Obama is right about one thing.we should put troops in Africa .

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
i know we have troops on the continent ,but what i mean is black Africa. i know that i am not the most racially sensitive guy on this board,but i mean it !! we need to put a stop to the atrocities going on !! and i'll bet the country would not divide over this!! i am tired of watching children die and starve because of selfish dictators !!

very true ...but politics needs to be set aside on this issue . there is absolute horror going on there !!

Could we fix our society's problems before we devote billions of dollars to some hell hole that will never get it's act together? Or do we want another Afghanistan?

not a good analogy...

Afghanistan had its shit more-or-less together, albeit in a fucked-up ragheaded way, before we ever went there... people in Afghanistan were never subject to famine...

if we dared to try to intervene in any of the various shit-holes in Africa in any kind of meaning way, despite our good intentions it would be an absolute disaster of nightmarish proportions...

Could we fix our society's problems before we devote billions of dollars to some hell hole that will never get it's act together? Or do we want another Afghanistan?

not a good analogy...

Afghanistan had its shit more-or-less together, albeit in a fucked-up ragheaded way, before we ever went there... people in Afghanistan were never subject to famine...

if we dared to try to intervene in any of the various shit-holes in Africa in any kind of meaning way, despite our good intentions it would be an absolute disaster of nightmarish proportions...
well..it looks like we are about to step up the military presence there.

Send in the Peace Corps if you want, but don't use our military as Policemen of the World.

Hand it over to the UN. They'll take care of it.
Then our Liberal populace will find a way to blame it on Republicans.
That won't work because our Military is ALREADY under UN control. Obama and Panetta already said so.

Africa should be France and Britain's problem. They created most of the messes there.

true dat...

Germany, Belgium and Italy also had a hand in it...

Liberia is 'bout the only spot on the continent for which we should have to bear some direct responsibility...

*sigh*

Do you clowns know how incredibly dependent we are on Africa's natural resources? You like your iPods? Your computers? Your national defense network?

Our trade alliances with African nations are critical.

China has been working very hard at tipping the balance of power in Africa to their favor. Very hard.

It's going to slip right through our fingers if we do nothing about that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back