some would rather see American troops die than see President Obama behave responsibly.

I'm thankful that President Obama doesn't go off half cocked. If he were R, he'd be getting us into more wars instead of he's doing - getting out of wars.

There is nothing dishonorable in seeking a diplomatic solution.

i guess he should have said...

nah nah nah nah nah

i don't have any problem with a leader apologizing for the burning of a holy book. i would gain respect for a foreign leader if a bible was burned and he did the same. of course, if the objective is more war, then we should burn as many as possible (which it appears some people here want).

Hell.....all we need to see (for example), is the fervor (created).....

adbusters_corporate_flag.gif

......when some goddamned stitchery is burned.​

It amazes, and sickens me, that people appear more upset over the burning of books then the murders of 25 people now. Including two soldiers that had nothing to do with the burning.

Sadly I believe we are wasting our blood and treasure at this point. Savages run that country. When we leave it will spiral back into the haven it once was. We should have left years ago. Nothing has or will change.

And if Obama didn't apologize, you'd say he's endangering US troops abroad.

Apparently, some would rather see American troops die than see President Obama behave responsibly.

I'm thankful that President Obama doesn't go off half cocked. If he were R, he'd be getting us into more wars instead of he's doing - getting out of wars.

There is nothing dishonorable in seeking a diplomatic solution.

I think you're stretching the facts a bit.

So you think it is ok to burn the flag but not ok to burn the Koran?

Why is it that rw's don't understand our Constitution?

I may not like it that a person would burn the flag but I agree that they have a right to do so. Just as I have a right to burn the Koran.
Now why don't you answer my question instead of trying to avoid it?

The FULL story seems to suggest that there is no actual reason to be "sorry" for the destruction of those Qu'rans.
Please.

We're not talkin'-about reasonable-people, there.....especially when you KNOW, FUCKIN' WELL....they've got THEIR Teabagger-types, whippin'-up a FRENZY!!!!

It amazes me that after ten tears in Afghanistan, anyone would burn a Koran at all. Where were superior officers when that went on? Shouldn't they have exercised more control? If anyone needs to be accused in the deaths of soldiers over this, it's the officers that dropped the ball and helped the Islamists "prove" we're out to get them.

A question for those that think we shouldn't be able to burn the Koran.
Do you also believe it is wrong to burn the American Flag?
Should the US kill any foreigner that burn a flag?

Are we going to stoop to their level of barbarism?
I think we're a little more "advanced", if you will than that. The answer is a no. We should not kill them for burning our flag. Let's also keep it in context; who is in whos country again? Last i checked we were occupying their country.

If they were over here occupying ours, we'd probably be burning afghans by the pile, not qu'rans or flags.

So you think it is ok to burn the flag but not ok to burn the Koran?

No, that is not what I think. Remember who is in whos country here. These people are religious nutters. As if we haven't spent the last well over 30 years in the know on this and yet we still apparently haven't figured it out. Which is why we should come home and leave leaves barbarians to fight among themselves.

What? are they going to throw sheep shit at us from across the pond. Al qaeda is marginalized and there are other problems in the region far more volitile than sheep fuckers and relgious nutters. Leave them be and bring our money and troops home.

Why is it that rw's don't understand our Constitution?

They do.

You don't.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. The right to burn our flag, the Koran or the Bible is guaranteed in the first amendment, is it not? The judgment of the arsonist is another matter entirely.

The Constitution says nothing about any such right.

Some judges have "found" such rights to exist, however. Those penumbras may be dark, but they are susceptible to all kinds of examination.

Personally, I don't give a damn if some twerp finds it necessary to burn a Bible or a Qu'ran. It might be kind of ignorant, absent some rational reason, but I do consider it to be a form of speech.

Similarly, it might be (as some jurists contend) mere free speech to burn our flag in protest. I know a couple of veterans who might just disagree.

This brings us into the realm of "fighting words."

And although that's a related topic, I think going into it would be more of a deflection.

And finally, yes. The judgment of the folks doing such acts of arson is very much a different topic.

There are some very good reasons to avoid looking like we are mounting a war on Islam that has nothing to do with the president being a secret Muslim.
:razz:

Do any of those reasons necessitate the grovelling of the US for a simple mistake by some private who just got to Afghanistan? This makes 3 official apologies over something that is, essentially, a minor mistake. Do you think it is remotely possible that all these apologies are making things worse?
You mean....rather than thinking, TWICE.....before we make (another) "minor mistake"????

I know....I know......that'd require some serious sweat-equity from Teabaggers.....but, that's the World everyone (ELSE) has to live-in, presently....as well.​

Forum List

Back