Obama Is NOT for the Working Man

No, Paul was... Thing is he actually held a job for most of his life. A real job, not a "I make money off my money" job.

He is for corporations over the workers.

Why, because he was against TARP, the Stimulus and anything that gave tax payer money to corporations/banks that were shit and fucked people out of their life saving? While Paul was giving speeches on the house floor telling people how tis would play out, how it would fuck the little guy the dude you voted for was busy handing that tax payer money to his "friends" that he was in debt to.

Just because Obama turned out like Bush and you're bitter does not make everyone who is a politician bad, especially when they have a record near 100 opposite as you claim.

But in the end that is why this is a dumb ass thread. It’s trolling. While Willo bashes Obama he supports Mitt who supported near everything Obama did on the economy… These are standardless partisan hacks who hate themselves when it comes to their own definitions.

Does he support workers collectively bargaining with their employers?
Minimum wage?
Socialized health care?

Or does he support deregulating labor laws?
No minimum wage?
No collective worker bargaining?
Private health ins?

So ... the GOP and their policies run the economy into the ground. Obama comes in and says he can save some of the jobs, and the GOP vehemently oppose him and vote no at every attempt (assuming they allow a vote). Obama gets some policies passed and saves some auto industry jobs.

And now the GOP has the nerve to attack Obama for not saving ALL the jobs?

Please GOP. Run on that platform.

Already trying to change history? Obama came in and more people lost their jobs. Obama came in and people are still massively out of work despite his promises.

Republicans on the other hand come into power in the House. Past countless bills that will increase job growth in the United States. Those people are now being ignored by Harry Reid in the Senate.

So you really want to run on this? Especially when Obama went out of his way to oppose the pipeline which required absolutely no government funds and would have produced thousands of jobs in multiple states? And when he is running against a man who made millions of dollars helping businesses become profitable and create jobs? This is your strategy?

Just shut up...

Mitt didn't do anything you or I couldn't have done.

Republicans have done dick. All Republicans have done is prepare for 2012, created a bunch of bumper sticker talking points. Republicans have offered not 1 single meaningful cut, unless we are talking about the few like Rand Paul who proposed a balanced budget but got a whole 7 yes votes. So the "libertarian" Republicans were shut out when it came to doing anything meaningful, shocking.

He is for corporations over the workers.

Why, because he was against TARP, the Stimulus and anything that gave tax payer money to corporations/banks that were shit and fucked people out of their life saving? While Paul was giving speeches on the house floor telling people how tis would play out, how it would fuck the little guy the dude you voted for was busy handing that tax payer money to his "friends" that he was in debt to.

Just because Obama turned out like Bush and you're bitter does not make everyone who is a politician bad, especially when they have a record near 100 opposite as you claim.

But in the end that is why this is a dumb ass thread. It’s trolling. While Willo bashes Obama he supports Mitt who supported near everything Obama did on the economy… These are standardless partisan hacks who hate themselves when it comes to their own definitions.

Does he support workers collectively bargaining with their employers?
Minimum wage?
Socialized health care?

Or does he support deregulating labor laws?
No minimum wage?
No collective worker bargaining?
Private health ins?

Paul supports Unions, just not public Union, just like the king of Progressivism FDR didn't and for the same reasons, it's a HUGE fucking monopoly that will bankrupt a country before they stop... kinda like they have lol.

Minimum wage has been proven to do far more harm than good.

Almost no country currently can afford the HC system they have, hell we can't even afford ours as is and you want it bigger? Their costs are growing every single year, faster than the revenue they can pull in.

The problem is you believe we are close to that utopia where housing, HC, food and pretty much everything else are just "taken care of." The issue is you never think it through, you never look at the cost or the side effects or just the flat out costs. Who gets to work their ass off making food, growing it or work their ass off being a doctor or building roads so that so that tens of millions can work at coffee shops for their whole lives part time?

Humans are animals, nothing more. If you give an animal everything it needs or wants for "free" that animal becomes dependent and incredibly lazy. Subsidize what you want more of.

Life should be hard, that is what makes animals work to make it better for THEMSELVES. Greed is possibly one of the most important and GOOD things that evolution gave every single animal on this planet. To try and pretend you can remove greed always ends badly as you will fail every single time. Not all people are equal, not all people are the same. Some have more drive than others, some are great leaders, inventors or just amazing workers. And yes, that is where you are headed with wage setting, HC covered, retirement covered, unemployment covered, transportation covered, child welfare covered and so on… Soon people have nothing to work for.

Unemployment has been above 8% for 41 months...............the entire time Obama has been in office, his policies aren't working.

BTW, that 8% is the manipulated number. :)

Paul is for unions???

Apparently his supporters do want ot advertise that.

You didn't ask what his supporters thought... But then again you didn't even know that Paul supports Unions.

Paul might not like or want a Union but he understand why they come about, what they do and that they are perfectly legitimate in the privet sector, and so do most Paul supporters.

Either you don't follow the conversation or you are trolling because there is a huge, massive, epics sized difference between a privet sector union and a public sector union. They are not even the same thing.

Unemployment has been above 8% for 41 months...............the entire time Obama has been in office, his policies aren't working.

BTW, that 8% is the manipulated number. :)

Factually incorrect and terribly misleading.

But I'm sure you know that.

I win!

Unemployment has not been above 8% for all of Obama's presidency.

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Also, his policies are dropping unemployment quicker than Bush's, so if that's failing, I'd love to see what you consider successful.

But I'm sure you know that.

I win!

Also, his policies are dropping unemployment quicker than Bush's, so if that's failing, I'd love to see what you consider successful.

Yes, Obama took some time to get UE up above 8%, then to 10%.

And no, UE has not been going down, not if you count it right as the guy you quoted said. If you stop counting people by the hundreds of thousands then yes, UE goes down. How else can 80k jobs created in a month get UE to go down when it takes 250 just to keep up with population growth?

You should stop attacking Bush as a way of making Obama failures somehow ok.

I win!

And no, UE has not been going down, not if you count it right as the guy you quoted said. If you stop counting people by the hundreds of thousands then yes, UE goes down. How else can 80k jobs created in a month get UE to go down when it takes 250 just to keep up with population growth?

I'm not attacking Bush. Nor am I changing the definition of statistics and how they're gathered and generated.

It's a fact, that from a peak of 10%, Obama dropped UE by 19.% in 30 months. It took Bush 40 months to achieve that. YOU are saying Obama is failing, so we must infer you think Bush failed too.

So, I'd love to hear your definition of success.

Last edited:

I'm not attacking Bush. Not am I changing the definition of statistics and how they're gathered and generated.

It's a fact, that from a peak of 10%, Obama dropped UE by 19.% in 30 months. It took Bush 40 months to achieve that. YOU are saying Obama is failing, so we must infer you think Bush failed too.

So, I'd love to hear your definition of success.

Did Bush have 400k people falling off the ass end that gets counted as "jobs created" by the way you calculate UE?

The reason most people don’t care what the UE is today is because most people know the way it’s calculated is a lie at best. I like how Harding and Coolidge did it, they didn’t need to spend the country into bankruptcy and they actually managed to achieve their goal. Unlike FDR, Bush or Obama who all spend insane amounts with returns that are so dismal people stop trusting them on the subject.

Obama Is NOT for the Working Man.
So ... the GOP and their policies run the economy into the ground. Obama comes in and says he can save some of the jobs, and the GOP vehemently oppose him and vote no at every attempt (assuming they allow a vote). Obama gets some policies passed and saves some auto industry jobs.

Heyyyyyyyyy......what's a lil'.......

.....between Parties?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U6rcJOUQLM]Norman Ornstein & Thomas Mann: It's Worse than It Looks - YouTube[/ame]​

Sadly most of GOP's base don't care to remember the recent past or just how shitty the economy was in Jan 09.

Bluntly, the "Conservatives" are engaging in every deception possible to keep people from remembering the truth about how close they took us to a Depression that would match or exceed the last one in every detail. And they are still trying to put us there.

As one looks at their platform, you realize how far they have strayed from the ideals of Abraham Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, and Dwight D. Eisenhower. None of these great men would even recognize this as their GOP.

Sadly most of GOP's base don't care to remember the recent past or just how shitty the economy was in Jan 09.

Bluntly, the "Conservatives" are engaging in every deception possible to keep people from remembering the truth about how close they took us to a Depression that would match or exceed the last one in every detail.
Hell......allow ME!!!!

January 13, 2008

"The recession-deniers were muzzled by a horrendous last two weeks of December, and the gloom-and-doomers are now out in force. Their key arguments:

* Plummeting housing will now drag down the rest of the economy.

*The "bad debt" problem is not just "sub-prime" folks who should never have have taken out mortgages in the first place. It includes credit card debt, "high quality" mortgages, car loans, and other leverage that have recently become a consumer way of life.

*Pressure on consumers is leading to a reduction in consumer spending (70% of economy), which, in turn, will lead to a reduction in spending by companies that sell stuff to consumers.

*The question now is not "will there be a recession?" but "how bad will it get?"

*The most optimistic forecasts in a NYT gloom-and-doom round-up are for three crappy quarters, regardless of what the Fed does. Less optimistic forecasts suggest that we are, well, screwed.

After blowing the last downturn, we've been worried this one since last summer (see below). We also suspect that, given the importance of housing to the economy and debt to consumer spending, the recession will be deeper and more prolonged than people think."

Forum List

Back