Obama IS NOT helping the economy to recover, he is slowing its growth.

The point is, any economic growth that Obama is inhibiting is miniscule in comparison to other factors. Rather than blaming politicians, we need to blame the state of the market.

Let me ask you this question....

If you were about to open a lemon aid stand...and your business plan allowed for an 8% NET profit by the end of your 3rd year...but a large personal investment to start.....

But there was word coming from Washington that the EPA, with the Presidents blessing, was going to pass new regulations on the purchasing and use of lemons....nothing concrete....nothing for sure....just word going around....

Would you dive into the venture...or wait until you knew what the EPA was going to do?

First, I think I'd learn how to spell "lemonade".

The entire uncertainty argument is bullshit.
No it isn't...What the OP stated is 100% true.
As a matter of fact, this is an example of precisely why many businesses refuse to expand and many others are not opening.
There is no denying this. There is no factual rebuttal.

If you were about to open a lemon aid stand...and your business plan allowed for an 8% NET profit by the end of your 3rd year...but a large personal investment to start.....

But there was word coming from Washington that the EPA, with the Presidents blessing, was going to pass new regulations on the purchasing and use of lemons....nothing concrete....nothing for sure....just word going around....

Would you dive into the venture...or wait until you knew what the EPA was going to do?

As a matter of fact, this is an example of precisely why many businesses refuse to expand and many others are not opening.

BS. 90% of the uncertainty is caused by fear mongering and gov't disfunction from Pubs and their gigantic propaganda machine. "No compromise un-American GOP" (TIME mag) No reward for those aholes....

Yes America...

If you would only return to electing more republicans we could return to the business environment of 2007-2008 where we were LOSING 700,000 jobs a month. That is how much confidence business had in republicans

Yes America...

If you would only return to electing more republicans we could return to the business environment of 2007-2008 where we were LOSING 700,000 jobs a month. That is how much confidence business had in republicans

Democrats had control then. I prefer we don't return to that scenario. After all they were warned and just ignored it. No thanks

Nice quote and all...

But the concern was that regulations would curtail the hiring BACK of people already laid off....not result in further lay offs.

Companies had trimmed themselves down to the bare miunimum....no one was really looking at additional layoffs....with the exception of companies going out of business.

You quoted an article that does not at ALL address the issue of regulations costing employers money that they may otherwise invest back into the company so they can bring it back tot he size it was before the recession.

The quote doesn't, but the article itself does. It shows that it is a myth that regulations curtail job growth at any signficant level. This is according to a CONSERVATIVE economist and the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

my gawd, you have to be a real dummy to not think strangling regulations on a company doesn't HURT..

The new GOP/wingnut talking point, now that blaming the bad economy on Obama isn't going to work anymore:

the economy is recovering in spite of Obama, not because of him.

This is about the 4th time I've heard this today already...

Those goalposts must be pretty heavy, ya think?

Yes America...

2007-2009 is when Democrats were in charge. They had all the power. During that time they destroyed a lot of jobs.

fredgraph.png

New Topics

Forum List

Back