Obama is NOT who you think he is

Obama is a moderate. Why you think Progressives like me aren't satisfied w/ his incremental approach. I wanted single-payer :cool:

I am no fan of anyone, but facts and fairness dictate reality...

On February 5, 2009...Summers and Timothy Geithner, the Treasury Secretary, drafted a memo to the President...TARP, they believed, wouldn’t be enough. Seventy per cent of Americans’ assets were in four banks, three of which were in serious trouble. If the situation worsened, Obama might need to nationalize one or more institutions that were “at the doorstep of failure.” Indeed, “there is a significant chance that Citigroup, Bank of America, and possibly others could ultimately end up in this category.” Nationalization would expose the government to enormous financial risk and political peril. Obama would be forced to take “actions to get the government a dominant ownership position,” and the banks would then “be subject to substantial restructuring and government control including the replacement of long-standing top management and long-standing directors.” It was unclear whether such a takeover was legal. Moreover, there was a “real risk” that seizing control of banks could, in fact, destroy them.

Obama would need congressional support if...

They warned Obama, “We may, by being proactive, be blamed for causing the problems we are seeking to preempt..."

Read more The Obama Memos: How Washington Remade the President : The New Yorker

"Seventy per cent of Americans’ assets were in four banks, three of which were in serious trouble."

Yep we need more mergers and such in the banking industry so all our eggs will be in fewer baskets.

Obama IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS. AND WE LET HIM OFF THE HOOK.

I've yet to understand the Kennedy family letting this man be endorsed nay embraced by those who loved Sirhan Sirhan.

How could they? It's so revolting to me that you could cheer on a man that dedicated a book to the assassin of your brother or your uncle.

One day I want an answer. I want a Kennedy to tell me how you could back Obama.

I've yet to understand the Kennedy family letting this man be endorsed nay embraced by those who loved Sirhan Sirhan.

How could they? It's so revolting to me that you could cheer on a man that dedicated a book to the assassin of your brother or your uncle.

All YOU HAVE TO DO IS PUT A DRINK IN MY HAND | Eric Church

hey hey hey!! it was just the other night I had to remind children on this board that a hoe started out as a garden instrument.

hey hey hey!! it was just the other night I had to remind children on this board that a hoe started out as a garden instrument.

But you can't tune em.

LMFAO!

Someone had to mention Kennedy!

NO mention of Carter yet?

Clinton did it too!!!

A high five for Monica!

AAECB815E4B3364-1.gif

Damn my ass! I am defending Obama all over the place in this thread just like daveman and other right wingers claim ;)

Obama is NOT who you think he is, and that could be a good thing.

The article linked below may be one of the greatest sources for highlighting the ignorance of most everyone who posts here.
In October, he was one of the thousands of African-Americans from Chicago who travelled[sic] to Washington for the Million Man March. (Obama criticized the march, telling a local alternative newspaper that it was a waste of energy.)

The Chicago Defender reported that Obama was asked “to step aside like other African Americans have done in other races for the sake of unity and to release Palmer from her commitment”—so that she could reclaim her State Senate seat. Obama left the meeting noncommittal.
How Chicago politics shaped Barack Obama : The New Yorker

We have asked her to reconsider not running because we don’t think Obama can win. He hasn’t been in town long enough. . . . Nobody knows who he is . . . We need someone with experience.

What makes you think you know what I think?

It's a big party, but you aint invited. Shuddup and pay for it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vws9fTtQgz4]Obama: Born On Krypton - YouTube[/ame]

Obama is NOT who you think he is, and that could be a good thing.

The article linked below may be one of the greatest sources for highlighting the ignorance of most everyone who posts here.
In October, he was one of the thousands of African-Americans from Chicago who travelled[sic] to Washington for the Million Man March. (Obama criticized the march, telling a local alternative newspaper that it was a waste of energy.)

The Chicago Defender reported that Obama was asked “to step aside like other African Americans have done in other races for the sake of unity and to release Palmer from her commitment”—so that she could reclaim her State Senate seat. Obama left the meeting noncommittal.
How Chicago politics shaped Barack Obama : The New Yorker

We have asked her to reconsider not running because we don’t think Obama can win. He hasn’t been in town long enough. . . . Nobody knows who he is . . . We need someone with experience.

What makes you think you know what I think?

you're maybe the most vapid and transparent soul @ USMB

Forum List

Back