Obama Is Ruining America - Really? Tell Us Exactly HOW He Is Doing That

I would very much like to thank the dozen or so cons who have come on this thread and demonstrated beyond any doubt that President Obama's alleged "sinking" of America is nothing more than right-wing talking point bull shit. Special recognition to daveman and American Cowboy in this regard.

Thanks, folks.
*sigh* Obama is ever so dreamy, isn't he, George?

I feel tingles up my leg, Dave

Oh yea?
What about Obama's budget that he wanted for next year.
3 Trillion,seven hundred and 29 billion?
He himself wanted to raise spending and the debt to over 17 1/2 trillion dollars.
I don't see any of the Dems proposals for cutting. 6 months and still no proposal from them.
And Harry Reid just shut down the Sen. recently, because they won't work with any of the Repubs. proposals.

Paul Ryan's budget was $3.5 trillion... only $200 billion under Obama, while it guts Medicare and other popular social programs. damn thats a huge amount of spending cuts!

Obama's totally powerless. Too bad he doesn't have some executive position where he can influence things, he's just a leaf in the wind, a Macaca at the passport window

what part of the word "EVERYONE" dont you understand?:cuckoo:

Are you suggesting Obama step aside because he's powerless?

so wait each branch of government is powerless? if he's powerless, then so is the house and the senate. i think they should step aside as well..

No Ryans plan was to go back to 2008 spending that was 2. 9 trillion. Still over 300 billion more than we take in.
It saves Medicare. Obama is cutting 500 billion from medicare and has cost containment. Of which many Dr's will not acctept new Medicare patients because of that. So who is guting Medicare?
And it cut 6.2 trillion over ten yeas.
What part of we can't afford the social programs are you left not getting?

This president has usurped the authority of United States Congress, and in doing so undermined the very sovereignty of this country. Never seeking congressional approval or even addressing the public about taking military action in Libya. He did get a UN resolution.

Not since the Civil War have the states been so divided against the federal government. This president, while never even touching the issue of illegal immigration, issued a report to the UN Commissioner of Human Rights about Arizona's insistence that federal immigration law be enforced.

How is this president ruining America? How isn't he?

No Ryans plan was to go back to 2008 spending that was 2. 9 trillion. Still over 300 billion more than we take in.
It saves Medicare. Obama is cutting 500 billion from medicare and has cost containment. Of which many Dr's will not acctept new Medicare patients because of that. So who is guting Medicare?
And it cut 6.2 trillion over ten yeas.
What part of we can't afford the social programs are you left not getting?

Ryan's plan called for $3.5 trillion

"The Republican-led House Budget Committee approved a $3.5 trillion budget for 2012 on Wednesday that was hailed by its GOP authors as an end to a federal spending binge but savaged by Democrats as an assault on retirees and the poor."
Paul Ryan Budget Proposal Approved By House Panel

oh i totally agree that the social programs should see some cuts, the problem will be the revolt you see from the senior who use those services from both parties. its political suicide, and politicians are more worried about their jobs than anything else.

it doesnt save medicare, it shifts the costs from medicare from the govt to the consumer, essentially turning it into an insurance program. Obama cut $500 billion but it was made up for with the Health Care bill. thats the difference, by putting more people into affordable insurance you can alleviate some of the burden on Medicare.

Ryans plan also calls for 2.8% unemployment by 2021 and around 5.8% next year alone. (i hope he has a pland to drop the UE level 3.2% in the next 6 months) he also is banking on a full repeal of the health care bill and proposed lowering taxes on the top 2% again, while eliminating taxes on capital gains.

This president has usurped the authority of United States Congress, and in doing so undermined the very sovereignty of this country. Never seeking congressional approval or even addressing the public about taking military action in Libya. He did get a UN resolution.

Not since the Civil War have the states been so divided against the federal government. This president, while never even touching the issue of illegal immigration, issued a report to the UN Commissioner of Human Rights about Arizona's insistence that federal immigration law be enforced.

How is this president ruining America? How isn't he?

seeing as how Libya is not a "war" and he sent the proper paperwork to congress under the conditions of the war powers act, everything was legal. we are also now part of a UN led program in Libya.

if you disagree with the war powers act and its interpretation by the courts that a separate issue. but as it currently stands, everything has been legal and within his power as president.

I would very much like to thank the dozen or so cons who have come on this thread and demonstrated beyond any doubt that President Obama's alleged "sinking" of America is nothing more than right-wing talking point bull shit. Special recognition to daveman and American Cowboy in this regard.

Thanks, folks.
*sigh* Obama is ever so dreamy, isn't he, George?

I feel tingles up my leg, Dave
As well you should. It's not often the gods choose to walk among mortals.

Oh yea?
What about Obama's budget that he wanted for next year.
3 Trillion,seven hundred and 29 billion?
He himself wanted to raise spending and the debt to over 17 1/2 trillion dollars.
I don't see any of the Dems proposals for cutting. 6 months and still no proposal from them.
And Harry Reid just shut down the Sen. recently, because they won't work with any of the Repubs. proposals.

Paul Ryan's budget was $3.5 trillion... only $200 billion under Obama, while it guts Medicare and other popular social programs. damn thats a huge amount of spending cuts!

Which brings us to an important economic question. The very same Republicans, who swear up and down that tax cuts would slow a fragile rebound..are saying that spending cuts are necessary. How does that work? Spending cuts would have a much worse affect on a fragile rebound that tax increases. Why? Because spending cuts means job losses. Job losses means lost revenue for business, lost revenue for the government in the form of taxes and paying out entitlements.

The Stimulus was larded with 350 billion dollars in tax breaks. That's close to half the total package. Yet Conservatives say it failed. I don't think it did..I just think it wasn't enough and tax cuts were a huge mistake.

Tax cuts were also the one major cause of the deficit George W. Bush handed Barack H. Obama.

How EXACTLY are tax cuts helping here? And how EXACTLY will spending cuts help here?

Your forgetting about getting rid of way over the top regulations that cost business too much and also stops New business from starting up, and Obama care that will cost too much.
It is the uncertainty that is holding back hiring.
The less government we have the more business and jobs thrives.

how is government "impos[ing] his worldview on science"?

i suspect your confusion is that you think your religion is science and science is somehow a religion.

yes... partisan idiocy.

perhaps if you opened other books as often as you do your bible?

LOL! Just as I suspected from your thoughtless, drive-by-insult-style of interaction on the other thread. Yours is the mind of a partisan reactionist regardless of the topic. If you had actually read my posts on that thread, instead of just assuming that the evolutionists on it were accurately representing my views, you would know the answers to these questions . . . and how incredibly foolish they are. You do understand the concept of metaphor don't you? You would know that scientifically I'm not a creationist, but an ID theorist, and you would know the difference.

Lefty never sees the tyrannical impositions of government upon the lives of those with whom he disagrees; he only sees those instances of governmental imposition that effect his life and worldview. And he doesn't get it because he never listens to or takes the time to properly understand the perspective of others. Instead he just spouts stupid slogans that merely reaffirm his caricatures of those with whom he disagrees. In short, he really never grasps what it is he's disagreeing with.

As for the topic here. . . .

Keynesianism doesn't work, never has. Keynesianism is quite specific. The term entails a well-established and well-known regiment of policies: corporate welfare, indirect infusion of money via the public sector, deficit spending and more governmental programs. The idea in theory is that once the economy recovers, the government can back off on these policies. But in the real world the government never really backs off once it grows itself via new programs, and the increased spending merely "stimulates" the private sector at the consumer end, if at all, not at the capitol end of the economy--new businesses and jobs. The end result? Government sucks up capitol and "invests" it, not according to the actual needs of the private sector in terms of market forces, but according to the wont of bureaucratic job security. The money is spent, squandered really, no real growth is realized and the nation is left deeper in debt with yet an even bigger and more entrenched bureaucracy imposing more and more capital-squandering regulation.

That is Obama's game plan. How's it working for ya?

Thanks, folks.

You have done No such thing. I have No time or desire to engage in such nonsense....
Anyone with a brain and a computer with internet can go to ANY news site and read Almost Any article to clearly see that America as we know it is quickly failing in every way. Did Obama cause all of these problems NO. Is he the LEADER that this country thought it was electing...NO. Has he done More damage since taking office..YES on every issue. He has/will continue to divide this country every chance he gets.
Please tell me What has he done to fix all of the terrible things Boooosh ruined???
Or One problem solved??

Pick a topic but to just throw out there what has he done I'm thinking "Where do I possibly begin"?? then I realize Way too many issues .

And really You're just So NOT worth my time.....

Thanks, folks.

You have done No such thing. I have No time or desire to engage in such nonsense....
Anyone with a brain and a computer with internet can go to ANY news site and read Almost Any article to clearly see that America as we know it is quickly failing in every way. Did Obama cause all of these problems NO. Is he the LEADER that this country thought it was electing...NO. Has he done More damage since taking office..YES on every issue. He has/will continue to divide this country every chance he gets.
Please tell me What has he done to fix all of the terrible things Boooosh ruined???
Or One problem solved??

Pick a topic but to just throw out there what has he done I'm thinking "Where do I possibly begin"?? then I realize Way too many issues .

Positives Obama has done in contrast to GW Bush.

- Brought back regulation to the financial markets through Dodd Frank
- Cut prescription drug cost for medicare recipients by 50%
- Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

just to name a few

Lately, I have heard a number of conservatives/Republicans grousing about the fact that, in their opinion, Obama is "sinking the country" or is "ruining America."

Is that what you think? If so, howz about coming on this thread and telling us SPECIFICALLY what you think he is doing to "sink the country." Frankly, I would like to know if there is anything to this claim, or if (as I strongly suspect), he just isn't falling in line with what the cons want to have happen.

Gentlemen (and ladies) - start your engines!

All the so called stimulous money that was spent to save jobs for starters. The only jobs it saved were state, local and federal jobs.
Then you have dumb programs like cash for clunkers which helped no one but the people who could already afford to buy new cars to begin with. Hardley uplifting to the poor or lower class
I wont get into tax policies as we will never see eye to eye on that anyhow.
His refusal to include republicans in forming policies because (we had an election and "I" won)
Letting congress run amuck unchecked without displaying any leadership on issues.
Not demanding congress pass a damn budget and vetoing spending bills untill they do so.
Trying to buy votes with bribes (ie healthcare)

Thanks, folks.

Or One problem solved??

So then you are basically joining the vast majority of the other cons on this thread who have nothing to say. Read you post over again. I don't see ONE specific there.

I put this thread up with a serious intent - I wanted to have people who have been throwing generalities all over the place for months and months, finally come up with some SPECIFICS. To their credit, a number on this thread have. But the vast majority have not. All they have seen fit to do was, like yourself, merely hurl insults or suggest that I "check the news." Someone even suggested that I look at Drudge. Can you imagine?

Anyway, if you have something specific to offer, please do so. How do you think Obama is sinking the country? Specifically what is he doing that you are oppposed to?

And, if you cannot, then, as you say, you are SO not worth MY time . . .

Obamcare.
Bailouts.
Stimuless.
Unprecedented spending with no end in sight.
Refusal to machete cut spending.
The demonizing and belittling of Republicans every chance he gets. <-- Is this really how the President of the United States is suppose act?
Growing the government even bigger.
Lack of leadership.

Pretty much why I think he's sinking this country. If it's any consolation, at this point I don't have any faith in the Rs either. I'm weary of them all.

eta: just read your response to American Cowboy. How will Obamacare ruin America? Look at Medicare ... where it started, where it was 'projected' to be by any given date, and where it is now. But the government will do better with Obamacare?

I have to go . . . it's midnight and I'm up in six hours. Will catch this thread sometime tomorrow.

Oh yeah, here we go, blaming the bailouts on Obama. It was Bush that bailed out the banks and Bush also bailed out the auto industry. Obama did give more money to the car industry after he got into office but the bailouts didn't start with him

This isn't unusual, the cons blaming the Democrat when it was the Republican that did it. If you've been on these message boards long enough then you've probably seen your share of claims that Ruby Ridge happened on Clinton's watch and a while back we had two attempts to shift 9/11 over to Clinton's watch when Dana Parino and Rudy Guilini both claimed that there hadn't been any attacks on Bush's watch

Lately, I have heard a number of conservatives/Republicans grousing about the fact that, in their opinion, Obama is "sinking the country" or is "ruining America."

Is that what you think? If so, howz about coming on this thread and telling us SPECIFICALLY what you think he is doing to "sink the country." Frankly, I would like to know if there is anything to this claim, or if (as I strongly suspect), he just isn't falling in line with what the cons want to have happen.

Gentlemen (and ladies) - start your engines!

All the so called stimulous money that was spent to save jobs for starters. The only jobs it saved were state, local and federal jobs.
Then you have dumb programs like cash for clunkers which helped no one but the people who could already afford to buy new cars to begin with. Hardley uplifting to the poor or lower class
I wont get into tax policies as we will never see eye to eye on that anyhow.
His refusal to include republicans in forming policies because (we had an election and "I" won)
Letting congress run amuck unchecked without displaying any leadership on issues.
Not demanding congress pass a damn budget and vetoing spending bills untill they do so.
Trying to buy votes with bribes (ie healthcare)

Thank you. Now THIS is what I am looking for in this thread.

Everything is not fine. Very much like the twin towers that took a decade to build and a couple of hours to knock down..the solid US economy was knocked down by 8 years of gross conservative incompetence and corruption. That's going to take alot of heavy lifting to fix. And it's not made any easier by conservatives putting radicals in to governorships or electing them as representatives.

OMG...you crack me up.

The only thing you said here that makes any sense is that it's going to take a lot of heavy lifting to fix the mess we are in today. A position that has been made 100 times worse by putting a weak-knee'd nobody with ZERO experience in dealing with a national crisis.

You are bitching and complaining about conservatives electing radicals... REALLY? So who elected the radical in office today? Hmmm? Anyone??? Bueller? Bueller? Who elected the representatives that controlled the House during the last 2 years of the Bush admin.

POINT OF THE DAY....it wasn't conservatives that elected them or the current POTUS. He has magnified the problems we already had by leaps and bounds. And in the process has created more problems.

You can play the blame game if you want. But you're losing.

President Obama is in no way radical. None. Nothing he's done even compares to the Radical policy of invading a country you percieve as a threat. That's never been done by America before. And it was extremely radical. Add in all the other radical elements of the Bush administration, like torture (Which by the way is unconstitutional), warantless wiretaps (Again unconstitutional), set up "Free Speech Zones" (again unconstitutional), denied an American citizen Habeas ( again unconstitutional ), and foreign citizens were subject to rendition and hidden away in black sites. Thats the short list on Bush. Add in Rick Scott, Michelle Bachmann, Rand Paul, Rick Perry ( who talked about Secession), Paul Ryan, etc..and you have a real hotbed of radicalism.

Nothing? Not even attacking Libya or Yemen?

FYI, the US has a pretty long history of invading countries we perceive as a threat. Do some research on why Marine NCOs have a red strip on the pants of their dress blues sometime. He has also signed extensions of the PATRIOT ACT, just proposed loosening the FBIs surveillance requirements, used free speech zones before he was even nominated for the presidency, has continued the rendition program, opened more secret prisons, ordered the assassination of US citizens, and has generally succeeded in making Bush look like a civil libertarian.

Forum List

Back