Obama Is Ruining America - Really? Tell Us Exactly HOW He Is Doing That

What and get articles from NewsMax, FOX, Breitbart, The New York Post and Wall Street Journal? All those rags are essentially owned and operated by the same people. And if you are so upset about not being able to get a private sector job...why don't you ask yourself why they aren't hiring instead of blaming people who still have jobs? TARP bailed out the banking, insurance and financial industries. How did the private sector reward the taxpayers? With more layoffs. They also rewarded their top executives with multimillion dollar compensation packages. And this while they are making more profit during this time period then in all of history. And our borders? Maybe you should pick up a paper from a more reliable news source. ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS DOWN. And President Obama sent troops to the border to supplement the border guards. And yeah..I've heard the batshit crazy Republicans are still holding the budget hostage over wanting to cut funding for seniors, kids and people that can't find jobs..while lavishing the wealthy with more wealth.

So maybe..you might want to try another news outlet. One that deals with reality.

Don't worry, you dont have to do any actual research on your own, just keep believing the Pelosi/Reid/Obama line that everything is just fine and will continue to be so as long as you keep voting for them. :eusa_whistle:

Everything is not fine. Very much like the twin towers that took a decade to build and a couple of hours to knock down..the solid US economy was knocked down by 8 years of gross conservative incompetence and corruption. That's going to take alot of heavy lifting to fix. And it's not made any easier by conservatives putting radicals in to governorships or electing them as representatives.

OMG...you crack me up.

The only thing you said here that makes any sense is that it's going to take a lot of heavy lifting to fix the mess we are in today. A position that has been made 100 times worse by putting a weak-knee'd nobody with ZERO experience in dealing with a national crisis.

You are bitching and complaining about conservatives electing radicals... REALLY? So who elected the radical in office today? Hmmm? Anyone??? Bueller? Bueller? Who elected the representatives that controlled the House during the last 2 years of the Bush admin.

POINT OF THE DAY....it wasn't conservatives that elected them or the current POTUS. He has magnified the problems we already had by leaps and bounds. And in the process has created more problems.

You can play the blame game if you want. But you're losing.

Lately, I have heard a number of conservatives/Republicans grousing about the fact that, in their opinion, Obama is "sinking the country" or is "ruining America."

Is that what you think? If so, howz about coming on this thread and telling us SPECIFICALLY what you think he is doing to "sink the country." Frankly, I would like to know if there is anything to this claim, or if (as I strongly suspect), he just isn't falling in line with what the cons want to have happen.

Gentlemen (and ladies) - start your engines!

I don't know about ruining, but if you want something specific lets talk about the green energy policies he wants to institute.

California is "leading" the nation in green energy, and Gov. Brown recently signed an initiative that one third of California's energy comes from renewable sources by 2020. Think for a minute about what that means.

California's peak demand is about 52,000 MWe (megawatts electricity.). If we assume that the demand does not increase significantly over the next decade, and simplify the numbers just a bit, we end up with a target of 17,000 MWe. Let's split that evenly, and get half of that power from wind and half from solar.

California is currently investing $2 billion in a solar power facility at Ivanpah which is projected to produce 370 MWe. this soar facility will cover about 3600 acres, which is about 5 and a half square miles. In order to produce 8,500 MWe of power California will have to build 23 solar generating facilities the size of Ivanpah, That would cover an area of about 129 square miles.

There is a wind power farm in Texas that produces 781.5 MWe and covers 154 sq miles. In order for California to produce 8500 MWe they would need wind farms that cover 1675 sq miles, an area about 70 times the size of Manhattan.

Can you imagine the environmental impact that type of wholesale diversion of land to power generation will have? Obama wants to do the same thing on a national scale. That is not possible with our current level of technology. It is, at the earliest, 50 years in the future even if someone finds a way to treble the output of solar and wind generators tomorrow.

Yes..because it's impossible to make break throughs that accelerate technology by "Quantum" leaps.

I'm glad this type of thinking was not all that well regarded during the industrial revolution..or when the interwebs were being developed..

If man were meant to fly..he'd have wings.. :lol:

Don't worry, you dont have to do any actual research on your own, just keep believing the Pelosi/Reid/Obama line that everything is just fine and will continue to be so as long as you keep voting for them. :eusa_whistle:

Everything is not fine. Very much like the twin towers that took a decade to build and a couple of hours to knock down..the solid US economy was knocked down by 8 years of gross conservative incompetence and corruption. That's going to take alot of heavy lifting to fix. And it's not made any easier by conservatives putting radicals in to governorships or electing them as representatives.

OMG...you crack me up.

The only thing you said here that makes any sense is that it's going to take a lot of heavy lifting to fix the mess we are in today. A position that has been made 100 times worse by putting a weak-knee'd nobody with ZERO experience in dealing with a national crisis.

You are bitching and complaining about conservatives electing radicals... REALLY? So who elected the radical in office today? Hmmm? Anyone??? Bueller? Bueller? Who elected the representatives that controlled the House during the last 2 years of the Bush admin.

POINT OF THE DAY....it wasn't conservatives that elected them or the current POTUS. He has magnified the problems we already had by leaps and bounds. And in the process has created more problems.

President Obama is in no way radical. None. Nothing he's done even compares to the Radical policy of invading a country you percieve as a threat. That's never been done by America before. And it was extremely radical. Add in all the other radical elements of the Bush administration, like torture (Which by the way is unconstitutional), warantless wiretaps (Again unconstitutional), set up "Free Speech Zones" (again unconstitutional), denied an American citizen Habeas ( again unconstitutional ), and foreign citizens were subject to rendition and hidden away in black sites. Thats the short list on Bush. Add in Rick Scott, Michelle Bachmann, Rand Paul, Rick Perry ( who talked about Secession), Paul Ryan, etc..and you have a real hotbed of radicalism.

Lately, I have heard a number of conservatives/Republicans grousing about the fact that, in their opinion, Obama is "sinking the country" or is "ruining America."

Is that what you think? If so, howz about coming on this thread and telling us SPECIFICALLY what you think he is doing to "sink the country." Frankly, I would like to know if there is anything to this claim, or if (as I strongly suspect), he just isn't falling in line with what the cons want to have happen.

Gentlemen (and ladies) - start your engines!

I don't know about ruining, but if you want something specific lets talk about the green energy policies he wants to institute.

California is "leading" the nation in green energy, and Gov. Brown recently signed an initiative that one third of California's energy comes from renewable sources by 2020. Think for a minute about what that means.

California's peak demand is about 52,000 MWe (megawatts electricity.). If we assume that the demand does not increase significantly over the next decade, and simplify the numbers just a bit, we end up with a target of 17,000 MWe. Let's split that evenly, and get half of that power from wind and half from solar.

California is currently investing $2 billion in a solar power facility at Ivanpah which is projected to produce 370 MWe. this soar facility will cover about 3600 acres, which is about 5 and a half square miles. In order to produce 8,500 MWe of power California will have to build 23 solar generating facilities the size of Ivanpah, That would cover an area of about 129 square miles.

There is a wind power farm in Texas that produces 781.5 MWe and covers 154 sq miles. In order for California to produce 8500 MWe they would need wind farms that cover 1675 sq miles, an area about 70 times the size of Manhattan.

Can you imagine the environmental impact that type of wholesale diversion of land to power generation will have? Obama wants to do the same thing on a national scale. That is not possible with our current level of technology. It is, at the earliest, 50 years in the future even if someone finds a way to treble the output of solar and wind generators tomorrow.

Yes..because it's impossible to make break throughs that accelerate technology by "Quantum" leaps.

I'm glad this type of thinking was not all that well regarded during the industrial revolution..or when the interwebs were being developed..

If man were meant to fly..he'd have wings.. :lol:

Shut the fuck up dude...

Your partisan bullshit and ignorance is breathtaking...

Yeah, I know in your little world you actually are taught to believe those who "insult you" are wrong and you're right....

Yeah I know your whole philosophy....

Start using your head instead of your heart..... Your heart has no brain, neither do you at this point in time kid...

HOW is he bankrupting America? Specifically, what is Obama doing to make this happen?

WHERE is he over regulating?

HOW is he redistributing wealth?

The only specific thing you mentioned was health care, although you fail to mention how or in what manner this is going to ruin America.

Seriously You need links to see how Obama is ruining America???
Click on DRUDGE.com. You will find links to most major news sources...Click on any one of them. You will find a multitued of articles as to how & why Obama is ruining America. Are you new to reading the news or just haven't had a chance to catch up with what's happening in the world these days.

Do you own a home??
Yes.

Pretty excellent. It's worth about 8 times as much as it did when we bought it. Even so, how is that Obama's fault?
Well, no. I do have a job, I'm self employed. I make a decent amount of money. Also, how is this Obama's fault?
I don't drive. Also, how is this Obama's fault?
Yeah, that's not true.

I do love how now that the President is a Democrat, Conservatives have become pacifists, but according to the War Powers Act, Obama had to send a letter to Congress, and now it's on Congress to vote on it. They haven't yet...You mean the one that has more border guards, and more arrests than it did when Bush was President? Yes, I do. I bet you don't, though.
Been to the grocery store lately??? Notice the smaller cans and packages with a higher pricetag????
Not really, no. Pretty much the same prices I've been paying for the last decade.

Do a Little research & reading then maybe we can debate something but I have No desire to spoon feed you what is so readily available with just a few clicks on the internet...An amazing invention invented by Al Gore. It's time to Wake Up ~~~ :lol:
I think his point was no one seems to be able to explain why all of these problems are Obama's fault.

Not really, no. Pretty much the same prices I've been paying for the last decade.

Price at your local soup kitchen has not changed much...free right?

"Wholesale prices up 1.6 pct. on steep rise in food" Link

Yes.

Pretty excellent. It's worth about 8 times as much as it did when we bought it. Even so, how is that Obama's fault?

Sounds like the house you own is in Fantasyland. Home prices have continued to fall for the third straight month.

Well, no. I do have a job, I'm self employed. I make a decent amount of money.

Picking up aluminium cans on the side of the road is not really a job.

Anyone want to bet this loser lost his licence to a DUI?

Yeah, that's not true

Yes, it is true stupid

"On a recent trip to Brazil, Obama congratulated the country's president on the huge offshore oil reserves Brazil recently discovered, and assured them "when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers." Granted, Brazil as an energy source would be preferable to many Middle Eastern countries. But make no mistake; Obama is subsidizing oil production in other countries while choking it in the U.S. because he's bowing to America's green lobby. Brazil's oil exploration was funded, in part, by U.S. taxpayer-supported loan programs".

From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20110603...l-industry-is-counterproductive#ixzz1P8t9IZNo

Last edited:
When he ran for president he promised to cut the deficit in half. Pretty sure he did not do that. In fact, he has spent more than any president in history. He also failed to pass a budget for an entire year because they wanted to continue their reckless spending.

OMG...you crack me up.

President Obama is in no way radical. None. Nothing he's done even compares to the Radical policy of invading a country you percieve as a threat. That's never been done by America before. And it was extremely radical. Add in all the other radical elements of the Bush administration, like torture (Which by the way is unconstitutional), warantless wiretaps (Again unconstitutional), set up "Free Speech Zones" (again unconstitutional), denied an American citizen Habeas ( again unconstitutional ), and foreign citizens were subject to rendition and hidden away in black sites. Thats the short list on Bush. Add in Rick Scott, Michelle Bachmann, Rand Paul, Rick Perry ( who talked about Secession), Paul Ryan, etc..and you have a real hotbed of radicalism.

Invading a country with the blessing of a majority of democrats who controlled the House? I get it...you're a peace lover...that's cool...war is ugly. But you can't strap the right with that responsiblity when so many democrats had the same perception. Torture? Shall I assume you mean waterboarding? There are so many types of torture. Can you say for certain that there has been NO torture during this administration or other administrations prior to Bush (including democrat presidents)? There are so many things that we don't know that happen on a daily basis. I'm not saying I approve of waterboarding. I'm simply suggesting that, once again, you can't just label the radicals on the right if you're not willing to acknowledge the radicals on the left who supported it. Wiretaps...this one is so borderline. Yeah, it did smack of right infringement. But it was hardly "warrantless". It was set up to detect communication between Al Queda members abroad and within our borders. It's concept had merit. Hardly radical. The FBI bugs phones and rooms everyday. Are they radical? No. And BTW, the program was ultimately ruled by the US Court of Appeals to be allowed to continue and was later dismissed by that same court based on a lack of standing by the plaintiff. IO think I have made my point...besides, I'm too tired to go into the rest of these things...but I will say this
though, you put quite a list of names together there at the end...
You should do a little research on Obama and his list of pals over the past. But you are going to have to be willing to accept what you find out. And you're going to have to dig a little. Well, not too deep really. You can look at his early appointed positions to find several. Kevin Jennings comes to mind. Of course, Ayers and Wright...but they are to expected to be brought up here. ACORN...radical to the nth degree, all of them.

Additionally, right now, this very moment, this country is adding 1/5th billion dollars of debt EVERY HOUR! DO YOU KNOW HOW INSANE THAT IS!? Obama also has no plan of drastic spending cuts. If we are able to stabilize the debt from growing right now with drastic cuts, we might have a chance at survival. But if the spending keeps up (it will, always has with these democrats) we will be considered a 3rd world country. It's just a matter of time. And when it does happen, it will put the great depression to shame.

Or you, Obama and the rest of the moonbats can tell us for the 50,000th time how Bush ruined America and how Obama is saving us.......

so it's ruining america not to save it immediately from the damage bush and company did?

that's nice.

Sorry Jillian, it's not being saved. The sinking ship has bigger holes and even a few new ones. You don't keep a ship from sinking by puncturing the hull a few more times before you start bailing water.

Speaking of bailing...we're trying to bail out Greece when we're in dire straits...how is that a good move? When will the US get a bail out? Oh that's right....NEVER.

HOW is he bankrupting America? Specifically, what is Obama doing to make this happen?

WHERE is he over regulating?

HOW is he redistributing wealth?

The only specific thing you mentioned was health care, although you fail to mention how or in what manner this is going to ruin America.

Click on DRUDGE.com. You will find links to most major news sources...Click on any one of them. You will find a multitued of articles as to how & why Obama is ruining America. Are you new to reading the news or just haven't had a chance to catch up with what's happening in the world these days.

Do you own a home?? How about those home values these days. Got a Job?? If you do you must be a govt worker or a union member or Both. How about the price of gas these days??? We're going to be buying oil from Brazil that they are drilling with our own money. How fantastic is that??? Oh and the 2 New wars that have Not been approved by congress making them illegal....Speaking of illegal how about that so. border of ours???? Or have you heard that there's a debate going on about raising the debt ceiling?? Do you have a clue to what that actually means?? Been to the grocery store lately??? Notice the smaller cans and packages with a higher pricetag????

Do a Little research & reading then maybe we can debate something but I have No desire to spoon feed you what is so readily available with just a few clicks on the internet...An amazing invention invented by Al Gore. It's time to Wake Up ~~~ :lol:

What and get articles from NewsMax, FOX, Breitbart, The New York Post and Wall Street Journal? All those rags are essentially owned and operated by the same people. And if you are so upset about not being able to get a private sector job...why don't you ask yourself why they aren't hiring instead of blaming people who still have jobs? TARP bailed out the banking, insurance and financial industries. How did the private sector reward the taxpayers? With more layoffs. They also rewarded their top executives with multimillion dollar compensation packages. And this while they are making more profit during this time period then in all of history. And our borders? Maybe you should pick up a paper from a more reliable news source. ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION IS DOWN. And President Obama sent troops to the border to supplement the border guards. And yeah..I've heard the batshit crazy Republicans are still holding the budget hostage over wanting to cut funding for seniors, kids and people that can't find jobs..while lavishing the wealthy with more wealth.

So maybe..you might want to try another news outlet. One that deals with reality.

I was actually making things simple for you. Want to learn something new each day start with Real Clear Politics. That should get your day started with something to think about. It's a grown up site!!!

Invading a country with the blessing of a majority of democrats who controlled the House?

The majority of Democrats voted against the AUMF Iraq.

But enough of them voted FOR it...including Hillary, Kerry and many other key players.

You see how powerful the control of the House is? While there may have been many who didn't support the invasion, there were enough, and it was a large number, that carried it over.

that is why it is so silly to blame one man for the actions and mindsets of so many.

You can't shame the president when his authority is controlled by both sides of the isle.

Do you own a home??
Yes.

Well, no. I do have a job, I'm self employed. I make a decent amount of money. Also, how is this Obama's fault?
Yeah, that's not true.

I do love how now that the President is a Democrat, Conservatives have become pacifists, but according to the War Powers Act, Obama had to send a letter to Congress, and now it's on Congress to vote on it. They haven't yet...You mean the one that has more border guards, and more arrests than it did when Bush was President? Yes, I do. I bet you don't, though. Not really, no. Pretty much the same prices I've been paying for the last decade.

I think his point was no one seems to be able to explain why all of these problems are Obama's fault.

Price at your local soup kitchen has not changed much...free right?

"Wholesale prices up 1.6 pct. on steep rise in food" Link
Haven't noticed. Still spend about $200 a week on groceries, same as it's been for a while.

Sounds like the house you own is in Fantasyland. Home prices have continued to fall for the third straight month.
No, it's in Park Slope, in Brooklyn. Bought the house in the 70s for 110 grand. Appraised last year at 2.5 million.

Yes, it is true stupid

"On a recent trip to Brazil, Obama congratulated the country's president on the huge offshore oil reserves Brazil recently discovered, and assured them "when you're ready to start selling, we want to be one of your best customers." Granted, Brazil as an energy source would be preferable to many Middle Eastern countries. But make no mistake; Obama is subsidizing oil production in other countries while choking it in the U.S. because he's bowing to America's green lobby. Brazil's oil exploration was funded, in part, by U.S. taxpayer-supported loan programs".

From The Detroit News: Editorials | Bashing oil industry is counterproductive | The Detroit News
The Export-Import Bank (the organization that gave those loans to Petrobras) is not taxpayer funded. It's an independent governmental bank that is entirely self-sufficient, and has turned a profit for taxpayers.

I took the liberty of removing your childish personal attacks. Grow up, we're not in kindergarten anymore.

Do you own a home?? How about those home values these days. Got a Job?? If you do you must be a govt worker or a union member or Both. How about the price of gas these days??? We're going to be buying oil from Brazil that they are drilling with our own money. How fantastic is that??? Oh and the 2 New wars that have Not been approved by congress making them illegal....Speaking of illegal how about that so. border of ours???? Or have you heard that there's a debate going on about raising the debt ceiling?? Do you have a clue to what that actually means?? Been to the grocery store lately??? Notice the smaller cans and packages with a higher pricetag????

I was actually making things simple for you. Want to learn something new each day start with Real Clear Politics. That should get your day started with something to think about. It's a grown up site!!!

Once again, if it doesn't support Obama, it's a rag. But if it does...well, then it's credible. Like Bill Maher is a credible commentator.....rrrrrrrriiiiiiiight.

But Blue Mistress gets kudos for trying. I like RCP. And Drudge is one the best at digging deep to find credible sources. Hat's off to his staff.

Once again, if it doesn't support Obama, it's a rag. But if it does...well, then it's credible. Like Bill Maher is a credible commentator.....rrrrrrrriiiiiiiight.

But Blue Mistress gets kudos for trying. I like RCP. And Drudge is one the best at digging deep to find credible sources. Hat's off to his staff.

Obama is a democrat!

Yep – that’s it, pure partisan idiocy.

This from the guy who holds it's constitutional for the government to impose his worldview on science, his religion really, in the public education system.

Partisan idiocy?

The United States is in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression and is nearly 14.5 trillion dollars in debt. Lead by this president, the Democrats answer to that is to increase regulation, shut down offshore drilling, undermine the coal industry, i.e., drive up the cost of energy and food, squander billions in new government spending, grow the size of the government and block necessary entitlement program reforms with the predictable outcome being an ever-worsening economy and even higher unemployment. :cuckoo:

How about you leftist moonbats explain to us how this regiment of domestic policy has helped the nation, given that it is economically worse off today and even further in debt to boot.

Ya know, this president promised to cut the deficit in half in his first term. Obviously that's not going to happen. Explain this failure.

Last edited:
Apparently, based on what I'm reading here, Obama is personally and all by himself, killing American with

buzzwords!

This from the guy who holds it's constitutional for the government to impose his worldview on science, his religion really, in the public education system.

how is government "impos[ing] his worldview on science"?

i suspect your confusion is that you think your religion is science and science is somehow a religion.

yes... partisan idiocy.

perhaps if you opened other books as often as you do your bible?

Last edited:
Invading a country with the blessing of a majority of democrats who controlled the House?

The majority of Democrats voted against the AUMF Iraq.

But enough of them voted FOR it...including Hillary, Kerry and many other key players.

You see how powerful the control of the House is? While there may have been many who didn't support the invasion, there were enough, and it was a large number, that carried it over.

that is why it is so silly to blame one man for the actions and mindsets of so many.

You can't shame the president when his authority is controlled by both sides of the isle.

Hillary and Kerry weren't/aren't in the House.

Hillary's vote for the war in Iraq was a key reason why Hillary lost the 2008 primary.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back