Obama Is Ruining America - Really? Tell Us Exactly HOW He Is Doing That

Lately, I have heard a number of conservatives/Republicans grousing about the fact that, in their opinion, Obama is "sinking the country" or is "ruining America."

Is that what you think? If so, howz about coming on this thread and telling us SPECIFICALLY what you think he is doing to "sink the country." Frankly, I would like to know if there is anything to this claim, or if (as I strongly suspect), he just isn't falling in line with what the cons want to have happen.

Gentlemen (and ladies) - start your engines!

Obama's Deficits are bigger than any Regan Budget

USA Credit is in the process of Downgrade

ObamaCare Unconstitutional Power Grab

do you even know why our credit is being downgraded? Obama called for an up and down vote to raise the debt ceiling without any conditions attached to it. Republicans said no, they wanted huge spending cuts attached. so we now sit in limbo, and the financial markets dont like limbo. had the debt ceiling been raised, the full faith and credit of the government would still be intact. but now we sit a point without an ability to borrow to cover our obligations. im not talking about random reckless spending im talking about the social safety net programs that both dems and repubs support. medicare, medicaid, and social security. those along with defense and interest on the debt take up about 80% of the current budget. which is more than the federal revenues they take in.

if you truly want to cut spending you need to cut about 30% from all of these programs and you will be able to balance the budget. the problem is that it is political suicide to suggest cutting any of these programs. looks at Ryan's budget to change medicare, its being met with a huge backlash. the bipartisan debt commission couldnt even get enough of its members to agree on a plan to suggest to congress.

this is not a problem obama created, yet it is a problem he has to deal with.

im curious though, when bush and the repubs were in control of both congress (2000-2006) and the WH and the economy was in a huge boom, why were there no calls for fiscal conservancy and spending cuts to pay down the debt?

Deficit in 2006 was under $300B and falling.

Moody's already warned on a down grade because of Obama's annual unsustainable Trillion plus deficits. See how that works?

Reckless crack ho spending and having a POTUS who will fuck senior secured creditors to pay off his UAW Vote Manufacturing base is what caused the downgrade.

Four pages deep and not one link of evidence to prove that Obama is ruining the country.
"I don't see anything wrong!!"

rebelyell.jpg

do you even know why our credit is being downgraded? Obama called for an up and down vote to raise the debt ceiling without any conditions attached to it. Republicans said no, they wanted huge spending cuts attached. so we now sit in limbo, and the financial markets dont like limbo. had the debt ceiling been raised, the full faith and credit of the government would still be intact. but now we sit a point without an ability to borrow to cover our obligations. im not talking about random reckless spending im talking about the social safety net programs that both dems and repubs support. medicare, medicaid, and social security. those along with defense and interest on the debt take up about 80% of the current budget. which is more than the federal revenues they take in.

if you truly want to cut spending you need to cut about 30% from all of these programs and you will be able to balance the budget. the problem is that it is political suicide to suggest cutting any of these programs. looks at Ryan's budget to change medicare, its being met with a huge backlash. the bipartisan debt commission couldnt even get enough of its members to agree on a plan to suggest to congress.

im curious though, when bush and the repubs were in control of both congress (2000-2006) and the WH and the economy was in a huge boom, why were there no calls for fiscal conservancy and spending cuts to pay down the debt?

Deficit in 2006 was under $300B and falling.

Moody's already warned on a down grade because of Obama's annual unsustainable Trillion plus deficits. See how that works?

Reckless crack ho spending and having a POTUS who will fuck senior secured creditors to pay off his UAW Vote Manufacturing base is what caused the downgrade.

the actual bush deficit did not include any of the wars, as they were passed under emergency spending bills. this also coming from the same party where Cheney said "deficits dont matter."

So what is driving Obama’s unprecedented massive deficits?
President Bush expanded the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008.
President Bush began a string of expensive finan*cial bailouts.
President Bush created a Medicare drug entitle*ment that will cost an estimated $800 billion in its first decade.
President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation.
President Bush tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers.
President Bush presided over a $2.5 trillion increase in the public debt through 2008. Setting aside 2009 (for which Presidents Bush and Obama share responsibility for an additional $2.6 trillion in public debt)

yup all things Obama created.

even still you didnt tell me how you were gonna cut 30% from medicare, medicaid, social security and defense that would be needed to balance the budget.

Yes, for once you're correct (even a broken clock etc.). Unemplotment is the word, and the word means a plot is underway to fundamentally change America into a plutocracy. And you and the other mentally impaired, proud, loud and profane RWers are complicit in killing democracy and ultimately our Republic.

Your kind wraps theselves in our flag and carrying the Christian cross are the greatest threat to America today. None of you are patriots; your kind are today's quislings, supporting not a foreign invader but a fifth column oligarchy lead by Grover Norquist.

Of course like most radicals you believe in the cause, parrot the propaganda but really have no clue as to events as they unfold. History will be your judge, for the one constant in our history is the American voter rejects extremists - even though Citizen United v. FEC wounded democracy, the pendulum always seeks the middle.
If you want to know what a leftist wants, see what he accuses the right of.

Bankrupting America

Redistrubution of Wealth

Over Regulation

Increasing the size of government by 30%

Commiecare

etc etc etc

HOW is he bankrupting America? Specifically, what is Obama doing to make this happen?

WHERE is he over regulating?

HOW is he redistributing wealth?

The only specific thing you mentioned was health care, although you fail to mention how or in what manner this is going to ruin America.

Seriously You need links to see how Obama is ruining America???
Click on DRUDGE.com. You will find links to most major news sources...Click on any one of them. You will find a multitued of articles as to how & why Obama is ruining America. Are you new to reading the news or just haven't had a chance to catch up with what's happening in the world these days.

Do you own a home?? How about those home values these days. Got a Job?? If you do you must be a govt worker or a union member or Both. How about the price of gas these days??? We're going to be buying oil from Brazil that they are drilling with our own money. How fantastic is that??? Oh and the 2 New wars that have Not been approved by congress making them illegal....Speaking of illegal how about that so. border of ours???? Or have you heard that there's a debate going on about raising the debt ceiling?? Do you have a clue to what that actually means?? Been to the grocery store lately??? Notice the smaller cans and packages with a higher pricetag????

Do a Little research & reading then maybe we can debate something but I have No desire to spoon feed you what is so readily available with just a few clicks on the internet...An amazing invention invented by Al Gore. It's time to Wake Up ~~~ :lol:

Do you have any clue whatsoever as to what really caused the housing bubble? Obama had nothing to do with it, but I'm sure you will think of a reason that he did.

Lately, I have heard a number of conservatives/Republicans grousing about the fact that, in their opinion, Obama is "sinking the country" or is "ruining America."

Is that what you think? If so, howz about coming on this thread and telling us SPECIFICALLY what you think he is doing to "sink the country." Frankly, I would like to know if there is anything to this claim, or if (as I strongly suspect), he just isn't falling in line with what the cons want to have happen.

Cut 30% from Medicare and SS and watch another 5 million homes go into foreclosure. Home values will drop another 40% and then we will be in a full scale depression, and it will take a full generation to come out of it.

Cut 30% from Medicare and SS and watch another 5 million homes go into foreclosure. Home values will drop another 40% and then we will be in a full scale depression, and it will take a full generation to come out of it.

im not proposing this at all, im simply pointing out that in order to balance the budget, that is basically what must happen. which deficit hawks fail to realize or talk about ever, is the affects that such spending cuts would have on the economy as a whole.

Yes, for once you're correct (even a broken clock etc.). Unemplotment is the word, and the word means a plot is underway to fundamentally change America into a plutocracy. And you and the other mentally impaired, proud, loud and profane RWers are complicit in killing democracy and ultimately our Republic.

Your kind wraps theselves in our flag and carrying the Christian cross are the greatest threat to America today. None of you are patriots; your kind are today's quislings, supporting not a foreign invader but a fifth column oligarchy lead by Grover Norquist.

Of course like most radicals you believe in the cause, parrot the propaganda but really have no clue as to events as they unfold. History will be your judge, for the one constant in our history is the American voter rejects extremists - even though Citizen United v. FEC wounded democracy, the pendulum always seeks the middle.

daveboy, my post was an observation, not an accusation. Do you know who Grover Norquist is, do you know who attends the Wednesay evening meetings? The agenda is quite clear, Norquist is a true believer, he doesn't have a hidden agenda, his agenda is there for all to see. As usual you are being willfully ignorant (and I'm really not sure how willful your ignorance is) and lying. For I'm not a leftist, I may appear so to you (and the rest of the echo chamber) because you and they are so far on the right wing your collective perspective is blurred.

daveboy, my post was an observation, not an accusation. Do you know who Grover Norquist is, do you know who attends the Wednesay evening meetings? The agenda is quite clear, Norquist is a true believer, he doesn't have a hidden agenda, his agenda is there for all to see. As usual you are being willfully ignorant (and I'm really not sure how willful your ignorance is) and lying. For I'm not a leftist, I may appear so to you (and the rest of the echo chamber) because you and they are so far on the right wing your collective perspective is blurred.
How many times do I have to tell you, moron? A lie isn't "anything a leftist disagrees with".

When's your birthday? I want to give you a damn dictionary. You need one.

Cause they were to busy spending like drunken sailors..:lol:

I would very much like to thank the dozen or so cons who have come on this thread and demonstrated beyond any doubt that President Obama's alleged "sinking" of America is nothing more than right-wing talking point bull shit. Special recognition to daveman and American Cowboy in this regard.

Thanks, folks.

Last edited:
Yeah that whole downgrading of our Credit rating...bah! who needs a credit rating?

by your signature you quote Obama wit this "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies"

yet you only blame Obama for this failure. Not anyone else in congress? This is a democracy, and seeing as how Obama can not simply go turn a magic switch and raise the debt limit, that duty falls to Congress. I would put more of the ownership on them to come up with a plan to raise the debt ceiling. Obama wanted an up and down vote, they tried it and it didnt pass. So now the responsibility falls on Congress to come up with another plan and put that for vote.

did you forget how government work?

Yeah that whole downgrading of our Credit rating...bah! who needs a credit rating?

by your signature you quote Obama wit this "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. ... It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our government's reckless fiscal policies"

yet you only blame Obama for this failure. Not anyone else in congress? This is a democracy, and seeing as how Obama can not simply go turn a magic switch and raise the debt limit, that duty falls to Congress. I would put more of the ownership on them to come up with a plan to raise the debt ceiling. Obama wanted an up and down vote, they tried it and it didnt pass. So now the responsibility falls on Congress to come up with another plan and put that for vote.

This is why I can never put Obama Fluffers on ignore

The blame is on everyone. not an individual you jackass. :cuckoo:

Oh yea?
What about Obama's budget that he wanted for next year.
3 Trillion,seven hundred and 29 billion?
He himself wanted to raise spending and the debt to over 17 1/2 trillion dollars.
I don't see any of the Dems proposals for cutting. 6 months and still no proposal from them.
And Harry Reid just shut down the Sen. recently, because they won't work with any of the Repubs. proposals.

The blame is on everyone. not an individual you jackass. :cuckoo:

Obama's totally powerless. Too bad he doesn't have some executive position where he can influence things, he's just a leaf in the wind, a Macaca at the passport window

I would very much like to thank the dozen or so cons who have come on this thread and demonstrated beyond any doubt that President Obama's alleged "sinking" of America is nothing more than right-wing talking point bull shit. Special recognition to daveman and American Cowboy in this regard.

Thanks, folks.
*sigh* Obama is ever so dreamy, isn't he, George?

Forum List

Back