Obama is NOT who you think he is

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Obama is NOT who you think he is, and that could be a good thing.

The article linked below may be one of the greatest sources for highlighting the ignorance of most everyone who posts here.
In October, he was one of the thousands of African-Americans from Chicago who travelled[sic] to Washington for the Million Man March. (Obama criticized the march, telling a local alternative newspaper that it was a waste of energy.)

The Chicago Defender reported that Obama was asked “to step aside like other African Americans have done in other races for the sake of unity and to release Palmer from her commitment”—so that she could reclaim her State Senate seat. Obama left the meeting noncommittal.

How Chicago politics shaped Barack Obama : The New Yorker

We have asked her to reconsider not running because we don’t think Obama can win. He hasn’t been in town long enough. . . . Nobody knows who he is . . . We need someone with experience.

Last edited:

The article linked below may be one of the greatest sources for highlighting the ignorance of most everyone who posts here.
In October, he was one of the thousands of African-Americans from Chicago who travelled[sic] to Washington for the Million Man March. (Obama criticized the march, telling a local alternative newspaper that it was a waste of energy.)

The Chicago Defender reported that Obama was asked “to step aside like other African Americans have done in other races for the sake of unity and to release Palmer from her commitment”—so that she could reclaim her State Senate seat. Obama left the meeting noncommittal.

We have asked her to reconsider not running because we don’t think Obama can win. He hasn’t been in town long enough. . . . Nobody knows who he is . . . We need someone with experience.

Yeah I'm only from Chicago and have known and had to listen to his crazy social justice shit for the last mmmm 15 years..

Oh yeah I forgot - I have only read his books and read his fathers ideas as well - you know the same guy he praises in "Dreams From My Father."

So yeah, I know exactly who he is...

The guy advocates using big government to solve what HE and deems "social and economic injustices" without regard for the Constitution..

Why don't you go read what his thoughts and feelings are on our Bill of Rights and Constitution in general...

Yea, we knew.... he's a ego-manic who will destroy anyone who gets in his way.

:eek:

hysteria on display!!!!

btw, he fought to have Republicans in his district. :rofl:

By the end of the final redistricting process, his new district bore little resemblance to his old one.

Rather than jutting far to the west, like a long thin dagger, into a swath of poor black neighborhoods of bungalow homes, Obama’s map now shot north, encompassing about half of the Loop, whose southern portion was beginning to be transformed by developers like Tony Rezko, and stretched far up Michigan Avenue and into the Gold Coast, covering much of the city’s economic heart, its main retail thoroughfares, and its finest museums, parks, skyscrapers, and lakefront apartment buildings.

African-Americans still were a majority, and the map contained some of the poorest sections of Chicago, but Obama’s new district was wealthier, whiter, more Jewish, less blue-collar, and better educated.

It also included one of the highest concentrations of Republicans in Chicago.

Yeah I'm...

Oh yeah I forgot - I have only read his books and read his fathers ideas...

So yeah, I know exactly who he is...

Why don't you go read what his thoughts and feelings are on our Bill of Rights and Constitution in general...

I know more about the US Constitution than you could learn in 2 lifetimes, that is if you were capable of learning. :razz:

Obama was never around his 'father'

you didn't read what is being discussed...:eek:

loser
:cool:

“It was a radical change,” Corrigan said. The new district was a natural fit for the candidate that Obama was in the process of becoming. “He saw that when we were doing fund-raisers in the Rush campaign his appeal to, quite frankly, young white professionals was dramatic.”

Yea, all that and a Chicago Punk........he doesn't even deserve to be called a thug.

ThugFather.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

Big Bad Saul Alinsky and "the world as it is"

...and then we have all these Right Wing Lunatics @ USMB ranting and raving about the influence of 'radical' Saul Alinsky on Obama.

:lol: Poor dopes, fed spin by FAUX News and the right wing noise machine...they buy the whole bs story...

Big Bad Saul Alinsky - advocate of community organizing in "the world as it is and not as we would like it to be."

Radical!!!!! :rofl:

By 2001, if there was any maxim from community organizing that Obama lived by, it was the Realpolitik commandment of Saul Alinsky, the founding practitioner of community organizing, to operate in “the world as it is and not as we would like it to be.”

Obama’s response to the event was published on September 19th in the Hyde Park Herald:

Even as I hope for some measure of peace and comfort to the bereaved families, I must also hope that we as a nation draw some measure of wisdom from this tragedy...we must act upon those lessons decisively... step up security at our airports...reexamine the effectiveness of our intelligence networks...be resolute in identifying the perpetrators of these heinous acts and dismantling their organizations of destruction.

We must also engage, however, in the more difficult task of understanding the sources of such madness. The essence of this tragedy, it seems to me, derives from a fundamental absence of empathy on the part of the attackers: an inability to imagine, or connect with, the humanity and suffering of others. Such a failure of empathy, such numbness to the pain of a child or the desperation of a parent, is not innate; nor, history tells us, is it unique to a particular culture, religion, or ethnicity. It may find expression in a particular brand of violence, and may be channeled by particular demagogues or fanatics. Most often, though, it grows out of a climate of poverty and ignorance, helplessness and despair.

Forum List

Back