Obama Is Presiding Over The Fastest 6 Month Drop In Unemployment Since 1984

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010

UUxCJ.png

In the chart above from the Federal Reserve in St. Louis, you can see that President Obama’s private sector job growth has been progressing. That “U” shape is the shape of a private sector recovery. Look at the exact time period the private sector turned the corner. It was the first quarter of 2010, about 6 months after the stimulus took effect.

After each monthly jobs report I like to highlight two specific industries, healthcare and manufacturing. The healthcare industry in the month of January added over 30,000 jobs. I keep an eye on this, because this is the industry that is directly regulated by ObamaCare and the GOP keeps repeating that Obamacare is a job killer.

NEWSFLASH…if Obamacare is going to kill jobs, shouldn’t the first industry it kills be the industry it DIRECTLY regulates? Of course it should, but it doesn’t.

The second area I want to focus on is manufacturing. This industry did exceptionally well in January. Manufacturing added 50,000 jobs in the last month. That is a pretty healthy clip.

While the total number was 243K jobs created in January, the private sector ALONE added 257,000. The number that everyone is reporting adds into the equation, 14,000 layoffs in the public sector so it reduced the overall number.

Over the last 6 months unemployment has DECLINED at the fastest pace since 1984, when Ronald Reagan was president. If this keeps up and the Republicans do not try halt economic growth through austerity measures, President Obama will win by a landslide in November.

Stated as the workforce drops in number...by design...:eusa_whistle:

Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rate
Type of data: Percent or rate

LaborForceParticipation.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

UUxCJ.png

In the chart above from the Federal Reserve in St. Louis, you can see that President Obama’s private sector job growth has been progressing. That “U” shape is the shape of a private sector recovery. Look at the exact time period the private sector turned the corner. It was the first quarter of 2010, about 6 months after the stimulus took effect.

After each monthly jobs report I like to highlight two specific industries, healthcare and manufacturing. The healthcare industry in the month of January added over 30,000 jobs. I keep an eye on this, because this is the industry that is directly regulated by ObamaCare and the GOP keeps repeating that Obamacare is a job killer.

NEWSFLASH…if Obamacare is going to kill jobs, shouldn’t the first industry it kills be the industry it DIRECTLY regulates? Of course it should, but it doesn’t.

The second area I want to focus on is manufacturing. This industry did exceptionally well in January. Manufacturing added 50,000 jobs in the last month. That is a pretty healthy clip.

While the total number was 243K jobs created in January, the private sector ALONE added 257,000. The number that everyone is reporting adds into the equation, 14,000 layoffs in the public sector so it reduced the overall number.

Over the last 6 months unemployment has DECLINED at the fastest pace since 1984, when Ronald Reagan was president. If this keeps up and the Republicans do not try halt economic growth through austerity measures, President Obama will win by a landslide in November.

Dropping people from the count does it every time.

UUxCJ.png

Yep. Cooked books work well for the O.

And he was handed the fasted decline in employment in the history of the United States.

Funny, Republicans created one and tried to stop the other.

UUxCJ.png

Yep. Cooked books work well for the O.

Thats exactly why Obama Is Presiding Over The Fastest 6 Month Drop In Unemployment Since 1984.... BECAUSE ITS BULLSHIT!

I am sick of this jackass president and all his minions doing this sort of shit to prop him up as a great president.

If we as a nation vote him back in, or better yet, let him steal this next election... we will deserve everything they do to us through the next four years.
It will be disastrous!

And he was handed the fasted decline in employment in the history of the United States.

Is anything ever Obama's fault?

When are you punks ever going to take credit for your liberal policies?

Yeah.... I know.... never right?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRgaKfWMPA&feature=related]Obama said he should serve only one term - YouTube[/ame]

As long as we don't count those who have given up even looking, the numbers get better.

But the REAL numbers aint so rosey.
No they aren't. Obama is presiding over a shrunken work force...how else can they claim the number of 'unemployed' is going down? The graph I posted shows it, and that came from the BLS. (And that was just civilians).

Just wait until the 80,000 or more layoffs from the Military come into play and can't find work?

Sure. As soon as you assholes admit that Reaganomics was the greatest con job ever pulled on the American taxpayer and that cutting taxes on the rich was a horrible idea.

You remember David Stockman, don't you? He was REAGAN'S BUDGET DIRECTOR. What did he say about it?

Party and the O's re-election over the Republic.

Sure. As soon as you assholes admit that Reaganomics was the greatest con job ever pulled on the American taxpayer and that cutting taxes on the rich was a horrible idea.

You remember David Stockman, don't you? He was REAGAN'S BUDGET DIRECTOR. What did he say about it?

I know what he said, the question is, why is it when comments are posted by obamas econ. advisers they never count?

and Il'l take his con job over obamas con job any day of the week.

UUxCJ.png

How would dropping people from the count have anything to do with 257,000 jobs created?

BTW, most of the people in those adjusted numbers everyone is blabbering about are either over 55 or under 25, as in,

people less likely to have jobs in the first place.

Of course, since the Right likes the mythology better than the truth, the mythology has to become the truth.

The GOP is saying that yeah.......okay.........we're starting to show a bit of a recovery, but it's Obama's policies that are slowing it down, and if we followed their policies, we'd be recovering faster.

But it was their policies that they enacted in 2003 that caused the meltdown of 2008.

Incidentally, the stock market closed at almost 13,000 the other day.

How are his policies bad again?

Forum List

Back